Question regarding origin data recognition

Domesticwarlord86

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little guidance here and maybe someone here can help me.

My end goal is to have a living dex of all pokemon stored in my PokeBank with each grouping coming from the game they were originally released on. I've already done this with the VC Red/Blue and uploaded into Pokebank with a nice shiny Gameboy marking. Now I'd like to continue my journey. Problem is, I don't have a retail copy of Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold anymore, only my backed up rom and Save files I run on my Flashcart. Of course Poke Transport can't read from flashcarts so I'm trying to find a way to get these pokemon into PokeBank and still retain their origin data. 

I've tried dragging the pokemon from SoulSilver save into my current UltraSun save and then injecting that back to my 3DS, but then PokeBank sees the pokemon as having originated from UltraSun, even though PKHeX shows it originated from SoulSilver.

My question is, is there any way to use PKHeX to get the PKMN from SoulSilver.sav into PokeBank and still retain the origin data?

2 hours ago, Domesticwarlord86 said:

I've tried dragging the pokemon from SoulSilver save into my current UltraSun save and then injecting that back to my 3DS, but then PokeBank sees the pokemon as having originated from UltraSun, even though PKHeX shows it originated from SoulSilver.

If you did that step correctly, then there shouldn't be any problems.

Presently, my main focus is this:

PokeBank sees the pokemon as having originated from UltraSun

Take a photograph to show the status in Pokebank, and explain what you mean by the statement above.

Also, attach said Pokemon as an example, together with the image.

I asked for the above, because without all the information, I doubt we can reach any meaningful conclusion.

edit: I also changed the title of your thread; your title was somewhat misleading; true subject of inquiry and title didn't match.
(If you were looking for a living dex, I would have redirected you to this page)

• theSLAYER changed the title to Question regarding origin data recognition