The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

I created a level 8 Reshiram (hatched, following the directions in the Gen V creation thread) in Pokegen for a GTS trade, but the GTS is telling me "This Pokemon may not be offered for trade" (error 13267). Can anyone tell me what exactly I did wrong?

I know the error also applies to the name filter, but I don't see anything in "Reshiram" that would trigger it...

It's because it is hacked. Don't be a dick and don't trade hacks on the GTS.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could someone tell me if my Squirtle is legal for Platinum? I'm trying to make a Squirtle that looks like it was hatched from an egg in HeartGold and then traded to Platinum. The reason I want it to look like it came from HG is because I want it to have the move Water Spout, and Squirtle can only learn Water Spout from HG/SS through Breeding.

Squirtle..pkm

Squirtle..pkm

eggs hatch at level 5 in gen 4.

Really? I could have sworn they started at level 1 in Gen 4. It's been a year or so since I played Platinum though, so obviously I forgot that. Did everything else look okay?

Yeah, I actually did a test with a couple Raticates I had on my HG game. They made an Egg and it hatched at level 1. Also, I had forgotten that you could use PokeCheck to check and see if your Pokemon are legal/valid. I uploaded my Squirtle to PokeCheck to see how it looked. Everything looks okay except for one thing. It says it has a valid hatch location, but it says it has an invalid encounter level. Here's what it says word for word: "Received as egg but has invalid encounter level." If you're making a Pokemon look like it hatched from an Egg, wouldn't the Met/Encounter Level be set at Level 1?

• 2 months later...

I've narrowed down the errors to 2 things PID and trash bytes. I keep reading that I need to leave the PID field blank when using Pokegen and it will do it automatically, but it's not working. I've also tried no nickname, nickname checked, and manually entering the \FFFF\0000\FFFFF stuff and neither worked. Can anyone explain what I'm missing/overlooking?

Thanks

Snorlax..pkm

LucarioA..pkm

Gengar..pkm

Blaziken..pkm

Espeon..pkm

Dragonite..pkm

Heracross..pkm

Alakazam..pkm

Aerodactyl..pkm

LucarioM..pkm

Snorlax..pkm

LucarioA..pkm

Gengar..pkm

Blaziken..pkm

Espeon..pkm

Dragonite..pkm

Heracross..pkm

Alakazam..pkm

Aerodactyl..pkm

LucarioM..pkm

• 2 months later...
Simple question here: In Gen IV, if I obtain an egg from blatantly illegal parents (invalid PID/IV combos etc.), will the baby have any trace of illegality?

What about in Gen V?

The egg will be perfectly legitimate. However, using hacked parents is generally frowned upon.

yeah i know, but the thing is, that i cheated the shinyness of this pokemon, and it tell me that its legal. I cheated with the pokemon marking code. And im scared now that it is so easy to make a legal pokemon with cheats. I hoped that you can see trough the PID that it isnt legit...

I want to trade with some guys and i think that they are use the marking codes(they tell not,but they have cheated often on pokemon), but this pokemons i dont want, and i wanted to check them with the checker, but if they shown as legit, its a bit bad, so i wanted to know if you can see trough the PID that Codes are used on this pokemon.

yeah i know, but the thing is, that i cheated the shinyness of this pokemon, and it tell me that its legal. I cheated with the pokemon marking code. And im scared now that it is so easy to make a legal pokemon with cheats. I hoped that you can see trough the PID that it isnt legit...

I want to trade with some guys and i think that they are use the marking codes(they tell not,but they have cheated often on pokemon), but this pokemons i dont want, and i wanted to check them with the checker, but if they shown as legit, its a bit bad, so i wanted to know if you can see trough the PID that Codes are used on this pokemon.

If you want a legit Pokemon, catch it/hatch it/attend the event yourself. There is no way to verify "legitness", only the legality.

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this still being new here. But I'm having trouble with my Wondercard Genesect.

9666d54e81ff901cc50e981052e97fb7.png?1351825557

The print screen is in the spoiler. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about the ability. It's ability is correct, Download. But for some reason shows up as invalid. If this isn't the correct place for this, staff and regular users can you point me to where I need to go. x.x

Where do I go to ask for help regarding legitimacy problems? I uploaded a generated Pokemon on Pokecheck to check its legitimacy but there are one or two things I just need help on. Apparently posted in the wrong forum the first time so just wanna make sure I get it right.

Pokecheck is not for fixing generated pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow Pokémon Trainers !

I just started to learn how to edit pokésavs. For the moment I'm trying to edit a savefile from pokemon Platinum by using pokesav.

I'm trying to make some "legal" pokemon now. I use the latest version of legality checker.

I registered today because I have some doubts about one of my projects.

I am trying to make a legal squirtle, but as you all know, this pokemon can only be found in Platinum if it has been migrated from LeafGreen and FireRed.

So my idea is to make it look like I received the squirtle from a traded unhatched egg from another GEN IV game where it has been migrated to.

So that is why I have chosen for "hometown" = Kanto (Fire Red), and "for egg hatched at" = Link trade (met).

I checked if my pokemon was valid via the legality checker, and no problems came up. So I just want to know if I have chosen the right region for this pokemon, and if my locations are logical.

Secondly, I have some general questions about the legality of inserting wondercards and mystery gift event pokemon in my savefile with the help of the mystery gift editor.

- I suppose event pokemon obtained via this way are considered only legal, and not legit?

- To make them legal, do I need to change the dates I obtained these pokemon through mystery gift, because these events have already ended?

Thank you in advance !

Thank you for your answer, but you misunderstood me, Delta Blast Burn.

As I said, my idea is that I make it look like I traded an egg from another platinum game. Before my hypothesis of this trade, a squirtle would have been migrated from Fire Red to that other platinum game and this squirtle would then have bred in that game, so a squirtle-egg could be traded to me. So what I want to know is if this newly bred squirtle-egg is still from another region, so I have to choose for "hometown" = Kanto (Fire Red), or can it be Sinnoh (Platinum) if this egg has been bred in that region.