The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

Does the Legality Checker know that HG/SS can give you a Dialga/Giratina/Palkia? My Arceus-event Dialga is showing up as "Type: Hacked or Unknown Pokemon" and I didn't do anything differently to it than my other three PPSE-DS-altered pokemon. I just "EV-trained" them quick-style and switched around some of the IVs, but the others don't have any red flags; they just have yellow "Hatched" for their type.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm asking this in the right place, and I apologize if I'm not.

I have a question about an AR code. The 100% catch rate code. How exactly does that work? I know that it obviously lets you catch any pokemon in any ball 100% of the time, but how does it do that exactly? For VGC players, would the pokemon come up as hacked if I tried to use it in a match?

Trying to make a Darkrai, I generated legitimate IV's but I simply moved them around to other areas hah. :P

I also tested this out with a randomly generated IV version and I got the same result; any ideas?

2rhldex.png

I attached the Darkrai file, if someone could maybe alter it so it would provide me with a legitimate result with the same IV's, EV's, OT name and such?

Thanks in advance!

Darkrai.pkm

Darkrai.pkm

I hope I'm asking this in the right place, and I apologize if I'm not.

I have a question about an AR code. The 100% catch rate code. How exactly does that work? I know that it obviously lets you catch any pokemon in any ball 100% of the time, but how does it do that exactly? For VGC players, would the pokemon come up as hacked if I tried to use it in a match?

catch rate for each ball is made to be the equivalent of the masterball. and no, they shouldn't look hacked.

Trying to make a Darkrai, I generated legitimate IV's but I simply moved them around to other areas hah. :P

I also tested this out with a randomly generated IV version and I got the same result; any ideas?

2rhldex.png

I attached the Darkrai file, if someone could maybe alter it so it would provide me with a legitimate result with the same IV's, EV's, OT name and such?

Thanks in advance!

reduce speed and special defense ivs by1 -- 22/12/22/29/31/18

I hope Im asking about legality for this type in the right place:

I use the wild pokemon modifier AR code and also am going to start using a shiny code. Are any pokemon caught with this type of setup legal?

no.

e: well,"legal", i suppose, but they will come up as hacked in the legality checker.

Edited by Bond697

• 3 months later...

Honestly, I do not get the PIDIV thing. What does each one do exactly. Also, the guide does not explain "Non_Event D/P or GBA". What does that mean?

For the SID 65535, when you load it onto your game and save, it will say "The save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded." and it will load the game where you save before getting the 65535 SID Pokemon. I tried it when I wanted to make the in-game Player Characters, and I didn't know why it kept changing, but when I finally found out, it was too late: I lost all of the progress; including the RAQUAZA, and it took a long time to redo everything ;|

Edited by 8o8Dark

• 1 month later...
well i have a simple question very n00bish and this is where i think it belongs

if i hack an event item is the pokemon i gain as a cause of that event legal?

Depends on the event item you hack.

An item that hasn't been released, like the Azure Flute, wouldn't be legal under any definition nor would the lvl 80 in-game OT/ID# Arceus that is obtained by it.

For a released item, such as the Plat Darkrai item, it'd be legal.

Depends on the event item you hack.

An item that hasn't been released, like the Azure Flute, wouldn't be legal under any definition nor would the lvl 80 in-game OT/ID# Arceus that is obtained by it.

For a released item, such as the Plat Darkrai item, it'd be legal.

realy? thought it was the other way around

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good that you did the pandoras.

The 0x85 hex

85h

85h Values are used in Diamond and Pearl too, along with Platinum.

00 - Egg/Pal Park/Event/Honey Tree/Shaymin (D/P/Pt)

02 - Tall Grass/Darkrai (D/P/Pt)

04 - Dialga/Palkia (D/P/Pt)

05 - Cave/Hall of Origin/Giratina (D/P/Pt)

07 - Caught in the Water (D/P/Pt)

09 - Caught in Buildings (D/P/Pt)

17 - Distortion World (Giratina) (Pt)

18 - Starter Pokemon/Bebe's Eevee/Fossil Pokemon (Pt)

0A - Great Marsh/Safari Zone (D/P/Pt)

0C - Starter Pokemon/Fossil Pokemon (D/P)

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if this pokemon is 100% legit or not? none of the fields go over any bounds, as far as i can tell the hidden hex values are right and it seems to pass the legal checker however unlike my other pokemon it does not display the sync valid field. this pokemon was intended to be the same starter i supposedly got at the start

Capture.jpg

Capture2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to get my head around legality, and I was wondering if someone could check this Garchomp? I'm a little confused about the Hometown bit of the Pokesav. Do you set it to the game the species is native to? I also don't really understand the IDs. If you click INPUT OWN ID and INPUT OWN OT will that then be safe?

I'm using the v0.06 Pokesav for B/W by the way.

garchomp.pkm

garchomp.pkm