Metalbear

The Legality Question/Check Thread

On 2/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Loopy said:

From what I understand: yes, as all relevant values for the PID are predetermined. 

I'm not 100% if natures, IVS etc. are predetermined on every single in-game trade, but so for my purposes: If I play through Heart Gold once and do all the in-game trades, if I did it again on another save those Pokemon could not be clearly sorted to one playthrough over the other (once they've been traded a gen up and latest handler isn't indicative)? (I know it's a bit of a weird question, sorry for that)

Edited by Farfetchd

I'm trying to get a near perfect Eevee starter in pokemon XD but do not know how to go about this properly my main goal is to get perfect Special attack and speed with modest nature but everything I do shows up as illegal in PKHex, trying to use PID generators but I'm new to genning in Generation 3 

19 hours ago, Farfetchd said:

I'm not 100% if natures, IVS etc. are predetermined on every single in-game trade, but so for my purposes: If I play through Heart Gold once and do all the in-game trades, if I did it again on another save those Pokemon could not be clearly sorted to one playthrough over the other (once they've been traded a gen up and latest handler isn't indicative)? (I know it's a bit of a weird question, sorry for that)

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade#List_of_in-game_trades you can check here

hello

I don't understand why the following error message appears : invalid geolocation country is not in 3ds region

However I had this pokemon by a person who owned it thanks to the pokemon home

thanks

n.png

1 hour ago, mineiro45 said:

hello

I don't understand why the following error message appears : invalid geolocation country is not in 3ds region

However I had this pokemon by a person who owned it thanks to the pokemon home

thanks

n.png

This mon wasn't transfered by someone with HOME.

Is that so. and is it legal and playable online directly?

n.png

it's weird because with all the serious people who exchange me zeraora (of pokemon home), when I go on pkhex the home tracker is always at 000000000
There must be a problem with this pokemon.
He is the only one who does this

Hi. I have a question about a trade evolution pokemon. 

I have a hacked switch with emunnand where i used pkhx to edit the way that trade evolution pokemon evolve (from trade to level 40) in Pokemon sword.

If i trasnfer a pokemon via pkhex to my sysnand save (where i play online, i found a guide in gbatemp with instructions to backup and inject a save without cfw and I been using for a few months now without any problem or ban) will it have any legality issues because it was never traded to evolve? 

Is there any flag or byte in the Pokemon code that is flagged when it is traded? 

Thanks.

Edited by Pedro250

The mon must have your name in HT_name. When it gets traded to someone else, that field is occupied by their name.
So when traded back to you, that field gets replaced by your name.

Besides that, the save also records number of trades, so you may wanna edit that so that it is not 0.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

The mon must have your name in HT_name. When it gets traded to someone else, that field is occupied by their name.
So when traded back to you, that field gets replaced by your name.

Besides that, the save also records number of trades, so you may wanna edit that so that it is not 0.

Thanks.

Does Shiny Deoxys captured on Emerald version have multiple forms? Or only normal?

In Emerald natively? Only Speed form.

When transferred upwards? Can be any form, cause of the various transform mechanics littered across those games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

In Emerald natively? Only Speed form.

When transferred upwards? Can be any form, cause of the various transform mechanics littered across those games.

I used some PK file that has a shiny Deoxys on it for USUM and it's Normal Form, flagged as legal. What I was wondering is If I could create multiple with different forms.