Battle Frontier Platinum: Discussion/Progress

Darach_Chiaki

But then you aren't doing it in any legit way.

The best cheat to use is No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold.

Don't forget Choice Scarf :P (it's not really going to do anything against Quick Claw Guillotine Pokemon anyways)

But there are some Pokemon with Sturdy so it probably won't work?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got well into the 130s in Diamond on Single, and then in the 50s on everything else except Link Battles (never did it) and Wi-Fi battles (15 in a row is my record; and went as high as rank 5).

Wow! i hope that I could reach that also. i'm really not sure if my current team is capable of that. But seeing that someone could reach that streak gives encouragement for me to try & try :)

• 2 weeks later...

since Latios is not banned in Battle Tower, I am now planning to replace Flygon with a Latios @ Soul Dew and see what it can do.

For now, my current Battle Tower team:

Garchomp@Choice Band (lead)

Jolly, Sand Veil

4HP / 252Atk / 252 Spe

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

Scizor@Life Orb

Adamant, Technician

32HP / 252Atk / 224Spe

- Bullet Punch

- X-Scissor

- Superpower

- Swords Dance

Latios@Soul Dew

Timid, Levitate

6HP / 252SpA / 252Spe

- Dragon Pulse

- Grass Knot

- Surf

- Thunderbolt

Aqua Tail + Earthquake = redundant. Replace Aqua Tail with something like Fire Blast. I know, FB doesn't benefit from Choice Band, but it still helps against Skarmory and Bronzong. With your Scizor set, I'd go using U-turn instead of X-Scissor unless you like staying in and keeping your attack boost. If you replace Latios with Flygon it makes your team weak to Ice (even if Scizor can handle them, but what if Scizor falls before?). Fire and Ice... hmmm... I'm thinking, but I think a bulky water of some sort might help your team more.

BTW Uberkarp and his ugly stepsister are sweeping through Battle Tower. It's amazing! :D

(note to others: please do not become a cheater like this loser here named Wraith89 who is posting ATM)

The moveset given to my Chomp has been doin' well as my Lead, effectively encountering most leads in the Battle Tower up to 51-streak, but that was before when I had a Flygon with Fire Blast. But since Flygon is not around anymore and there is Latios with Surf, i'll give Fire Blast to Chomp in favor of Physical Aqua Tail.

Actually, my strategy in Battle Tower does not require frequent switch-in and out for my Scizor that's why X-scissor is there. It's a very powerful STAB move for him.

My Team is weak to Ice even before Flygon was there. I just "elevated" my Flygon to a certain degree since I am sure that you know the slight difference (statwise) between Flygon and Latios. in fact, Flygon is 4x weaker in Ice, while Latios is 2x weaker. That is why I opted to change Flygon and include Latios to my Team. :)

I did some playing around with Wobbuffet today. Interestingly enough, I won every match. How... unsuprising.

Oh, and my Mind Reader Articuno had a field day alongside the Wob monster. Really, these matches are just so easy.

Mind Reader Articuno... hmmm...

Finally! A chance to make that awesome bird shine! I remember in that one where you are assigned a random Pokemon, I got a Wobbuffet. What joy :P

^congrats!

last night, i gave a shot with my new team (Garchomp, Scizor, Latios) with the same movesets as posted earlier, and i took a rest and will continue tonight. I'm on a 42-winning-game-streak :) tonight's battle will be tougher with Palmer's Regigigas, Cresselia & Heatran :)

Yesterday I got the Silver Print from the Battle Factory to complete my Silver collection.

I had a panic moment... in the battle before the Factory Head (like battle 20? or something) a Guillotine Kingler took out two of my Pokemon without missing once!! Luckily I was able to sweep it (with two Surfs??) and the rest of that team with my Seadra...

For the places I can use my own Pokemon I've decided to switch out my Jolteon for a Zapdos... much slower, but better type coverage and a little beefier in the defensive areas.

I finally got my silver in Tower last night...

