The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

18 minutes ago, capt forest said:

@theSLAYER

Will you help me with a Latios?

I am trying to get it to have perfect SpA and Speed with a modest nature. How do i generate it from scratch in pkhex?

@BloodBird maybe you can help if you know how

image.png.5ddf35187fe34cd5804f561bb2254b4a.png

image.thumb.png.6b1f0959e7f718d6a3b0d9ce5b7f2c75.png

Not possible. In Gen III, all roaming Pokemon have an IV glitch, making the remainder IVs crappy as heck.

(same scenario as the legendary beasts problem we went through last time)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capt forest said:

Cant you get one from the eon ticket? That would be able to be edited?

In that case, wrong origin game. 

Latios roams Ruby. (Or Emerald, based on chosen option)

if you want the southern island Latios, met game is Sapphire/Emerald. Make sure you set it to the correct level and location too.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, LegalWrights said:

I'm losing my damn mind. Clefable, originating from Leaf Green so as to learn Soft-Boiled.

I've tried every mixture of names under the sun. From John to Jebediah. I keep getting this. lmao

Screenshot (323).png

It looks like you're creating a Clefable from scratch.

consider editing an existing Clefable from Gen 3. (there's one in the Gen 3 save file in this link)
(that's the best advice I can give for now; can't help you if you don't upload the file)

12 hours ago, LegalWrights said:

I'm losing my damn mind. Clefable, originating from Leaf Green so as to learn Soft-Boiled.

I've tried every mixture of names under the sun. From John to Jebediah. I keep getting this. lmao

Screenshot (323).png

Click the latest (not OT) box so that the green highlight is no longer the OT.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Invalid: Incorrectly Transferred from Previous Generation.

Where is it pulling the data from? I've transferred lots of Pokemon forward from SUMO and USUM, and it seems like some Pokemon have this error and others don't. I've tried comparing them side by side and don't see a difference.

What should I be looking for in order to fix their legality?

• 1 month later...

182 DPPtHGSS - Oblivia Deoxys (Attack) (ENG).wc4

and

053 HGSS - Anniversary Mew (ENG).wc4

Are those two mystery gifts (wonder-cards) from GitHub legal for the European English cart version of HeartGold?

Sometimes there are different versions for the UK cart. example: 009 DP - Movie Darkrai (UK) (ENG).wc4 and 010 DP - Movie Darkrai (ENG).wc4

thanks in advance 

3 hours ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

and

Are those two mystery gifts (wonder-cards) from GitHub legal for the European English cart version of HeartGold?

Sometimes there are different versions for the UK cart. example: 009 DP - Movie Darkrai (UK) (ENG).wc4 and 010 DP - Movie Darkrai (ENG).wc4

thanks in advance 

They’re legal.

Pretty sure that: 
Anniversay Mew was extracted from ongoing WiFi gift (at the time) that didn’t have such a difference,
And the Deoxys was distributed by a Ranger game, so once again no such difference.

In any case, the reason you listed for the differences in those 2 wonder cards would be “region”, but that’s not exactly it; the answer is “release dates”.

Those Darkrai have different Trainer ID, because event staff typically like to the make Trainer IDs coincide with the beginning of the event. Thus they are differences because those regions have different release dates (maybe movie licensing gotten the movie at different time for different countries?)

In any case, linking it back to your question: that Mew was released worldwide (except Japan and Korea), so I doubt think such an issue exist for the English one.

as for Deoxys, it’s from a Ranger cart, so it’s also technically “released Worldwide except J/K”, so no such issue too.

1 hour ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/701-movie-2013-mewtwo/ 

This event is posted as an English event. After injecting in to an English Black save and obtaining it with the deliveryman, PkHeX report it as illegal.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

I'm under the impression it's because it's flagged as Japanese, yet it's name is in English.

image.png

Both are the exact same Mewtwo, except one has it's name in English, and other in Japanese.
(Obviously, the Legal one is the Japanese one; Both were flagged received as JPN btw)

Additionally, I just created another Mewtwo, with it's Nickname in English, and also flagged as received in English.
It appears legal.

TLDR; the error you're entering is because you mismatched the language byte and nickname. Working as intended.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm under the impression it's because it's flagged as Japanese, yet it's name is in English.

image.png

Both are the exact same Mewtwo, except one has it's name in English, and other in Japanese.
(Obviously, the Legal one is the Japanese one; Both were flagged received as JPN btw)

Additionally, I just created another Mewtwo, with it's Nickname in English, and also flagged as received in English.
It appears legal.

TLDR; the error you're entering is because you mismatched the language byte and nickname. Working as intended.

I have not modified the wondecard, I just injected it with PkHeX. So the wondercard file has the wrong language code. Maybe someone can change this? So noone has the same issues as I have?

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

I have a question regarding PKHeX and .pgt and .pcd files.

Does I need to inject both files to generate legal Pokemon? I have also seen that in the met tap in PKHeX, the FALL2010 Mew is set to HeartGold but I recived it with SoulSilver?

I think only is enough.

Also the Met tab is preset on the wonder card, so all is good.

Kind of a random question, but curious: For a Pokemon generated in Generation 6 or 7, is there any RNG-related correlation between its PID and Encryption Constant (EC)? Or can any Pokemon have any of the infinite combinations of PID, EC, and IVs?

Example: If I received three Pokebank Event Hidden Ability Incineroars (A, B, and C), then took the PID of Incineroar A and the EC of Incineroar B and edited Incineroar C to have those respective PID and EC (of A and B), whilst retaining its IV's; would Incineroar C still be considered "legal" (i.e. could it still have been generated naturally through the game's RNG with this combination)?

1 hour ago, CharizardOutrage2 said:

Alright is there any repository except ProjectPokemon Github and this sites event gallery for wondercards? I did some Gen5 wondercards injecting wiht PKHeX with Black and White2  and they appeared to be change to the right version. Don't know why this does not apply to GenIV, maybe due to the other format they used

I don't think PKHex uses Gen 4 wondercard, only the mystery gift portion, which does not have game origin information.

As for other sources, not to my knowledge, at least none with data that I don't have. Let me know if you find anything.

1 hour ago, english09 said:

Kind of a random question, but curious: For a Pokemon generated in Generation 6 or 7, is there any RNG-related correlation between its PID and Encryption Constant (EC)? Or can any Pokemon have any of the infinite combinations of PID, EC, and IVs?

Example: If I received three Pokebank Event Hidden Ability Incineroars (A, B, and C), then took the PID of Incineroar A and the EC of Incineroar B and edited Incineroar C to have those respective PID and EC (of A and B), whilst retaining its IV's; would Incineroar C still be considered "legal" (i.e. could it still have been generated naturally through the game's RNG with this combination)?

No correlation that can be determined by those values alone. The rng is 128bits, of which 32bits are returned. Even with sequential calls to the rng, there is too much missing data. There always will be.

20 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

I don't think PKHex uses Gen 4 wondercard, only the mystery gift portion, which does not have game origin information.

As for other sources, not to my knowledge, at least none with data that I don't have. Let me know if you find anything.

Okay i tried injecting it with PokeGen and I got the same results: wondercard does not match the game version. So is there any app I can use that the injected wondercard matches the version? Can I change the wondercard to match the game version?

Edited by CharizardOutrage2