The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

I wanted to give my Eevee from Pokémon XD HP Ice so I could evolve him into Jolteon and have more coverage in my playthrough. The thing is, I cannot just change the Hidden Power through PKHeX, because it becomes illegal, I heard Gen 3 is restrictive with that, and it could be calculated with RNGReporter, but I have no idea how to use that thing. What do I do?

4 minutes ago, Dark_Ansem said:

I'm confused, doesn't PkHex take care of this already?

I don't think PKHeX handles finding PID for Gen 3 (including Colo/XD) and Gen 4. (because for those gens, PID-IV-Gender tied)

If I'm not mistaken, the dev once said there's already existing programs that handles the PID finding process,
and it would be way to much effort to add such a small feature in, when other programs exist that can accomplish said feature.

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

I try to have Polteageist  antique form via pkhex but each time I get the error message: Invalid: enable to match an encounter from origin game. '
I have however tried many meeting places but I can't seem to have this legit pokemon form

Thanks for your help

15 minutes ago, mineiro45 said:

hello,

I try to have Polteageist  antique form via pkhex but each time I get the error message: Invalid: enable to match an encounter from origin game. '
I have however tried many meeting places but I can't seem to have this legit pokemon form

Thanks for your help

Legal* (legit is for unmodified, down to even the save dumping and console itself, but whatevs)

How are we to diagnose why it's not legal, if you don't upload the mon nor show the PKHeX entries?

Anyhow, let's give it a shot:
Is your Polteageist set to be caught in the Wild? It can't be in Antique form if it isn't wild
(i.e bred or caught from Max Raids).
Also, I know that it's likely not PKHeX, cause mine appears legal it in:
image.png

Hello everyone, I have a question about Gen 4 ingame-trade Pokemon, such as the Chatot you can get in DPP or Surge's Pikachu you can get in HGSS.

Will these mons always be the same? Say, if I did the Chatot trade, would that Chatot always have the same PID and such as if I did it on another playthrough? And consequently, would a genned clone thus be unrecognizable from a legitimately repeated trade?

For Gen 8, What is a legal value for 'Fullness' and 'Enjoyment' in the Memory editor on a lvl100 pokemon, will it always be maxed out at 255? What about a fresh-caught pokemon, are both 0? (Assuming you are OT and current owner). I can check most previous gens myself, but not Switch games.

Search function is giving me all sorts of irrelevant stuff when I search the two words fullness and enjoyment. Thanks

6 hours ago, Farfetchd said:

Hello everyone, I have a question about Gen 4 ingame-trade Pokemon, such as the Chatot you can get in DPP or Surge's Pikachu you can get in HGSS.

Will these mons always be the same? Say, if I did the Chatot trade, would that Chatot always have the same PID and such as if I did it on another playthrough? And consequently, would a genned clone thus be unrecognizable from a legitimately repeated trade?

From what I understand: yes, as all relevant values for the PID are predetermined. 

Hi! This might have been answered already but I'm having trouble creating Shiny Eggs in PkHex. Everything works but the moves. I haven't found any configuration that works. Checked on serebii for it's egg moves, etc.

I attached the file. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to put 4 moves? Don't mind the trainer info, ID or SID. I can change that to a good one anytime.

447 ★ - Egg - 8A8A00000000.pk8

1 hour ago, cLXA7X said:

Hi! This might have been answered already but I'm having trouble creating Shiny Eggs in PkHex. Everything works but the moves. I haven't found any configuration that works. Checked on serebii for it's egg moves, etc.

I attached the file. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to put 4 moves? Don't mind the trainer info, ID or SID. I can change that to a good one anytime.

447 ★ - Egg - 8A8A00000000.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

Endure isn't in your current moveset. Remember you can't yet use the Move Deleter on an unhatched egg. Be sure to fix your Encryption Constant too, and remove the checkmarks on the relearnable TRs.

3 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Endure isn't in your current moveset. Remember you can't yet use the Move Deleter on an unhatched egg. Be sure to fix your Encryption Constant too, and remove the checkmarks on the relearnable TRs.

I got rid of endure. Doesn't work either. This is the alert I'm getting.

Anotación 2020-02-05 234029.png

1 minute ago, cLXA7X said:

I got rid of endure. Doesn't work either. This is the alert I'm getting.

Anotación 2020-02-05 234029.png

No, I didn't say get rid of. I said add it to your current moveset. Each Pokemon egg has default moves that it learns upon being hatched, and any egg moves are added to those default moves. Quick Attack and Endure are default moves, and Cross Chop is an egg move. This is what you should be seeing.

Spoiler

7Eu0tcd.png

11 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

No, I didn't say get rid of. I said add it to your current moveset. Each Pokemon egg has default moves that it learns upon being hatched, and any egg moves are added to those default moves. Quick Attack and Endure are default moves, and Cross Chop is an egg move. This is what you should be seeing.

Reveal hidden contents

7Eu0tcd.png

I see. I missunderstood. So now it works perfectly. Thanks. 

So basically, the 2 moves that come up on serebii, let's say on this Grookey, are it's hatched moves. Then I'll add the egg move and it should be ready to go. Right?

3 minutes ago, cLXA7X said:

I see. I missunderstood. So now it works perfectly. Thanks. 

So basically, the 2 moves that come up on serebii, let's say on this Grookey, are it's hatched moves. Then I'll add the egg move and it should be ready to go. Right?

Yep, correct. On Serebii's movesets, any move with a -- in its level column are default moves when it's hatched. They will always be in the relearn movesets unless you have more egg moves on the hatched Pokemon than it has default moves. For example if you want to add 3 egg moves to Grookey, the relearn moveset will not have Scratch (because it was overwritten by the third egg move), but it will have Growl as its first relearn move.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 1:17 PM, Loopy said:

From what I understand: yes, as all relevant values for the PID are predetermined. 

I'm not 100% if natures, IVS etc. are predetermined on every single in-game trade, but so for my purposes: If I play through Heart Gold once and do all the in-game trades, if I did it again on another save those Pokemon could not be clearly sorted to one playthrough over the other (once they've been traded a gen up and latest handler isn't indicative)? (I know it's a bit of a weird question, sorry for that)

Edited by Farfetchd

I'm trying to get a near perfect Eevee starter in pokemon XD but do not know how to go about this properly my main goal is to get perfect Special attack and speed with modest nature but everything I do shows up as illegal in PKHex, trying to use PID generators but I'm new to genning in Generation 3