date wondercard (5gen)

Kev-randar

• 2 years later...
On 9/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, theSLAYER said:

Yup.

It'll look suspicious, but it'll be legal

Sorry for reviving this very old threat, I came across it while googling about wondercard dates.

Aren't the Pokemon illegal if you don't edit the date received? What I mean is, the IVs and the nature are tied to the seed, which is generated off of the date you booted the game. So if you inject, for example, the Meloetta that OP posted about, then it cannot possibly have the IVs of a different date, no? Or could you, back then, get the wondercard (which then has the old date you received it on as part of the Pokemon FOREVER) but reboot your game and reset for one you want? Are the Pokemon's IVs and nature generated off of the receiving of the wc, or will they adjust to your boot date?

26 minutes ago, Wingadinga said:

Sorry for reviving this very old threat, I came across it while googling about wondercard dates.

Aren't the Pokemon illegal if you don't edit the date received? What I mean is, the IVs and the nature are tied to the seed, which is generated off of the date you booted the game. So if you inject, for example, the Meloetta that OP posted about, then it cannot possibly have the IVs of a different date, no? Or could you, back then, get the wondercard (which then has the old date you received it on as part of the Pokemon FOREVER) but reboot your game and reset for one you want? Are the Pokemon's IVs and nature generated off of the receiving of the wc, or will they adjust to your boot date?

You could boot the NDS on one date, but only boot the game in another date.
Anyhow, to my understanding the data will be sufficiently random.

Yeah, in Gen 5, if I recall correctly, the mon's acquired date isn't the same date as the wonder card acquired date.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You could boot the NDS on one date, but only boot the game in another date.
Anyhow, to my understanding the data will be sufficiently random.

Yeah, in Gen 5, if I recall correctly, the mon's acquired date isn't the same date as the wonder card acquired date.

It is, that's why I got curious, and I assume that's also why the original poster made this thread 'cause they had the same issue. But I reckon you COULD have downloaded the wondercard on date X but then received the Pokemon in game whenever, which would tie a different seed to it regardless?