Problem Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismtach (3gen)

Kev-randar

Hi,

I have a question, I have reviewed my 3 gen pokemon with pkhex, and mentions that : Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismtach , in all those that I show in the images.

I play in emulator, but all of them have been captured legally (also with the whole game), I have not used any hack or code, it is a bug of pkhex ?, can be solved ?. This being honest to say that all those brilliant ones I got them without using rng reporter or creating them through pokegen or pkhex.
I just feel that the program does not recognize its legitimacy, I know they are, but it gives me a little courage that the program denies me.

Captura1.PNG

Captura4.PNG

Captura5.PNG

Captura6.PNG

Captura7.PNG

Captura8.PNG

Captura9.PNG

Captura10.PNG

Captura11.PNG

1 hour ago, Kev-randar said:

I play in emulator

Some emulators do not faithfully emulate the CPU timings present on the console, resulting in different PIDIVs sometimes.

The PKM are not legal as they cannot be encountered on legitimate hardware. PKHeX is working correctly.

• Like 1
  • Ashamed 1

7 minutes ago, Kev-randar said:

So, why do some shinys show up correctly and others not?

Because the emulator doesn't screw up every time. It screws up at times.

For example, let's look at your Rayquaza.

Let's look at the Method 1 entries.
I think none of their IVs match the below:
image.png

• Teary-Eyed 1

7 minutes ago, Kev-randar said:

So, why do some shinys show up correctly and others not?

Because some are legal, and some are not.

Certain encounters have certain PID restrictions (ie a Starter / Stationary encounter must be Method 1) while wild encounters can be Method 1/2/4.

The method-1 only encounters are generated fast enough on actual hardware, but the emulator does not generate the pkm fast enough and gets interrupted, resulting in method 2 & 4. Wild encounters need to wait for a valid PID (nature/gender) which can also be interrupted by the screen needing to refresh.

• Like 2
  • Relieved 1

Thanks for the clarifications, a query but the rng reporter also serves for the Spanish version ?, I say it because I never worked in Spanish, I only worked in English.
Sorry for the bad English, I'm using the Google translator. :C

Edited by Kev-randar

1 minute ago, Kev-randar said:

Thanks for the clarifications, a query but the rng reporter also serves for the Spanish version ?, I say it because I never worked in Spanish, I only worked in English.

It's based on the CPU timings of the devices, so the language of the game does not matter.

• Relieved 1

5 hours ago, Kev-randar said:

Practically all the stationary shinys that I got are not legal. :'v  ,.

There is some way to make them legal, or is already lost everything in emulator, XD.

Use RNGReporter to fix their IVs would be one way to do it.

RNGReporter has a PID to IVs window. Using that will show the IVs (like the screenshot I posted earlier)
image.png

• Like 1
  • Amazed 1

13 minutes ago, Kev-randar said:

I followed your suggestion and I came across this, I should change the ivs to method 1, but it has all the ivs of method 4 correctly, I am confused.

Captura.PNG

Kaphotics already explained to you earlier on:

10 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The method-1 only encounters are generated fast enough on actual hardware, but the emulator does not generate the pkm fast enough and gets interrupted, resulting in method 2 & 4. Wild encounters need to wait for a valid PID (nature/gender) which can also be interrupted by the screen needing to refresh.

GBA/NDS will correctly assign stationary encounters with Method 1 IVs,
However emulators cannot accurately assign the IVs from Method 1 in time, so the Pokemon will end up with Method 2 or Method 4 IVs.
Method 2 or Method 4 IVs are incorrect for stationary encounters.

So if you want to fix your Pokemon, assign Method 1 IVs to them.

• Like 1
  • Speechless 1

On 9/4/2018 at 5:15 AM, Kev-randar said:

Hi,

I have a question, I have reviewed my 3 gen pokemon with pkhex, and mentions that : Invalid: Encounter Type PID mismtach , in all those that I show in the images.

I play in emulator, but all of them have been captured legally (also with the whole game), I have not used any hack or code, it is a bug of pkhex ?, can be solved ?. This being honest to say that all those brilliant ones I got them without using rng reporter or creating them through pokegen or pkhex.
I just feel that the program does not recognize its legitimacy, I know they are, but it gives me a little courage that the program denies me.

Captura1.PNG

Captura4.PNG

Captura5.PNG

Captura6.PNG

Captura7.PNG

Captura8.PNG

Captura9.PNG

Captura10.PNG

Captura11.PNG

What emulator are you playing in? I'm currently doing a Leaf Green playthrough, and I'd like to avoid this (@theSLAYER, sorry for hijacking *two* threads, but this is relevant information ?)

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

Technically method 2 and 4 should be marked fishy by PKHex. This is a very complicated subject that requires extensive testing on GBA, NDS, 3DS (hacked CIA) and emulator. The results would be different for each one.

I am not sure how much anyone cares though.

Well, for what it's worth, so far, John GBA has been consistently producing Method 1 IVs for stationary encounters. As I've said in the other relevant topic:

I've been playing this save on two emulators (VBA-M on PC, John GBA on Android), through Dropbox syncing, so I can actually test for differences. Indeed, if you think it's relevant, I still have an unawakened Snorlax with which I can test it out. I can capture it multiple times on both emulators and provide the resulting .pkm files. If needed, I can also inject my save into the real cartridge and do the same on GBA/SP and NDS, although restoring it multiple times to catch a meaningful sample would be a lot more work, and I assume the real cartridge behaviour is documented by now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

By the way... I would really like to know what's the deal with Pokemon BOX. I have heard that you can get many Method-4 Pokemon with it. Is that true? And does it affect Pokemon that are usually Method-1 only as well? I don't have the complete hardware setup now but did in the past, wished I could check it out for myself...

As in playing Pokemon RS on Pokemon Box?

2 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

It's very interesting because what you play on Pokemon Box isn't actually the game from your cartridge, it's emulation like you said and the ROMs of Ruby and Sapphire are on the disc. I'm also wondering how it does the RTC stuff and if it uses the GameCube's RTC instead of the cartridges RTC. I actually have so many questions regarding how it was done, I thought there should be a Multi Boot ROM that is downloaded to get access to the save file but couldn't find anything so far...

Yeah, that was what I was concerned about.
It'll make sense if the GameBoy Player attachment can emulate the ticks correctly,
but I'm wondering if the GameCube can natively emulate the cpu ticks correctly.

Would be amazing if someone can make a fresh save, catch a bunch a pokemon, and upload the save

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, that was what I was concerned about.
It'll make sense if the GameBoy Player attachment can emulate the ticks correctly,
but I'm wondering if the GameCube can natively emulate the cpu ticks correctly.

Would be amazing if someone can make a fresh save, catch a bunch a pokemon, and upload the save

I have a full Pokemon Box setup, I just need to find the time to do this, but shouldn't be too hard haha

18 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

IIRC the GameBoy Player has an ARM chip inside, so everything should run natively in this case. Pretty boring, I know...

I figured it would have been something like that, glad to hear the confirmation

9 minutes ago, Gridelin said:

I have a full Pokemon Box setup, I just need to find the time to do this, but shouldn't be too hard haha

That is good to hear! Just to be sure, you have the physical gamecube and Pokemon Box game right (not an emulator)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

I figured it would have been something like that, glad to hear the confirmation

That is good to hear! Just to be sure, you have the physical gamecube and Pokemon Box game right (not an emulator)

Yes haha, I've had it since I was a kid. Would playing it on a Wii matter at all? Can you even play it on a Wii?