[Bug] Event Golduck name not matching species

theSLAYER

IIRC the game basically ignores the language tag, and generates the name based on the game save's language, when no nickname is defined in the wonder card.

(The game won't specifically gen a different name based on language tag. It's solely dependent on game save language. I think this behavior has been around since Gen 4; think of it as the same thing as evolving a traded Pokemon, where the name assigned isn't based on language tag.)

The user above basically injected the wonder card into a CHS language save, then redeemed it in game.

As for whether any past events display this behavior, I'll need to check, but from my memory past events that had language tags ALSO had nickname, hence why this issue hasn't popped up until now.

edit: I'm referring to legality check not allowing that default name + language tag combo, when it's possible to redeem it as such.

@Kaphotics I'm still search for other Pokemon based on existing trainers, as those events fit the bill.
another example is Ray's Metagross, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit:
I just tested and confirmed on my end that the effect I explained earlier exists in Gen 5.
Ray Rizzo's Metagross gained a Korean name despite having language tagged to ENG.

25 minutes ago, ICanSnake said:

The latest commit fixes 05146 ScreenPeekaz Machamp too, right? That's the other event with a language locked tag.

Looking at the PKHeX code, it looks like it does :)