Hello, I have a dumb question about the moved pokemons from previous version to SW/SH.

Do Gen 6 (ORAS) pokemons still have their OT memories even after they moved to Gen 8 using pokemon bank and home?

Bc I've known that Gen 7 pokemons have not any OT memories(maybe wiped?) when they moved to Gen 8 using pokemon home.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by zillionaire
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, our wondercards should be accurate. Also PCD is an old format, we use WC4 now (decrypted Pokemon inside).

I see where you're seeing the error, but placing it in a position in the box makes it legal. Although, placing it in the box inherently modifies it to fix some inconsistencies. Is this your self-caugh

PKHeX marks nicknamed events as Fishy. You can access the full report by holding control when clicking. It's possible to nickname anything, so long as you have the same trainer details (can be do

Posted Images

This may be a strange question, but it does concern legality:

If I use RTC while emulating a 3rd  generation game on PC, does the game generate random seeds that a normal retail cartride would while having an active battery? I know that, by default, the game treats the whole thing as dead battery, which IS the same as cartride with dead battery. But I was wondering if enabling RTC in options for Emus creates normal, legitimate battery seeds? 

So, for example: If I use RunAsDate to run my VBA and then set the date to 01.01.2000 (which I believe is the date the cartridge batteries started from, on the original Ruby and Saphire releases), is the starting seed I get when I boot up my game and create a new save the same that those really old games used to?

I feel like it has to, and that this question is stupid, but I'm very finnicky about legality so I wanna make sure.

Edited by Farfetchd
  • 2 months later...

I have a question regarding how precise and in-depth the data stored in Pokemon files is throughout generations:

If I transfer a Pokemon through Pal Park, it gets the day as a met date on which it was transferred, as gen 3 didn't have met dates. If I then transfer it from Gen 4 to Gen 5 through the Pokemon Transporter, it does the same, overwriting the old met date.

Is that old met date still findable in the Pokemon file somewhere? Even if it's only theoretically possible, like by reading the hex files or trashbytes or whatever. Could I see the date of a Pokemon being transfered from Gen 3 to Gen 4 in a Gen 5+ generation, if I had access to the Pokemon file? Or is it WHOLLY overwritten?

11 minutes ago, Farfetchd said:

I have a question regarding how precise and in-depth the data stored in Pokemon files is throughout generations:

If I transfer a Pokemon through Pal Park, it gets the day as a met date on which it was transferred, as gen 3 didn't have met dates. If I then transfer it from Gen 4 to Gen 5 through the Pokemon Transporter, it does the same, overwriting the old met date.

Is that old met date still findable in the Pokemon file somewhere? Even if it's only theoretically possible, like by reading the hex files or trashbytes or whatever. Could I see the date of a Pokemon being transfered from Gen 3 to Gen 4 in a Gen 5+ generation, if I had access to the Pokemon file? Or is it WHOLLY overwritten?

All of the met data is discarded and replaced during transfer to gen 5 so no it isn't stored anywhere in the Pokémon data. The only met data that doesn't get overwritten from gen 4 to 5 is when and how the egg was obtained if the Pokémon hatched from an egg.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Poke J said:

All of the met data is discarded and replaced during transfer to gen 5 so no it isn't stored anywhere in the Pokémon data. The only met data that doesn't get overwritten from gen 4 to 5 is when and how the egg was obtained if the Pokémon hatched from an egg.

Thank you! I didn't really expect an answer for this very specific question. Does the Gen 5 aquisition data remain in Generation 8? I don't have access to Switch saves, so I can't check myself, but I remember the old Gen 5 Poke transporter date was always in the files even in Gen 6/7.

• 1 month later...

I have a quick question about injected Wonder Cards for Gen 5 and 6.

If I download the events from this site's gallery, it will give the Pokemon a met data that matches the one on the wonder card, which is, well, part of the wonder card. It won't be affected by my DS's system clock. But what I'm curious about: Does my system date/clock affect the mon's RNG? Like, say I download a Giratina from Gen 5 that's set to 01.01.2013. My DS is set to 12.02.2013 instead; will the Pokemon's nature and IV be generated off of my system's settings or will it have a specific seed attached to it that the system generated when originally receiving the wondercard?

2 hours ago, Farfetchd said:

I have a quick question about injected Wonder Cards for Gen 5 and 6.

If I download the events from this site's gallery, it will give the Pokemon a met data that matches the one on the wonder card, which is, well, part of the wonder card. It won't be affected by my DS's system clock. But what I'm curious about: Does my system date/clock affect the mon's RNG? Like, say I download a Giratina from Gen 5 that's set to 01.01.2013. My DS is set to 12.02.2013 instead; will the Pokemon's nature and IV be generated off of my system's settings or will it have a specific seed attached to it that the system generated when originally receiving the wondercard?

In super simplified terms the RNG is based on when you launch the game. You can easily manipulate the RNG in gen 5, but it's nearly impossible to manipulate the RNG in gen 6 without additional software running. So to answer your questions:

1) Yes, your system date and clock affects the RNG.

2) The IVs and nature of the Pokémon will be generated off of your system settings (when you launch the game) and not when the Wonder Card was received.

2 hours ago, Poke J said:

In super simplified terms the RNG is based on when you launch the game. You can easily manipulate the RNG in gen 5, but it's nearly impossible to manipulate the RNG in gen 6 without additional software running. So to answer your questions:

1) Yes, your system date and clock affects the RNG.

2) The IVs and nature of the Pokémon will be generated off of your system settings (when you launch the game) and not when the Wonder Card was received.

Oh yeah, I know how RNG manip generally works, I was moreso curious if the "locked" date you get with the event downloads would also lock the IVs/Nature because of the Pokemon having some kind of internal date.

I guess I'll just edit the summary to have the correct date then, so they correspond to the correct seed?