Looking for FR/LG/E save with Aurora Ticket from event

Misdreavus

I'm looking for a save file for FR/LG/E with an Aurora Ticket (with the corresponding Deoxys not yet caught) that was obtained from one of the official events back in 2004/2005.  I know the NA version of the ticket has leaked and anyone can get it (and that one such will be indistinguishable from an "authentic" one), but I'm looking for one that was obtained directly from the actual event, if possible.

Thanks.

Edited by Misdreavus

3 hours ago, Misdreavus said:

I'm looking for a save file for FR/LG/E with an Aurora Ticket (with the corresponding Deoxys not yet caught) that was obtained from one of the official events back in 2004/2005.  I know the NA version of the ticket has leaked and anyone can get it (and that one such will be indistinguishable from an "authentic" one), but I'm looking for one that was obtained directly from the actual event, if possible.

Thanks.

I don't think those save exists. We've had a hard time trying getting even a legitimate one for Gen 3 event research purposes.

You could try checking here, to see if anyone uploaded their save.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't think those save exists. We've had a hard time trying getting even a legitimate one for Gen 3 event research purposes.

You could try checking here, to see if anyone uploaded their save.

Thanks.  I did run across this.  In the description, the author claims to have gotten the AuroraTicket from the PCNY.  Any thoughts on its legitimacy?

22 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

I believe this GameFAQs save upload by ShinyCelebi should be what you're looking for.

Thanks.  Unfortunately I need it in the form of a .SAV file, and I don't work with emulation (as far as I know, using an emulator is the only way to convert .SPS into .SAV).  Is there anything else I can do?

2 minutes ago, Misdreavus said:

Thanks.  Unfortunately I need it in the form of a .SAV file, and I don't work with emulation (as far as I know, using an emulator is the only way to convert .SPS into .SAV).  Is there anything else I can do?

It is possible to convert it without emulation, there's a site that can do it. I have the .sav of it myself, but unfortunately it's currently on my broken laptop and it's taking a long time to get fixed.

21 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

It is possible to convert it without emulation, there's a site that can do it. I have the .sav of it myself, but unfortunately it's currently on my broken laptop and it's taking a long time to get fixed.

I found a site that can do it for DS games, but not GBA; that feature hasn't been added yet.  Do you know what type of GBA Gameshark I would need to restore the save?  I see two different types (1, 2).

12 minutes ago, Misdreavus said:

I found a site that can do it for DS games, but not GBA; that feature hasn't been added yet.  Do you know what type of GBA Gameshark I would need to restore the save?  I see two different types (1, 2).

I know you earlier said that you can't load the .sps file (the ShinyCelebi one), but I just want you to know that VBA supports it.
It's under "Import Gameshark Snapshot"

I have doubts whether this was legit, or obtained with Morpheo's injector.

image.png

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I know you earlier said that you can't load the .sps file (the shiny celebi one), but I just want you to know that VBA supports it.
It's under "Import Gameshark Snapshot"

I have doubts whether this was legit, or obtained with Morpheo's injector.

image.png

When you say you have doubts about it being legit, which save file are you referring to - the one on GameFAQs or the one I linked to in the 3rd post?  The one on GameFAQs is from 2004, and being so close to the event dates (and likely before we had discovered how to to inject Wonder Cards) is a decent reason to believe it's legit IMO.

32 minutes ago, Misdreavus said:

When you say you have doubts about it being legit, which save file are you referring to - the one on GameFAQs or the one I linked to in the 3rd post?  The one on GameFAQs is from 2004, and being so close to the event dates (and likely before we had discovered how to to inject Wonder Cards) is a decent reason to believe it's legit IMO.

The gamefaqs one. As for the one you posted, I didn't look at it, but the fact that it listed getting some events from Digiex suggest the user just inserted everything in. I'll probably need to take a look at it. (Don't get me wrong; I love Digiex, I just feel as though if the user grabbed and combined events into a save, he could do the same with the aurora ticket)

That's a good point about the Gamefaqs one actually. While gameshark has been around (hence the backup), I don't think event injection was around, in terms of event wondercards. People probably just used the gameshark code to enable the event.

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

The gamefaqs one. As for the one you posted, I didn't look at it, but the fact that it listed getting some events from Digiex suggest the user just inserted everything in. I'll probably need to take a look at it. (Don't get me wrong; I love Digiex, I just feel as though if the user grabbed and combined events into a save, he could do the same with the aurora ticket)

That's a good point about the Gamefaqs one actually. While gameshark has been around (hence the backup), I don't think event injection was around, in terms of event wondercards. People probably just used the gameshark code to enable the event.

If you get around to taking a look at it, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know what you think.