Pokemon Omega Ruby Randomized Crash when Saving game

When I attempt to save in my Randomized version of Omega Ruby it Always Hard crashes right after I hit yes to save. I am forced to Hold the Power button to turn off my 3ds the Rosalina Menu won't even pop up when I use the menu Combo. It randomizes perfectly and even randomized the Starters and trainers but when I save (And location doesn't change anything I attempted in multiple places) It freeze and play the music in the area I'm in even after the power is turned off for a full 5 seconds. I have no idea what to do now and I would love to continue playing my Randomizer farther than the first gym. And before you say "Use the search bar" I did and didn't find an answer to my problem. Then again I could've worded my around 15 searches a little better maybe. Still, any help is appreciated. (It could be the fact that I put a little too many files in the Romfs folder (I put all the generated files into the SD card))

Edit- Forgot to mention the fact that I waited 30 minutes on one of the crashes and nothing happened.

Edited by Men10doh_2

17 minutes ago, Men10doh_2 said:

When I attempt to save in my Randomized version of Omega Ruby it Always Hard crashes right after I hit yes to save. I am forced to Hold the Power button to turn off my 3ds the Rosalina Menu won't even pop up when I use the menu Combo. It randomizes perfectly and even randomized the Starters and trainers but when I save (And location doesn't change anything I attempted in multiple places) It freeze and play the music in the area I'm in even after the power is turned off for a full 5 seconds. I have no idea what to do now and I would love to continue playing my Randomizer farther than the first gym. And before you say "Use the search bar" I did and didn't find an answer to my problem. Then again I could've worded my around 15 searches a little better maybe. Still, any help is appreciated. (It could be the fact that I put a little too many files in the Romfs folder (I put all the generated files into the SD card))

Edit- Forgot to mention the fact that I waited 30 minutes on one of the crashes and nothing happened.

I don't play with randomized versions, but to be sure, it's a fresh save file, right?
Are you playing on an updated game?
(as in the patch version; maybe you can only save on a 3DS without the ORAS update patch installed.)
Like, your game isn't trying to replace an existing save file or anything.

Also, are you playing on cart or cia version?

A quick google search tells me that there were a batch of faulty OR carts that had problem saving.

• Like 1

Playin on cia version update is installed for Alpha Sapphire but I will delete the update, Yes it is trying to make a fresh save.

Edit-Just tried what you suggested with the update, still instantly crashes when attempting to save.

Edited by Men10doh_2

12 minutes ago, Men10doh_2 said:

Playin on cia version update is installed for Alpha Sapphire but I will delete the update, Can't save it crashes when trying to.

Edit-Just tried what you suggested with the update, still instantly crashes when attempting to save.

Does the non-randomized game save?

(if you're using layeredFS feature of Luma, you can just disable patching)

• Like 1

Yes Un-randomized saves also have no idea what layeredFS on luma is, I'm decently new to the whole CFW & randomizing thing. Disableing patches will make Omega Ruby not even launch and force a shutdown.

Edit- I may get the correct update and see if that fixes the crash.

Edited by Men10doh_2

5 minutes ago, Men10doh_2 said:

Yes Un-randomized saves also have no idea what layeredFS on luma is, I'm decently new to the whole CFW & randomizing thing. Disableing patches will make Omega Ruby not even launch and force a shutdown.

Edit- I may get the correct update and see if that fixes the crash.

What version is your Luma on?

Your Omega Ruby should launch normally, when "game patching" is disabled. This is clearly abnormal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Men10doh_2 said:

Luma is on v9.1

If I read your previous updates correct, you have a Alpha Sapphire installed, but loaded the randomizer files meant for Omega Ruby. Delete the files for the randomizer, get the latest AS update, and try to load it again.

If it doesn't load, maybe something is wrong with your game. I don't think there should be a problem with Luma 9.1

• Like 1

No, I have Omega Ruby installed I just had the Update for Alpha Sapphire (I Deleted Alpha sapphire to make room for other things, just forgot to delete the update for it), Also Deleting the Files for the randomizer also insta crashes the Game as I launch it.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear enough about what's installed and what's not.

Btw- I tested having the Update installed and it still crashes when I save. but now I can open the Rosalina menu, at least once when I have debugger enabled

Edited by Men10doh_2
Gammer mistake

3 minutes ago, Men10doh_2 said:

No, I have Omega Ruby installed I just had the Update for Alpha Sapphire (I Deleted Alpha sapphire to make room for other things, just forgot to delete the update for it), Also Deleting the Files for the randomizer also insta crashes the Game as a launch it.

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear enough about what's installed and what's not.

Btw- I tested having the Update installed and it still crashes when I save. but now I can open the Rosalina menu, at least once when I have debugger enabled

The update for AS wouldn't affect OR, normally, so that wouldn't have done anything.

If game shouldn't have insta crashed in any case, so that's a weird scenario.
Delete the save file (using checkpoint/JKSM) and try a clean launch, without any updates.

If that doesn't work, proceed to reinstall the game clean then try again.
If it doesn't launch (or save) clean, then nothing would work.

(Suggests you have a faulty game)

• Like 1

Progress report 2: 100% Clean cia launch With and without patches

with: no insta launch crash, crash when saving still happens.

without: no insta crash when launched, No Save Crash

Edit- I'm 90% sure something went wrong with the Randomization or I put WAY too many files in the Romfs folder than I should have... I'm gonna hide this thread and try to fix this tomorrow y eyes are starting to burn when I blink, I'm super tired and i've been trying to get this to work for the past 3 hours. If you got anymore ideas @theSlayer, send them over. Thank you for your help in trying to fix my issue brother.

Edited by Men10doh_2
I'm tired af

49 minutes ago, Men10doh_2 said:

without: no insta crash when launched, No Save Crash

so no issues with the clean game, right?

Maybe the randomization had an error or something. At least you know it isn't a CFW problem.
Make sure in your system settings that there's no Omega Ruby update installed.

I'm suspecting the randomized version may have included updated files or something.

(compare the v. number of Omega Ruby for the normal version vs randomized versions boots.)