Now my final remains Factory, and I'm basically screwed =/ Anyone have any good tips for getting my silver there? I still haven't made it past six wins >.> I keep getting crap pokemon to choose from!!! D: *flails*

I currently have the Gold in the Castle and Arcade, Silver in the Factory and Hall, and have yet to challenge the Tower.

I was on my 6th streak in the Factory when my game glitched up and froze, so I was disqualified for not saving before completing the challenge. -.- I got a little ticked and moved onto the Battle Hall for now. I've got about 60 trainers left in the Hall, but it's proved pretty easy so far for my Articuno. Mind Reader + Sheer Cold FTW.

Got the silver print in the castle so yay! Its my first and my team was...

-breloom@toxic orb

Moves:

-leech seed

-super power

-seed bomb

-Spore (FTW)

He was a physical sweeper that owned!

Flygon!@sitrus berry (not lots of CP I struggled there so nothing better)

-dragon claw (FTW)

-dragon breath

-sandstorm

-crunch

After breloom fainted I put up a sandstorm because both he and empoleon were immune

Empoleon@sitrus berry

-bubblebeam

-waterfall

-surf

-hydro cannon

First and currently only level 100 although it doesn't matter in the castle he just has to be in the team.

I finally got my silver in Tower last night...

Now my final remains Factory, and I'm basically screwed =/ Anyone have any good tips for getting my silver there? I still haven't made it past six wins >.> I keep getting crap pokemon to choose from!!! D: *flails*

Out of your first six, pick the three that have the best stats and the best moves. The moves will probably not be that strong, but if you pick strong pokemon to go with them, you should be able to hit hard enough.

Pay attention to the hints the guy gives. If your first Pokemon is weak to the opponent's first Pokemon, try to trade it for something that has an advantage... but usually in that first round trading just gives you worse Pokemon. After the first round of 7 battles, the Pokemon and movesets get gradually better.

• 3 weeks later...

I used a Salamence to do the the battle hall.

Salamence@Choice Band

Naughty

252Atk /6 Satk/ 252 Spe

- Earthquake

- Fire blast

- Outrage

- Aqua Tail

Outrage killed every non-steel type that wasn't holding Focus Sash in one hit while Fire Blast and Earthquake owned the steels.

I swear, the battle factory hates me, I always get bad pokemon D=

i think its kinda obvious that the game cheats at the battle frontier, your opponents teams, items and move sets are obviously determined by your own, i guess you could argue they are trying to make it more of a challenge but i think its cheating and i also find i miss like crazy and the opponent rarely misses and nearly always gets there added affect as well, maybe im just really unlucky there but i hate the way the whole game is so stupidly easy :bidoof: and the frontier is insanely hard :mad:

anyway im having no luck, i managed to get a good streak in diamond, over 50 anyway and beat the tycoon and that but im finding platinum a lot harder, havent got hardly anywhere in any of them as yet so im putting it off for a while or i might end up smashing my ds to pieces, im gonna go back when i have nothing else left to do.

Okay.... I did it.

Streak of 102 at the Battle Tower. I made it all that way and got knocked down by a Cradily... what a pain.

Oh well, at least I got my Gold Trophy and my Trainer Star.

Frontier update:

Tower: Gold seal

All others: Silver seal

Time to pick it up again and go for gold.

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 days for hard work, i finally beat 28 people in the battle factory. I continued, thinking that i might beat 49 people and get the gold print. What could possibly go wrong, right? sadly, i lost at the 34th person (my latios` dragon claw missed 0_o). i was so mad. now, i have to start all over again, and i dont feel like doing it. What was your highest streak, and how did you react after losing?

P.S

is there any ways to hack the battle frontier?

After 2 days for hard work, i finally beat 28 people in the battle factory. I continued, thinking that i might beat 49 people and get the gold print. What could possibly go wrong, right? sadly, i lost at the 34th person (my latios` dragon claw missed 0_o). i was so mad. now, i have to start all over again, and i dont feel like doing it. What was your highest streak, and how did you react after losing?

P.S

is there any ways to hack the battle frontier?

Wow....bummer...was the opponent holding Brightpower? Or had they used an accuracy move?