LGPE: Birthday Chansey

theSLAYER

Yeah, the Switch has no infrared communication port, so they didn't have much choice i guess.

I hope they will continue the usual local wireless events.

6 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Serial code events are easier to collect. But I somehow feel they might have finally secured their servers ??

Though presently Switch isn't region locked, meaning any Serial Code entries might not be region locked too.

(unless they decide to revert back to language locked days, tho that means players can just start the game in that language)

If I had to guess, they aren't going to use local wireless at all anymore. The fact that they require you to show your switch and game indicates that they either don't have the technology ready, or want to have the same effect without using it.

Also Birthday codes will be a high price. but not that high. There are LOTS of pokemon center locations. A quick trip around Japan throughout your birthday month and you could get 100's of serial codes.

19 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

If I had to guess, they aren't going to use local wireless at all anymore. The fact that they require you to show your switch and game indicates that they either don't have the technology ready, or want to have the same effect without using it.

Except birthday gifts were always Infrared, not Local Wireless. They probably made it Serial Code to prevent other people from connecting, when the gift was only meant for the birthday kid.

Still, I expected it a be general Local Wireless gift, not a birthday gift ><

19 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Also Birthday codes will be a high price. but not that high. There are LOTS of pokemon center locations. A quick trip around Japan throughout your birthday month and you could get 100's of serial codes

well it'll be pricey to do all that travelling, but I'll imagine at some point there will be a glimpse of a cheap code.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Like people do with Zelda? I suppose.

After all, the Nintendo Switch itself isn’t region locked, but the servers could very well enforce region locking (based on registered account’s region) if they so choose to.

edit:
I'm presently testing a new format, for future wonder cards :) (not that we have them yet :/ )

WC ID?:「?」, without any preset language.
 Species   Chansey 
 Nickname   (default name) 
 OT Name   (recipient) 
 TID   181116 
 Distribution   Serial Code 
 Location   a Pokémon Center 
 Dates   (Various) 
 PID   Cannot Be Shiny 
 Games   Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee 
 Nature   Random 
 Card Per Save   Only One Allowed 

Cherish Ball Lv. 1