[Request] Bypassing B2W2 Reveal Glass lock.

theSLAYER

In B2W2, adding Reveal Glass as a key item would make it not usable, as long as the player didn't receive a Landorus from Dream Radar AND didn't receive the Reveal Glass from the NPC at Abundant Shrine (which once again requires Dream radar connection; NPC wouldn't appear it the player didn't connect to Dream Radar previously, even with correct Landorus in party)

As much as there's a solution to that, it requires the usage of AR codes.

Much like how adding the Eon Ticket to ORAS is handled by PKHeX,
I was thinking PKHeX can do that same thing.

Here's what I discovered.
Event Constant 336 -> 2
Event flag 1028 -> Set
AND
? ? ? to 0x211D4 appeared to activate it. (the value ? ? ? changes per save. won't recommend this method presently. use the BW Tool linked a few posts below)
image.png

Success on a test save, using a Reveal Glass that was hacked in.

I can upload the saves, if you need them.
(1.sav) Is saved before using cheat code
(2.sav) Is saved AFTER using cheat code
(3.sav) is after receiving the reveal glass on (2)
(1 test.sav) Is a clone of save (1), with the modifications I've learnt from (3)

• 1 year later...

Hi @theSLAYER,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to reply, since there aren't any and I'm new (if not, my excuses). I've been trying to find this solution for a while, but I don't understand this step: "85 10 9A to 0x211D4". Could you maybe elaborate it for me, please? I can't seem to find where to change this. Also, I assume this makes the Reveal Glass added in work? Or does it allow you to receive it at the Abundant Shrine with the correct Landorus?

9 hours ago, Nightshire said:

but I don't understand this step: "85 10 9A to 0x211D4

Literally write these bytes to the address I specified on Hex editor
image.png

So use PKHeX to modified the Event Constant and Flag as I specified,
write this value to this address as I specified,

Then open the modified save in PKHeX, and save the save, so that PKHeX fixes the checksums
(If the checksums not fixed, and you tried to load the game, it'll say it's corrupt.)

It makes it appears as you already received the Reveal Glass, so you I don't think you will be able to receive another one after these modifications.

11 minutes ago, Nightshire said:

Thank you. I wrote these bytes as you said. I'm pretty sure i followed all the steps now, but my Reveal Glass is still not working though... Not sure what I'm missing.

sorry I may have forgotten the original purpose of my post.

to correct what I said earlier, this should allow you to get the item from the NPC. Try exiting and reentering the forest, to see if the NPC loads.

No, the NPC won't load. I did edit in a Therian Landorus from Dream Radar and brought it there. Maybe these things do render the event as completed (I feel like that's the case cause the Event Flag is set)? I tried it with the Event Flag not set, but that doesn't do anything either.

Edited by Nightshire

1. If you have never received stuff from Dream Radar before, take note of this value (let's call it A) here.
image.png

If you have received stuff before from Dream Radar before, take note of this value (let's call it A) here, then jump to step 4.
image.png

(it doesn't need to be that specific location. Just the most common 4 in the area)

This value A would be different, depending on your save.
Grab A from your own save.

2. Blank out these lines, and fill up these bytes
(it's a CRC 16 CCITT checksum of the bytes from 0x7F00 to 0x7F00F)
image.png

3. Fill up these values in red with A (as noticed from earlier in your file)
image.png

4. Take A and xor it against 0x87643567. Then write the final value into 0x7F01C
Keep endianness in mind.
Example:
image.png

5. Fix the checksum for these locations.
image.png

After that, go to Unova Link > Nintendo 3DS Link to receive the mons from Dream Radar.

Once you receive the mons, you can receive the item from the NPC (gotta reload the area for the NPC to load)
[requirement for the Therian Landorus with your OT details apply]

image.png

6 minutes ago, Nightshire said:

Oh okay. I think I misunderstood. I thought this was a way to make a Reveal Glass added in with PkHex work or receive a working one from the NPC without needing a 3DS and Dream Radar.

You were right, however: I realized my solution only worked for my saves, not any other save, so I came up with an alternate solution.

My alternate solution only needs B2 or W2. It simulates that you received a mon from Dream Radar (you don't actually need 3DS or Dream Radar).
Thus if you follow the above steps, you can receive a free mon without even needing to connect. This also causes the NPC to appear.

37 minutes ago, Nightshire said:

I did all 4 steps, but 3DS Link says there is no research data. I also took the steps you mentioned before (Event Constant 336 -> 2 Event flag 1028 -> Set and
85 10 9A to 0x211D4).

It's as though you didn't read this:

49 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I realized my solution only worked for my saves, not any other save, so I came up with an alternate solution.

Please try the updated solution. That method only works for my saves. (the 3 set of digits appears to change based on saves.)

Oh no. I meant that first I tried the updated solution only, but that didn't work. So then I tried it with the other method included as well. Which also didn't work, but I get that this method isn't useful for me.

Edited by Nightshire

7 minutes ago, Nightshire said:

Oh no. I meant that first I tried the updated solution only, but that didn't work. So then I tried it with the other method included as well. Which also didn't work, but I get that this method isn't useful for me.

The updated method definitely works on your save. I tried it with that one. I'm guessing you didn't do it right or something.

@BlackShark woops, didn't realize that the editor also has Dream editor programmed. and here I was editing documenting the various values ><

@Nightshire use that program linked, on an unedited save. Once you receive the Landorus via that, it should allow the NPC to spawn naturally. (requirement of bringing the Landorus still applies)

edit: I test your save on the program and it appears to work no problems.

For future readers:

Turns out my initial solution in the first post is unique to my saves.

If you want the Reveal Glass from the NPC, use the BW Tool linked to inject a Therian Landorus into your save,
then proceed to collect it from Unova Link > Nintendo 3DS Link options of the Continue screen
(It simulates that you received a mon from Dream Radar; you don't actually need 3DS or Dream Radar).

Bring that Landorus to the Abundant Shrine, and you'll get the Reveal Glass.

Tutorial here.

• Like 2