The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

Ok...I apologize in advance for what may come off as a sarcastic tone, but I've been trying for a few days to figure this out, and dear God I hope I'm posting this in the right place >.<

So I have this crazy notion that I want a complete Pokedex, and I want to work for it just enough to level all the pokemon up myself, but not nearly enough to actually play all the games through to get them (because let's just face it, if you've played one Pokemon game you've played them all) I'm completely new to this, but I've basically got how to work Pokegen figured out, and can make non event normal and dream world pokemon wi-fi legal. However, I can't get the event pokemon to work in my game.

I am using a retail version of Black, I also have a retail version of Platinum and Soul Silver which I borrowed from a friend. I am currently using pokegen and ir-gts to transfer the pokemon into the repective games. I have found the various event pokemon downloads on this site, however when I try to place them in my game they come out as the mighty event pokemon ??????? of OT ??????? and a complementary large neon sign that says "I WAS HACKED". I have tried to just manually change the name in Pokegen to something a bit more....legit looking, such as 10 ANNIV or whatever the internet tells me is suppose to go there. However when I do this, and put them through my 4th gen legality checker, it makes them come out as hacked....so I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do or what I'm doing wrong : /.

I know some event Pokemon, such as Darkrai, are not allowed on Nintendo Wi-Fi, but some event Pokemon are, and I'd like for my hacked Pokemon to be Wi-Fi legal. As for the ones not allowed on Wi-Fi, I'd at least like to be able to look through my Pokemon without thinking "Look at you, Hackrai, you're not even trying to look legal!".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just created this DW ability Gligar to look like it's hatched in my Black version (for breeding purposes), TID/SID/OT are all correct, I'm pretty sure it's a valid PID. My problem is, when I run it through Legality Checker, the Home Town field just says (none), regardless of the field set in PokeGen. I tried it with the home game set to Black and to none, with the exact same result. Is this normal, or is there something I missed? Should I just not bother, since I won't be using it online anyway?

gligar..pkm

gligar..pkm

Edited by saphiren
just noticed the pkm is messed up, uploaded the one I was having trouble with

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I created a level 8 Reshiram (hatched, following the directions in the Gen V creation thread) in Pokegen for a GTS trade, but the GTS is telling me "This Pokemon may not be offered for trade" (error 13267). Can anyone tell me what exactly I did wrong?

I know the error also applies to the name filter, but I don't see anything in "Reshiram" that would trigger it...

Reshiram..pkm

Reshiram..pkm