Gen 3 - Mystery Mew Collection Complete!

Thanks and I hope I didn't sound like a gatekeeper. I have nothing against people getting events that they missed, whether it be by something like wiimmfi or injection. Also version exclusives and trade-evolutions suck.

Edited by Urt1
Another little blurb

The save game for Mystery Mew was clearly hacked. And since we provide a download of a save with all of the Mew, it isn't hard to believe that someone would simply flash the save game to a cart and sell it. It's been going on for years.

As for being legit, there is no way to tell the difference between a legit redeemed mew from the event and one trade from a cart off eBay.

• Like 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to Gen 3 - Mystery Mew Collection Complete!
  • 10 months later...

This is an old thread... but not sure where else to ask best. Serebi lists Mystery Mew as possible to be listed as from Kanto or Hoenn upon transfer to Gen IV. But as these were generated then traded to players without Mystery Gift, that origin game isn't based on the game you received it on I thought? And all the Mew I checked in this file look to have the Origin Game set to Ruby (despite being distributed using a FR cart). Am I missing something, or is Serebii possibly wrong there?

Background - Trying to complete a living dex of pokemon from their earliest generations, so trying to find a way to get a Kanto mew from Gen 3.

5 hours ago, Stinkynate said:

This is an old thread... but not sure where else to ask best. Serebi lists Mystery Mew as possible to be listed as from Kanto or Hoenn upon transfer to Gen IV. But as these were generated then traded to players without Mystery Gift, that origin game isn't based on the game you received it on I thought? And all the Mew I checked in this file look to have the Origin Game set to Ruby (despite being distributed using a FR cart). Am I missing something, or is Serebii possibly wrong there?

Background - Trying to complete a living dex of pokemon from their earliest generations, so trying to find a way to get a Kanto mew from Gen 3.

Yeah serebii is wrong on this. The Transferred region/location is based on origin game, which is set to one game.

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah serebii is wrong on this. The Transferred region/location is based on origin game, which is set to one game.

Thanks for confirming. I looked at the other few Mew distros for Gen 3 and they all looked similar to me. Are there no Mew in Gen 3 that have an origin of Kanto?

1 minute ago, Stinkynate said:

Thanks for confirming. I looked at the other few Mew distros for Gen 3 and they all looked similar to me. Are there no Mew in Gen 3 that have an origin of Kanto?

I know you can't transfer from Gens 1/2 to 3, but not sure if there's been a Gen 3 event that lists Kanto or not.

8 hours ago, Stinkynate said:

Specifically Gen 3? You just gotta load all the Gen 3 Mew and check in PKHeX.
Doesn't take that much time.

image.png

Hadou: Ruby
PokéPark: Ruby
Mystery: Ruby
Aura: Ruby

This should be evident enough that there ain't any Kanto event Mew in Gen 3...