The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

The download on this website for Mew is incomplete/illegal.

I posted this information to the download itself but will also post the information here.

The following is from PokeBall Plus Mew redeemed YESTERDAY while in the Wild Area:

image.thumb.png.20526e6b7438d0cbe3f130b1a7ce5eab.png

It is flagged as ILLEGAL by PKHeX but when you click no the flag it immediately turns legal. I reviewed the on here on the website for download and noticed a major difference. My legit one has a Meeting Memory while the one on the website is missing a Meeting Memory. This is most likely why the PKHeX database flags my Mew as illegal in the Box view.

I assume this will be the case for ALL injected event Pokemon for Sword and Shield you list in the downloads.

7 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

@J3Xtrom and @theSLAYER

The caught location for Pokemon varies depending upon whether you were the Raid Host or a Raid Guest. If you are a Guest, it has a generic met in a Den location meanwhile if you are the host it will list the specific area of the Wild Area where the Den is located.

I didn’t get the notification, so I guess you didn’t quote/tag me properly. Type “@“ and the rest of our names and it should pop down a drop down with usernames you can click on.

yup, I noticed the Den location thing yesterday. Anyhow thanks for the info :)

Also @Kaphotics for event Pokémon lacking memories.

10 hours ago, AliceTheAlice said:

This is most likely why the PKHeX database flags my Mew as illegal in the Box view.

Likely not the case; the fact that it shows as legal after loading to tabs while still retaining the memory data implies that there's some other data being automatically fixed.

Hold control and right click the box slot, and check the legality there.

• Like 1

Hi, I've been out of the loop for years regarding event Pokemon, but I was looking through my old pkm files from my Gen 4 event collecting days and noticed that my JEREMY Slowpoke comes out as hacked on PKHeX. The thing is that it's deemed as legitimate on the Legal.exe program that I downloaded years ago when Sabresite added the JEREMY check to the program, and I got the Slowpoke from someone who had a whole set of seemingly legitimate JEREMY Pokemon in the first place. I've checked a few of the other JEREMY Pokemon that I have in PKHeX as well and they turned out fine and it's just the Slowpoke that gets marked as hacked, so I'm just wondering if there was a new method to detect hacked JEREMY Pokemon that I missed while on my event hiatus?

Slowpoke_JEREMY_13579_Naive_Female_English_1-16-11_Highly curious_HP 102_.pkm

Edited by Ellie

Slowpoke is one of the missing ones, so the checks are likely simply not there for it. It's possible it could be legal, if it can be verified to be legal then you might have a nice find here.

(although, being a gen 4 format mon, you wouldn't have the gen 3 trash bytes anymore, so it's not ideal.)

Edited by Guest

Long story short, certain PIDs are essentially impossible because JEREMY mons were known to be in-game encounters. 

Factoring encounter route, encounter slots, known natures and IVs, certain donated Slowpoke (even the pk4) would appear to be fake. It also brings into question certain known natures and IV spread. 

Really, any entry has to be checked case by case.

also, we looking for gen 3 entries, since route data is intact.

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone. 

As this is my first edit on SW/SH games I don't have the experience yet and because it's a Ditto not only for me but for some friends also I want someone to check if everything is ok.

Context: I got a Ditto from the Den and one JPN Wobbufet from wonder trade on my main game (clean game & Switch). Then trade them on my second game on a different Switch that have Atmosphere and such. Got them on PKHex and then copied the Wobbufet OT and everything on the Ditto so I make it a JPN one with everything else I want it. then clone it some times for natures and stuff. I have and the clean one Ditto also on the game for anyone to check. 

If someone can check if it's ok. Yes the PKHex says it's ok but I want a second opinion 

main [George (SW) - 2019-12-31 19ː25].bak

On 12/29/2019 at 12:52 AM, Kaphotics said:

Likely not the case; the fact that it shows as legal after loading to tabs while still retaining the memory data implies that there's some other data being automatically fixed.

Hold control and right click the box slot, and check the legality there.

This does not change the fact that the one on the website is clearly illegal. It is clear that once the Mystery Gift is downloaded, Sword & Shield apply meeting memories to a Pokemon which may vary depending upon the individual Gift. The one on the website is missing this resulting in the ones people are injecting ARE illegal even though your flag wrongly flags them as legal.

5 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

Hey. I'm not sure if this requires its own topic or if I can post it here. But a week ago I was finally able to dump my save file using the non-homebrew method. I've been looking through my Pokemon, and the latest version of PKHeX fixed a few issues some of mine had with traded egg memories. But some of my self-caught Pokemon still have issues, and it makes them seem illegal.

On SwSh release, I went to the wild area and I caught a Diggersby in the wild area. It's level 15, the dynamax level tells me it didn't come from a raid, so it must've been a strong spawn or a wild encounter spawn. It's self caught and I never touched it, so I know it's perfectly legit. The problem that PKHeX sees is that its met location is "at West Lake Axewell (in a wild area)." It's marked as invalid because according to encounter tables, that's not where you're supposed to find a Diggersby. You can find a Diggersby in East Lake Axewell, but not West Lake Axewell. But I caught it there, so it can't be invalid. What happened? File is attached.

660 - Diggersby - B644939D606B.pk8 344 B · 0 downloads

About your Diggersby. As Joe Merrick himself told many times on Twitter if you are on some area and with A weather and the go on the nearby area with B weather it can make for a while I think some specific Pokémon to appear there as well. Check the weather locations as you say to see if this what happened. 

If it’s that probably PKHex just needs some legality checks updates that as I’m aware of there needs some.

And that’s why I made my post 

5 minutes ago, Qaaz said:

About your Diggersby. As Joe Merrick himself told many times on Twitter if you are on some area and with A weather and the go on the nearby area with B weather it can make for a while I think some specific Pokémon to appear there as well. Check the weather locations as you say to see if this what happened. 

If it’s that probably PKHex just needs some legality checks updates that as I’m aware of there needs some.

And that’s why I made my post 

Interesting. This answers a different question I had about a Dusclops that my friend caught. He also caught it in West Lake Axewell, but Dusclops can be found in nearby Watchtower Ruins with a few weather patterns.

I did a little more digging on Diggersby and that might not be the case. Apparently Diggersby can be found in West Lake Axewell, it's just not shown on Serebii's overview, only in the details:

Spoiler

TuHekZ0.png

PKHeX isn't picking this up, I guess. I believe this encounter needs to be added.

I recently got a Square Shiny Magikarp through the event, and evolved it into a Gyarados. But when I analyze it in PKHex, it says it's unable to match an encounter from an origin game. That's just a bug, right? I didn't even do anything to it. It's tradable and all that, right?

Official checks don't care what PKHeX says, if you caught it yourself in-game and you didn't edit it, it's legal and you can trade.

That encounter isnt in latest stable because it came out after the update was made. It will be in next update.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

In any games, Umbreon doesn't learn Toxic. That's why.

Gen 2 to 7 Umbreon could learn Toxic with a TM.

20 minutes ago, mineiro45 said:

hello,

hello, i don't understand why toxic is incompatible with umbreon in pkhex: invalid move error.

thanks for your help

I'm going to assume that you are trying to make an Umbreon for a gen 8 save.  In gen 8 Toxic is no longer a TM or TR so it can't learn the move.  If you're wanting a Toxic Umbreon you'll have to wait until February when Pokemon Home comes out to transfer one from a previous gen.