Pokemon Space World '98 to .PK2 Converter

Poke J

This application converts the dumped Pokemon from the Space World 98 Demo to a .pk2 format in order for the Pokemon to be opened and injected into a Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver save file.  This application does not fix any legality issues that may arise after converting the file.

How to use:

Spoiler
  • Load the game and place the Pokemon you want to dump in the first slot of your party.
  • On the emulators tool bar click Tool -> Debug -> Memory Viewer.
  • Click save in the Memory Viewer window.
  • In the "Address" box input 0000D6B2 and in the "Size" box input 30.  Thanks @jojo12100 for that information.
  • This will create .dmp file.
  • Drag the .dmp file onto this application to convert the file.
  • The converted file will be named "Dumped Pokemon.pk2" and will be in the same file as the .dmp file.  Note: A '+' will be added to the end of the .pk2 file name if "Dumper Pokemon.pk2" already exists.
  • The Pokemon can now be opened in PKHeX.

December 10, 2018 Update fixes run time errors.

December 7, 2018 Update

Spoiler
  • Pokemon species will be adjusted if the Pokemon exists in the final game or a member of its evolutionary line still exists.
  • Pokemon nicknames have been added to match the Pokemon's name from the demo.
  • The correct trainer name is now displayed if the trainer has an ID of 00000.
  • Output file is now named after the demo Pokemon.
  • If the converted Pokemon comes out shiny the output file will now indicate that.
  • General file checks have been added to ensure a proper file has been added.

Known Issues:

• Pokemon with numbers in their name omits the number.
    • Porygon2 simple unclick nickname box in PKheX to fix.

Download: application here

• Like 7

I'm glad you worked on it.

Did it correctly translate Pokemon ID of Skarmory for example from Demo to GSC? Same for some attack ID changes?

A nice addition feature will be to translate Leafeon and other directly to pk7; it can be done but will be harder to implement.

45 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I'm glad you worked on it.

Did it correctly translate Pokemon ID of Skarmory for example from Demo to GSC? Same for some attack ID changes?

A nice addition feature will be to translate Leafeon and other directly to pk7; it can be done but will be harder to implement.

The trainer ID and the DVs should remain the same as they where in the demo.  I’ve toyed with the idea of correcting the species if the Pokémon or a member of its evolutionary line still exists to the existing Pokémon.  In terms of converting to pk7 I haven’t considered implementing that and will look into the possibility of adding that in the future.  I can say the next change will be implementing the correct demo names for each Pokémon instead of having is set to a ?.

15 minutes ago, Poke J said:

The trainer ID and the DVs should remain the same as they where in the demo.  I’ve toyed with the idea of correcting the species if the Pokémon or a member of its evolutionary line still exists to the existing Pokémon.  In terms of converting to pk7 I haven’t considered implementing that and will look into the possibility of adding that in the future.  I can say the next change will be implementing the correct demo names for each Pokémon instead of having is set to a ?.

I remember that problem with nicknames because the datas weren't in the same place (add to correct that in Pkhex at the time). To correct it you have to find where nicknames data are stored in demo and send them in GS slots.

Too bad PGO quest is at a dead point for the moment. Time plays against us.

Plus I have good and bad news for underleved in Let's Go. Some new quests will be fun.

Is there anyway this could work with a My Oldboy saved state?  And I assume Pokemon won't keep their shininess because different IVs determine it, right?  Because I have a Shiny Skarmory and Meowth on my phone and I would love if there could somehow be a way to import them to Crystal.  Also, regarding Leafeon, why don't you support Gen 4 and above and have two options for transfer algorithms?  What I mean is, you can either pick the algorithm Poke Transporter and PKHeX uses for transferring to Gen 7, which keeps the Pokemon's stats legal but drastically changes them, or you can pick the alogorithm Metropolis' PKX Delta uses, which keeps the stats extremely close to what they were originally but because of that, results in illegal stats.  Just saying.

Maybe Spaceworld to Gen 3 and above could keep shininess since Gen 3 and above don't rely on IVs for shininess.  The problem really comes in with Spaceworld and the final Gen 2 games...

BTW the particular ROM I use on my phone is this one: mod edit: link removed, as it links to a video that links to roms.

22 minutes ago, POKEMONMASTER260 said:

Is there anyway this could work with a My Oldboy saved state?  And I assume Pokemon won't keep their shininess because different IVs determine it, right?  Because I have a Shiny Skarmory and Meowth on my phone and I would love if there could somehow be a way to import them to Crystal.  Also, regarding Leafeon, why don't you support Gen 4 and above and have two options for transfer algorithms?  What I mean is, you can either pick the algorithm Poke Transporter and PKHeX uses for transferring to Gen 7, which keeps the Pokemon's stats legal but drastically changes them, or you can pick the alogorithm Metropolis' PKX Delta uses, which keeps the stats extremely close to what they were originally but because of that, results in illegal stats.  Just saying.

Maybe Spaceworld to Gen 3 and above could keep shininess since Gen 3 and above don't rely on IVs for shininess.  The problem really comes in with Spaceworld and the final Gen 2 games...

BTW the particular ROM I use on my phone is this one: mod edit: link removed, as it links to a video that links to roms.

It may or may not work, depending on it's filesize.

you're right; shininess probably won't stay, as the games calculate them differently.

Also, gen 2 can't legitimately transfer to gen 3, So that isn't a solution to your shiny problem.

Also, don't link to ROMs.

4 hours ago, POKEMONMASTER260 said:

As of the moment there will not be any sussport for save states as I do not know the offset of where the Pokémon are.  So for the time being the application will remain as tool to correct the dump files from the game.  Transferring to higher gens will not be implemented as that is a function that PKHeX can do very well.

• Like 1

If I may ask for a small feature implementation, would it be okay of you put a little star symbol next to the dumped Pokemon's filename if it ends up becoming shiny in both the demo and final? It's technically possible to happen if you get the correct DVs and I got a ton of DMP files that I have to manually insert into Japanese Gold to see if the stats add up to a shiny in the final.

It would be less of a hassle for me if something like that was implemented.

12 minutes ago, SwagKey said:

If I may ask for a small feature implementation, would it be okay of you put a little star symbol next to the dumped Pokemon's filename if it ends up becoming shiny in both the demo and final? It's technically possible to happen if you get the correct DVs and I got a ton of DMP files that I have to manually insert into Japanese Gold to see if the stats add up to a shiny in the final.

It would be less of a hassle for me if something like that was implemented.

In the next update the way files are named is going to change to reflect what the Pokémon actually.  So I can’t think of any reason why this shouldn’t be apart of the naming function.  Thank you for the suggestion! ?

On 12/7/2018 at 3:42 PM, Poke J said:

Sorry for the delay with this update, but there was a bug that I could fix for the past month.  You can see the changes and download the new file in the original post.

I'm getting system errors when trying to run it.