The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

I also came with a Trash Bytes question. From what I've been reading it can be fixed by Nicknaming and then nick naming back to original name. All my Pokemon pass the legit checker so is this necessary?

You can fix it through that method if the Pokemon is hatched. I'm not sure about Pal Park Pokemon, though. If you're talking about Pal Park Pokemon, you can go ahead and try that, but I'd suggest running them through the Normalizer. It's not necessary, but the legality checker doesn't check everything... I think it doesn't check trash bytes.

Is this Mismagius hacked? I've assumed it hacked but I might be wrong hopefully somebody can help since I will be releasing it if it is hacked.

Hacked, because Mismagius can't learn Nasty Plot unless it was bred from HG/SS, not Diamond.

Well, for items like the Azure Flute, if someone has one, you know it's been hacked since it hasn't come out yet officially. As for any old item, I can't think of any way to prove an item's been hacked or not.

Well, for items like the Azure Flute, if someone has one, you know it's been hacked since it hasn't come out yet officially. As for any old item, I can't think of any way to prove an item's been hacked or not.

Ya that's what I wanted to know just like any regular old item.

Another question is that do WISH Blissey's have a certain OT? Because I just came across one and it's from Hoenn and the OT is Brendan or Brendon forgot if it's an A or an O lol but regardless ya can I have the info if anthing I'll load up the PKM file but only if it's needed I'm to lazy to upload right now lolz

Well I've been reading and it says Hatched Pokemon don't follow the PID/IV Generator. Does that mean any combination works? Or is there another way to make hatched Pokemon look legit?

I think that with hatched pokèmon any combination works because it's impossible to recognise the difference between a RNG hatched pokèmon and a pokèsav one even with an in-depth look.

Btw, I'm trying to pokèsaving pokèmons which should look as if they were obatined using the RNG method. Using the PID/IV generator provided by Smogon I'm able to obtain a legit PID/IV combo but the problems come whit the shiniess. To make the pokèmon shiny I use the "ShinyvisSID" program that I've found here, the pokèmon looks perfectly legit but my SID changes every time I generate a pokèmon. Can the pokèmon still look RNG abused or the fact that the SID is different anytime underlines that the pokèmon is hacked?

Can't for the life of me see why this Dragonite is showing as Hacked....would appreciate some help!

Bad PID - you have IVs 28/25/7/17/2/22 while PID is for 17/2/22/27/19/29 IVs AND it's Ultra-Rare GBA PID, not NDS one.

For your IVs (28/25/7/17/2/22), type 2179938429 PID (Naughty nature, if you want it different play on your own :P)

Now my problem, any idea why legit (obtained from Wonder Card) WCS shiny Eevee is marked as Hacked/Unknown? I've made few other event Pokemons that way and never had the problem.

hi everyone i need some help cus someone trade me an eevee who is supossly an shiny event, but in my legality checker it says hacked or unknow pokemon, i dont remeber my version of the legality checker but, i du recall it is at least 3 months old... thanx by the way

edit--- by trade i mean by exchangind files... not in a pokemon trade xD

Eevee-S-01110-WCS-JPN PKMDB.com.pkm

Eevee-12068-VUIKORE-JAP PKMDB.com.pkm

Eevee-S-01110-WCS-JPN PKMDB.com.pkm

Eevee-12068-VUIKORE-JAP PKMDB.com.pkm

Could someone please check these four Pokemon I made using the Legality Guide? I'm pretty sure three of them are but I'm not so sure about Kyogre. Thanks.

This question has been answered for me in this thread: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?9002-Where-am-I-going-wrong

I used the wrong PID type, works fine when I try a type 1 PID.

This is the new one, can someone please check it to make sure I did it right this time?

kyogre2.pkm

kyogre2.pkm

Hi all, I'm having a problem whereby after importing the Movie Arceus English (EU) .pcd & .pgt files, and managing to recieve the beast from the dude in the Mart, legal .exe is showing it as hacked or unknown after exporting it as a .pkm from my active team. This doesn't really make much sense to me, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Have attached the .pkm, totally untouched since picking it up from the Poke Mart.

arceus.pkm

arceus.pkm

Edited by Arterion

• 3 weeks later...
hi everyone i need some help cus someone trade me an eevee who is supossly an shiny event, but in my legality checker it says hacked or unknow pokemon, i dont remeber my version of the legality checker but, i du recall it is at least 3 months old... thanx by the way

edit--- by trade i mean by exchangind files... not in a pokemon trade xD

Literally the only reason for this is because the legality checker needs to be updated to include it :) So currently all legit versions of these should say hacked or unknwon pokemon, as far as i'm aware.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using Pokésav for about two weeks now without any trouble but I can't seem to get these guys to pop out as anything but hacked in the legality checker. :\ They're both real pokémon but I edited their IVs. Afterwards I generated new Pokemon IDs but it's just not taking for me. I'd appreciated any help, thanks!

Ditto.pkm

Lopunny - Lucy.pkm

Ditto.pkm

Lopunny - Lucy.pkm

My question is about event pokemon. I've received a TON recently whose hometown is Diamond yet 46h = F4 and 47h = 0B. I've received about 30 different ones, and it's starting to freak me out as before i'd immediately say they were hacked, are these just from some hacker who doesn't understand hex values? Cos everything else looks legit.

That's normal.

You ever notice how there's never any events that have Pearl as their region? I'm thinking Diamond is default or something... kind of like HG/SS events saying Heart Gold. I have no clue why it does that, but that's how it goes.

I guess the hex started getting thrown in when Plat came around.