The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

I recently downloaded the new shiny lele from the events tab and I've immediately found that it is stating that the information hasn't been contributed for the mystery gift on pkhex. How do I manually add the new gift into the database? I'm not sure if others are seeing that lele is showing up flagged. 

11 minutes ago, asacado said:

I recently downloaded the new shiny lele from the events tab and I've immediately found that it is stating that the information hasn't been contributed for the mystery gift on pkhex. How do I manually add the new gift into the database? I'm not sure if others are seeing that lele is showing up flagged. 

It's a common issue. either add the wonder card to the mgdb folder, or wait for PKHeX to update it.

(to add it to mgdb folder, follow this quote)

On 7/12/2017 at 10:27 AM, JISN[064] said:

About "illegal" Marshadow.

Make a folder in the same directory where PKHeX.exe is, named "mgdb"

inside mgdb copy/paste the *.wcX files

PKHeX doesn't auto-update. The legality of wonder cards for PKHeX is up to the latest card upon the update's release.
The card came out after the latest update. :)

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

It's a common issue. either add the wonder card to the mgdb folder, or wait for PKHeX to update it.

(to add it to mgdb folder, follow this quote)

PKHeX doesn't auto-update. The legality of wonder cards for PKHeX is up to the latest card upon the update's release.
The card came out after the latest update. :)

Thanks, I forgot to even make that folder.

• Like 1

Hrm, I didn't consider the possibility that I might be able to re-rng abuse the Raichu. (Which is stupid since I thought of doing that for Umbreon lol) I really don't like editing Pokemon; so I was really desperate when I did it. His name was the only thing I changed, so I'm not sure if I have to go so far as reobtaining him? Unfortunately, my Sapphire was another victim of my sister so I don't have that save anymore, but I -think- I can always use a LUA script + RNG abuse for the TID/SID again on emu if I really needed too. My RNG knowledge is pretty limited with Gen 3, but I think you can do wild abuse on the emu too since it's treated like a dead battery. The things I do for these pokemon I swear...

I have absolutely no knowledge of trash bytes (and no idea where to even start learning about them, but I'm not opposed to learning.) Would sending up a Raichu from Sapphire (or Gen 3) to Gen 5 with the desired nickname, and copying and pasting the name in pkhex be enough to fix any possible problems? Otherwise, I might take you up on the Colosseum fix since that is something I could have done in the past. I'll have to think over how much I hate myself to replay sapphire and learn how to RNG on there vs just trying to edit the problem more. 

I think as long as Umbreon is okay, I can live without Espeon. I really bonded to the Umbreon, and I was really upset that it might have been an unintentional victim of whatever I was doing on Ruby. As long as I don't need to re-rng him, I don't think I need Espeon's PID at least. I have no memory of editing it, and was pretty alarmed it was flagged. Not sure if it's just logic changes in pkhex or just an under the hood fix by PKHeX, but he looks fine in most of my backup saves besides some weird ones where the location data is missing. (No idea why it's only on some backups and not all of them either) I'll have to think over what I want to do with Raichu some more though.

• 2 months later...

I don't know where else to put this, but I found that pkhex thinks sucker punch is an illegal move on shiftry as of the 20190311 update. It can learn it from a move tutor in PtHGSS, and yes I set all the proper fields to make it from PtHGSS

Edited by SkyOc1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there! A few simple questions, when is necessary to reroll using pkhex:

- In wich cases is necessary to recalculate a pokemon PID since you use an original pokemon template? I mean, what attributes can u modify without recalculating it? For example when I edit my original solgaleo IVS to 31, pkhex stills says that he is legal.

- Does the reroll button por PID match the changes u have made to this pokemon to make him still being "legal" ?

Thanks in advance

10 hours ago, Judgemont said:

Hey there! A few simple questions, when is necessary to reroll using pkhex:

- In wich cases is necessary to recalculate a pokemon PID since you use an original pokemon template? I mean, what attributes can u modify without recalculating it? For example when I edit my original solgaleo IVS to 31, pkhex stills says that he is legal.

- Does the reroll button por PID match the changes u have made to this pokemon to make him still being "legal" ?

Thanks in advance

Rolling the PID and EC ensures you won't get banned on PGL for save editing.

Getting the following error when trying to gen myself a Clefairy in my FireRed save (also got the error trying to gen Nidorina, Nidorino, and Jigglypuff... wonder if them being stone evolutions plays a part).

I am using RNG Reporter to find the right PID, nature and stats so I shouldn't be getting the PID mismatch error, correct?

error.png

1 hour ago, misserikeh said:

Getting the following error when trying to gen myself a Clefairy in my FireRed save (also got the error trying to gen Nidorina, Nidorino, and Jigglypuff... wonder if them being stone evolutions plays a part).

I am using RNG Reporter to find the right PID, nature and stats so I shouldn't be getting the PID mismatch error, correct?

error.png

Did you choose the correct encounter slots while doing the RNG?

