The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

26 minutes ago, Ammako said:

This does not actually reflect any kind of data within your save file. It's complicated, but basically this is only a tool to aid in clearing trash bytes, or applying a Pokémon's name data as trash bytes to the current Pokémon.

Example, say you have a Weedle, this Pokémon's name takes up 7 characters, or 14 bytes, including the terminator bytes. If you select Charmeleon as the species, and English as the language, then press Apply Trash, it'll apply every byte of Charmeleon's name past the 14th byte as trash bytes. In layman's terms, the name would become "WEEDLE/FFFF/EON/FFFF", displayed as "WEEDLE" in-game.

This is relevant, because when a Pokémon evolves after being transferred, if the evolution has a shorter name, then name bytes from the previous evolution remain as trash bytes. This provides an easy way to do this, for someone who wants to mimic this type of behavior in PKHeX, without having to edit every byte manually.

(Also, as for why that is, it's because Japanese is the first and default language in that list.)

Very interesting! I don't even need that, then, but still super cool to know how it works and what it does. Thank you once again! :)

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Masamune3210 said:

Anybody know what has to be changed for a transferred pokemon from another gen to show up as legal in swsh? trading pokemon from oras lists as incorrectly transferred. Im assuming no sice Home hasnt come out yet but still wanted to ask

Don't send up Pokémon when the function is not officially available. Don't risk your save.

Besides, no one knows since it's not officially available.

Figured, just wanted to make sure. Thanks! I keep backups of my saves when I mod them, and I have my prodinfo modified, so i cant actually connect to nintys servers right now anyway

Was just playing around with moving over some of my earlier pokemon so i didnt have to catch them again

Edited by Masamune3210

• 2 weeks later...

Will it be possible to edit Game Start date and time on pokemon LGPE?

cuz i used the pokeball mew dump (pk7 & wondercard record) here at project pokemon with caught date of 16th nov 2018...

but i started my game on dec 5 2018... it seems not legit save if i have mew on nov16 while i strted my game on dec 5...

43 minutes ago, marvinstrife said:

but i already finished the game...

or is there any method to change the date on .wr7 file?

Wr7 doesn’t apply to SWSH (gen 8 )

also so what I was saying was that one can change their Switch date while playing the game. You can argue that you started your gameplay on a nonsensical Switch date. People do all kinds of things like this all the time.

anyhow, if you wanna edit the Mew received date, wait for wr8 dumping and injecting to be implemented.

Hello,

thank you for your response. Actually I had to shorten the OT name, but never mind.
Do you know where I can find dracovish with hidden abilitie sand rush because pkhex tells me: invalid hidden abilitie missmatch for encounter type

Thank you for your help

I just saw that the hidden abilitie sand rush is not available at the moment

Edited by mineiro45
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, edgyusername98 said:

I'm getting the error Invalid: Incorrectly transferred from previous generation. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You can't. There's no official way to transfer Pokemon from previous generations until Pokemon Home is released sometime next year. So anything from previous generations is illegal currently.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I've been having some problems with my Cursola in pkhex. The only error I'm getting is that the "Hidden Ability isn't released", but Serebii says its available, and I've seen people trading HA corsolas on on places like Reddit. Could someone check out my file and see if there is something else wrong with it? Maybe its some other setting that would make the HA unavailable, but I'm really not sure. 

Thank you.

Cursola.pk8

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@J3Xtrom Your Cursola looks like it's met in the wild (presumably as a Corsola). Only Cursola (evolved from) bred or caught in Max Raids can have HA.

Thanks a bunch. I just changed it to a hatched mon instead and that passed the check.

For future reference is there a way of telling pkhex that it was a max raid encounter? I tried messing with the locations and levels of where you'd be able to find cursola raids and it kept telling me there was no encounter that matched. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious lol. 

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Location, caught level, dynamax level, IVs, to name a few that I could think of off the top of my head.

Ahh, I totally forgot about the guaranteed IVs and didn't even think of dynamax level. Got one to pass the check by tweaking those. Thanks a ton.

• Like 1