Battle Frontier Platinum: Discussion/Progress

Darach_Chiaki

The battle tower and hall have to be the easiest of all the facilities. Palmer got owned by my Starmie. Garchomp actually got me the Gold print in the battle hall. The only facility that i haven't got the silver print to is the battle factory >.> I always get the crappy pokemon. Physical penguin sucks!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battle tower and hall have to be the easiest of all the facilities. Palmer got owned by my Starmie. Garchomp actually got me the Gold print in the battle hall. The only facility that i haven't got the silver print to is the battle factory >.> I always get the crappy pokemon. Physical penguin sucks!

I agree with Starmie for Palmer, but I disagree with Garchomp for Argenta. I got sweeped by a Magneton with my Garchomp... It was haxed. It survived my earthquake, and sonic boomed me to death.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Can you use the same Pokémon with different movesets, and still keep the same streak?

I might make a change of moveset to make it more advantageous for me ;P

The only reason that Garchomp is fail for me, is because it got owned by also a Tauros with Outrage....

So guys... give me some help here.

What kind of Pokemon did you use for the Battle Hall (Stage in Japanese) ???

I've made it through to the first Brain encounter, but I'm using my Jolteon (Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Shadowball) with an expert belt and I think that might have been a mistake just because it's so fragile and I've definitely been stalled to heck by Blissey before.

What's your advice here?

What did you use? Do you think I can make it all the way through with my Jolteon? Do you have a better suggestion?

So guys... give me some help here.

What kind of Pokemon did you use for the Battle Hall (Stage in Japanese) ???

I've made it through to the first Brain encounter, but I'm using my Jolteon (Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Shadowball) with an expert belt and I think that might have been a mistake just because it's so fragile and I've definitely been stalled to heck by Blissey before.

What's your advice here?

What did you use? Do you think I can make it all the way through with my Jolteon? Do you have a better suggestion?

I recommend beastie types. Garchomp is good, but beware of the Outrage Tauros and the Flinching Togekiss.

Wait? Are you serious? They have a flinchhax Togekiss in there?

Oh boy. Time to bring in my Dragonite (Inner Focus) :)

Your Dragonite will be outspeeded by a enemy Garchomp, or a Weavile with Ice Shard. I'm sorry.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Or, an Abomasnow who survives your attack, sets hail, and Blizzard 's you to death.

Or, what happened to me, and get raped by a Magneton. Sounds good.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

OH, and for Battle Hall, you can enter same species, and it doesn't have to be the same Pokémon. For example, I can send in a Garchomp that knows Fire Fang to get rid of Fire-types, and send in another Garchomp that knows Stone Edge to get rid of Flying-types.

How do I know this? One of the NPCs in the Battle Hall tell you it. It's the Idol Girl.

Oh, and did I mention Outrage Tauros? It survived a STAB Outrage from Garchomp ;_;

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Oh, and I have this paranoid fear that a non-Levitate Pokémon will have Levitate, and I will get locked. ;_;

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Btw, small warning to people. Beware of Shedinja, if you are challenging Ghost or Bug types. You will hate it if he appears, and you don't have any Super Effective moves.

EDIT: I am so f****** mad... My game froze at my 169th Streak....

Blah. What if the first Pokemon is a cannon fodder and I can set up Agility and start sweeping? Whatever. We all know Battle Frontier is HAX so I'm bringing whatever Pokes I have to destroy stuff. I have a good bulky Dragonite though, so maybe... NAH. They'll all start Critical Hitting me 10 times in a row.

Wait, Zmaster... Fire Fang to get rid of Fire types? It doesn't work that way!! :-/

Blah. What if the first Pokemon is a cannon fodder and I can set up Agility and start sweeping? Whatever. We all know Battle Frontier is HAX so I'm bringing whatever Pokes I have to destroy stuff. I have a good bulky Dragonite though, so maybe... NAH. They'll all start Critical Hitting me 10 times in a row.

Wait, Zmaster... Fire Fang to get rid of Fire types? It doesn't work that way!! :-/

I meant Fire against Steel.

Can you use the same Pokémon with different movesets, and still keep the same streak?

