The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

Hi, I'm trying to get my head around legality, and I was wondering if someone could check this Garchomp? I'm a little confused about the Hometown bit of the Pokesav. Do you set it to the game the species is native to? I also don't really understand the IDs. If you click INPUT OWN ID and INPUT OWN OT will that then be safe?

I'm using the v0.06 Pokesav for B/W by the way.

Incorrect Party PKM size. It's 220B instead of 236B. PokeSav won't be fixed, so you'll have incorrect PKMs to begin with :P

If you shifted it, it'll crash legal because it's not a 4th gen pkm!

Would anyone please check out my Palkia. It is coming up as hacked/unkknown in legality checker, but I caught this pokemon

legally.

Thank you for your time.

Update - Thanks again kaphotics!

Palkia.pkm

Palkia.pkm

Edited by Dice
To thank kaphotics

Would anyone please check out my Palkia. It is coming up as hacked/unkknown in legality checker, but I caught this pokemon

legally.

Thank you for your time.

You didn't catch it legally, that's for sure. It doesn't have an IVPID correlation, so you tampered with the pkm/game at some point. Use PokeGen's first PID method.

Hi. So, i've been reading around for a while for Gen 5 legit pokes, and i dont know what to do to make these ones enter the random wifi matchup.

First i set them as pokeshifted, but didnt work, so i tought making them eggs would pass them as legal. And i just dont know how to fix them anymore. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong with them and how to dix it?

ty.pkm

gar.pkm

ty.pkm

gar.pkm

I seem to be having some problems with 5 gen Pokemon as well. I bred a few that I wanted to use, then popped them in pokesav to give them EV's, moves, and items. Those are the only three things I edited. After editing the newly hatched lvl 1 Pokemon I leveled them all up with rare candies in game.

Out of the 5 Pokemon I edited 2 do not pass the checks at the GTS. I simply cannot figure out why since each Pokemon was treated the same, they all have legit movesets as well. If anyone could provide some insight into what I did wrong or how I fix it I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Taking my Haxorus to the Name Rater fixed that problem. The same solution did not work for my Cofagrigus though. I checked if the PID (that the game made) matched the gender and ability just in case, they do. What could possibly be wrong with it?

cofagrigus.pkm

cofagrigus.pkm

Edited by kickhopper

Hi =D I have a problem, I migrated six pokemons from my pokemon emerald (EU, Spanish) to my Pokemon Platinum (EU, Spanish). When I checked them the program said Invalid Trash Bytes. Then I used Trash Bytes Normalizer , and the program crashed. The few times it worked, the Legality Checker said that they where from uk/us/as pal park =/ Why is this happening??

Sorry for my bad english =(

Kyogre.pkm

Groudon.pkm

Plusle.pkm

Blaziken.pkm

Kyogre.pkm

Groudon.pkm

Plusle.pkm

Blaziken.pkm

Hi. So, i've been reading around for a while for Gen 5 legit pokes, and i dont know what to do to make these ones enter the random wifi matchup.

First i set them as pokeshifted, but didnt work, so i tought making them eggs would pass them as legal. And i just dont know how to fix them anymore. Can anyone help me find out whats wrong with them and how to dix it?

Here are you're new PKM files. I got online with them just fine. Just load them into your box and they should go in perfectly. Good luck.

I seem to be having some problems with 5 gen Pokemon as well. I bred a few that I wanted to use, then popped them in pokesav to give them EV's, moves, and items. Those are the only three things I edited. After editing the newly hatched lvl 1 Pokemon I leveled them all up with rare candies in game.

Out of the 5 Pokemon I edited 2 do not pass the checks at the GTS. I simply cannot figure out why since each Pokemon was treated the same, they all have legit movesets as well. If anyone could provide some insight into what I did wrong or how I fix it I would appreciate it.

EDIT: Taking my Haxorus to the Name Rater fixed that problem. The same solution did not work for my Cofagrigus though. I checked if the PID (that the game made) matched the gender and ability just in case, they do. What could possibly be wrong with it?

Your legit Cofagrigus is attached. I got online with it just fine. Just load it into your box and go. From the Nickname box it seemed that you wanted it to be named "Desukanus". Hope I guessed right.

gar.pkm

ty.pkm

cofagrigus.pkm

gar.pkm

ty.pkm

cofagrigus.pkm

I have been trying and trying to make a legit team on pokesav that allows me to use the random matchup system. I can get past the save point, but I get that stupid "problem with your pokemon" alert.

