Newbie here.

kirinke

Allo. I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but I cannot get homebrew to work on my 2ds at all. It is an old model. The firmware is: 11.8.0-41U

I need step by step, simple, easy instructions (the QR method won't work for me).

Please help. Gah!

Edited by kirinke

1 hour ago, kirinke said:

I guess I'm doomed to powersavs then. That looks too complicated for me. Thanks though.

It looks complicated at first glance, but it's actually noob-proof.

perform the steps line by line, and be prepared to sink a few hours in, and it'll be over before you know it :)

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry about that. Anyway, I figured out how to get to the Homebrew channel. YAY!

Now... How do you Extract the save file for ultra sun? I can't find it anywhere on the ds. Some mentioned some sort of save editor like JK Save editor, but when I tried that, it wouldn't work. Gah!

1 hour ago, kirinke said:

Sorry about that. Anyway, I figured out how to get to the Homebrew channel. YAY!

Now... How do you Extract the save file for ultra sun? I can't find it anywhere on the ds. Some mentioned some sort of save editor like JK Save editor, but when I tried that, it wouldn't work. Gah!

On our tutorials section, there’s a tutorial about how to handle 3DS saves.

Read that, follow it, test it and let us know if it doesn’t work.

And if it doesn’t work rather than just tell us “the entire app doesn’t work”, tell us specifically which step went wrong, what you did, and attach screenshots to support your argument.

its hard to diagnose “oh JKSM doesn’t work” when we all know it does...

As far as the save editor not working, it's probably just me being an idiot. After all, how long did it take for me to figure out how to get to the Homebrew channel? Lol. Thanks though, I appreciate it. One of the things that did help me get to the homebrew channel was this video though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sQfs0u66g

I'll peruse the tutorials.

Finally got it to work! YAYAYAYAY!!!!! I am a happy lil noobie hacker. ^_^

Thank you for your patience and help!

Edited by kirinke
  • Like 1