I might make a change of moveset to make it more advantageous for me ;P

The only reason that Garchomp is fail for me, is because it got owned by also a Tauros with Outrage....

Im pretty sure you can. As long as its the same pokemon, It really shouldn't matter. Were you using a CB chomp? If that doesn't work, I hear Cb mence is also really good.

I meant Fire against Steel.

Earthquake and Brick Break usually work better. Even Chainchomp Fire Blast can destroy stuff like Bronzong and Skarmory. Fire Fang is terrible... but coming from Battle Frontier means it's ALWAYS going to flinch or burn >.<

... but coming from Battle Frontier means it's ALWAYS going to flinch or burn >.<

yeah, it looks like that the Battle Frontier is cheating!

last night, at the Battle Tower, my Jolly Garchomp was OHKO from an Ice Beam of a super fast Lickitung :mad::mad:

and worst, after an exhausting win from that trainer, a Porygon-Z from the next trainer swept my team.

- OHKO my Garchomp with a "Tri Attack" (that's fine)

- OHKO my Scizor with a "Tri Attack" (it's not very effective, but it's a critical hit!!), note that Porygon-z's HP was almost drained after my Bullet Punch!

- OHKO my Flygon after that porygon-z used "trick", (Flygon's leftovers was switched with a Choice Scarf?) and then, a "tri attack" from porygon-z again! :(

Edited by empoleonmikel

Yeah, Battle Tower is filled with cheaters. They have unnatural stats and just kills you with stuff that shouldn't even kill. Wait, so Lickitung owned Garchomp with Ice Beam?! Preposterous! It's just like how that Rhyperior's Ice Beam OHKOd my Salamence. Yeah, weird stuff happens.

Also, battle tower uses hax. I used a different battle tower team (that I didn't post) of Mismagius, Lucario, and Feraligatr; Mismagius, who outspeeds my own Lucario, got outsped by a Weezing who toxiced me, then confused me as I was setting up. Then I missed with Shadow Ball because he was holding Brightpowder (wtf?) and he critted me with sludge bomb.

Okay, Lucario comes out next since hes specs. Weezing outspeeds and tries to toxic, but that fails (obviously), and I OHKO with Dark Pulse.

Out comes an opposing Slowking. Said slowking is weak to Dark Pulse, but it doesnt OHKO; he proceeds to crit me with Surf and OHKO. I send out Feraligatr and dragon dance; OHKO with some move (I dont remember) and then Feraligatr gets OHKOed with a leaf storm.

Kill me.

I wonder if they have abnormal stats or something. Palmer's Milotic outsped my GENGAR.

Quick Claw?

They have legal stats. Though an abnormal amount of them after the second battle with Palmer have nearly all 31 IVs.

Smogon's BT thread in their forums goes much more in depth about the AI and their Pokemon's stats.

@wraith & Illithian:

LOLZ! hahaha!!!

... got outsped by a Weezing who toxiced me, then confused me as I was setting up. ....

and yeah, i remembered a battle with a weezing, it used a move that drained all the PP's of my Garchomp, fortunately, the "choice banded struggle" managed to 2HKO'd that crazy weezing! hahaha!! payback time, LOLZ!

======

i doubt if some could really bring-in an "unbeatable" team into the Battle Tower, it's getting weird from time to time. i'm running out of cheat :) i also doubt if some others could really make more than 70 winning streak :( If so, my congratulation to them, they are really "great" :)

for me, i just managed to have 53 lucky winning streak, hahaha!!!

i doubt if some could really bring-in an "unbeatable" team into the Battle Tower, it's getting weird from time to time. i'm running out of cheat :) i also doubt if some others could really make more than 70 winning streak :( If so, my congratulation to them, they are really "great" :)

for me, i just managed to have 53 lucky winning streak, hahaha!!!

I got well into the 130s in Diamond on Single, and then in the 50s on everything else except Link Battles (never did it) and Wi-Fi battles (15 in a row is my record; and went as high as rank 5).

If you are really getting tired of being beaten. Use the legendary bypass code to stick it to the in game hax.

But then you aren't doing it in any legit way.

The best cheat to use is No Guard Ninjask with Sheer Cold.