Attached the .pkm files, would appreciate some help. And could you inform me what you did to them, so I have an idea for future reference?

Note: these all passed the legality checker when I tried it.

1.pkm

4.pkm

2.pkm

5.pkm

3.pkm

6.pkm

1.pkm

4.pkm

2.pkm

5.pkm

3.pkm

6.pkm

I have been trying and trying to make a legit team on pokesav that allows me to use the random matchup system. I can get past the save point, but I get that stupid "problem with your pokemon" alert.

Attached the .pkm files, would appreciate some help. And could you inform me what you did to them, so I have an idea for future reference?

Note: these all passed the legality checker when I tried it.

Here you go. Tested and working on Pokemon White.

What you did incorrectly:

All Pokemon had an incorrect location. In order to legitimately obtain these Pokemon they must go through PokeTransfer because they were from a previous Generation.

Gorebyss had an illegitimate origin & moveset. (Two move spots are now blank so that you may correctly set them yourself. Use Serebii for reference.)

Lucario was using Ability 2 but his PID was set to use Ability 1.

Hope this helps.

So, I decided to test out a team on wifi battles, but 4 of them would not go passed the checker for the battle. I am sorry if it is something painfully obvious, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could take a look at these guys. I'm not very good at this at all :/

Thanks

Here you go. Testing and working on Pokemon White.

All of your Pokemon needed to be egg Pokemon in order to match their moveset so they had to be hatched in a Poke Ball at Level 5. Your Ferrothorn had a move which it couldn't learn so I left a slot blank for you to fill (use Serebii as a reference). Each Pokemon had a PID issue and needed to be regenerated. Some PID's were set to use Ability 1 but the Pokemon was using Ability 2 or vice versa thus the PID had to reset.

jk102393.zip

Polirage.zip

jk102393.zip

Polirage.zip

All of your Pokemon needed to be egg Pokemon in order to match their moveset so they had to be hatched in a Poke Ball at Level 5. Your Ferrothorn had a move which it couldn't learn so I left a slot blank for you to fill (use Serebii as a reference). Each Pokemon had a PID issue and needed to be regenerated. Some PID's were set to use Ability 1 but the Pokemon was using Ability 2 or vice versa thus the PID had to reset.

Thanks so much for your help. All of them appear to be working except for ferrothorn. Whenever I load up the pkm in pokesav, it is loading my hydreigon.

*EDIT*

Well thanks to your help, I managed to edit the old ferrothorn and make him legal. Thanks again :D

Edited by jk102393
Solved problem

Thanks so much for your help. All of them appear to be working except for ferrothorn. Whenever I load up the pkm in pokesav, it is loading my hydreigon.

*EDIT*

Well thanks to your help, I managed to edit the old ferrothorn and make him legal. Thanks again :D

Oh snap, my bad. I hate when the save the PKM file wrong. Glad you got it working without my help however :D

*Double-checks Polirage's Pokemon....* Alright we're good.

Hey guys, I've been lurking all day and I've read up a ton on attempting to pass legal checker. Currently I've made 6 pokemon on my flashcart that once i get them to be legal, I'm trading them over to my actual cartridge, my method of checking if theyre legal is getting 2 random legit pokemon, and 1 pokemon that i created, and testing them via random wifi. I got my Excadrill, Tyranitar, and Garchomp to pass the checker, but for the life of me I don't know why my Breloom/Latios/Gengar are failing. If you guys could help me by pointing out what I derped on thatd be great. Keep in mind that I'm new at this and have only been lurking.

firstteam.pkm

firstteam.pkm

I need help too =( i dont know whats wrong iv tried like 10 times already first i attempted putting them in box 5 then adding to my party and it did notlet me go into random wifi . then i changing my Magic Bounce Espeon to a regular one with synchronize and nothing. can someone help me? =(

Here are your new Pokemon. Some had a location mix up, others had a PID ability mismatch.

Neojak.zip

Neojak.zip

Here you go. Tested and working on Pokemon White.

What you did incorrectly:

All Pokemon had an incorrect location. In order to legitimately obtain these Pokemon they must go through PokeTransfer because they were from a previous Generation.

Gorebyss had an illegitimate origin & moveset. (Two move spots are now blank so that you may correctly set them yourself. Use Serebii for reference.)

Lucario was using Ability 2 but his PID was set to use Ability 1.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help, they work perfectly