On 4/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, theSLAYER said:

In the mean time, upload one of the Pokémon, and show us the screenshot for the RNG reporter details for that PID. Will see if can recreate the issue.

I actually figured it out! I was using the recommended moveset PkHeX was providing, which was giving me egg moves (specifcally, Charm) so the legality check was expecting a hatched 'mon, not a wild caught one.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:25 PM, SkyOc1 said:

I don't know where else to put this, but I found that pkhex thinks sucker punch is an illegal move on shiftry as of the 20190311 update. It can learn it from a move tutor in PtHGSS, and yes I set all the proper fields to make it from PtHGSS

Does this Shiftry also have Leaf Blade by any chance? The only way it can get Leaf Blade is if it's still at Nuzleaf stage at the time it gets sent forward to ORAS or later (like a lot of stone evolutions, its level-up movelist is extremely barren afterwards). Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is only available if it's all the way at Shiftry stage before it leaves the confines of G4 (previous evolutions aren't compatible with that move tutor), and there's no way to time its evolution and/or transfer such that the two moves can coexist.

Edited by SadisticMystic

2 hours ago, SadisticMystic said:

Does this Shiftry also have Leaf Blade by any chance? The only way it can get Leaf Blade is if it's still at Nuzleaf stage at the time it gets sent forward to ORAS or later (like a lot of stone evolutions, its level-up movelist is extremely barren afterwards). Meanwhile, Sucker Punch is only available if it's all the way at Shiftry stage before it leaves the confines of G4 (previous evolutions aren't compatible with that move tutor), and there's no way to time its evolution and/or transfer such that the two moves can coexist.

They probably left the met level at 1 or something (lower than Seedot->Nuzleaf requirement). Gen4->Gen5 updates the met level value, which indicates it was level 1 when reaching Gen5. Thus it was never Nuzleaf/Shiftry in Gen4, thus can't obtain the move via that method.

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me~ Could anyone answer me about following minor questions...

In G5 BW2 , the extra bytes 0X87 determine the "star animation" when sent Pokemon go out  , if this bytes = 255 , the star will be biggest...

So...if I transfer a Pokemon with 0X87=255 via Bank to G6 , is this bytes will be deleted by transporter ? 🤔 or just G6 even G7 didn't use this bytes ? 

As I know the same thing in HGSS shiny leaves when transfer into G5 , the extra bytes will be deleted...

One more thing want to ask ... the extra bytes 0X42 in all G5 , determine hidden ability in 0X42=1 , but G6 G7 seems unused this bytes? because can't found in Pkhex , just want to know which determines hidden ability in G6 even G7...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Im having some troubles with a Pokémon. Im trying to create a shiny Aerodactyl from Crystal in UltraSun. I got it by trade and then by hatching eggs. I set these options:

- Origin Game: Crystal
- Met Location: the Johto region
- Ball: Poké Ball
- Met Level: 5
- Met Date: 01/01/2019
- Fateful Encounter: NO
- As Egg: NO

I get this error: Static Encounter shiny mismatch. Any tip or Im forgeting anything? Thanks

13 minutes ago, CarpioKey said:

Hi! Im having some troubles with a Pokémon. Im trying to create a shiny Aerodactyl from Crystal in UltraSun. I got it by trade and then by hatching eggs. I set these options:

- Origin Game: Crystal
- Met Location: the Johto region
- Ball: Poké Ball
- Met Level: 5
- Met Date: 01/01/2019
- Fateful Encounter: NO
- As Egg: NO

I get this error: Static Encounter shiny mismatch. Any tip or Im forgeting anything? Thanks

Maybe you forgot to set at least 3 IVs to 31, or maybe it has egg moves by mistake, or maybe you didn't give it it's HA, who knows based on what you posted?

In any case, don't create anything from scratch, it's easier to modify from a base.

I've got all shiny Pokémon here, split by games. Use the Gen 2's Aerodactyl, drag the file into your Ultra Sun, then modify it.

11 minutes ago, CarpioKey said:

No idea what's wrong with it, PKHeX seem to be not like it.
In any case, follow my previous post's advise, and make one by editing an existing Gen 2 Aerodactyl.

Making it Male solved the problem, which is odd.

@Kaphotics Is PKHeX mistaking the female one for the traded one or something?

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics Is PKHeX mistaking the female one for the traded one or something?

Nope!

http://noseclub.bluwiikoon.art/gscshinyeggs.shtml

Interestingly enough, DVs in G/S/C also determines a Pokémon's gender, if it is indeed capable of being either male or female. This matters because female members of the Eevee, starter, fossil, Snorlax and Togepi species can only ever have an attack DV of 0 or 1, meaning that it is unfortunately impossible to hatch a shiny female of them in G/S/C.

image.png

Keep in mind that they can be shiny if they were transferred before GSC VC were released, since they didn't originally use the same DV->Gender/Shiny determination as Gen2.

• Like 1