Giving Legendaries a gender?

Parma

Already found out it's not possible hex editing the .pkm of a Pokemon, so there must be some sort of blocker in the actual rom that prevents certain Pokemon from having one, and vice-versa. I'd love to take Suicune off that list. It's just too much hex for one person :(

I'm not sure if it's a per-Pokemon value that doesn't allow this, or if it's more like a list. I found that someone had found Bulbasaur's offset, but I keep messing up the counting, and even if I find Suicune's offset, the issue I raised in my last sentence comes to mind.

I need help figuring this out.

*I just pasted what should be a female suicune into the end of my SS rom.. works fine, still won't allow it, apparently did nothing. Just a note. Looks like I will indeed spend another sleepless night looking for the solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Yanno I thought there was a editor in gen 3 that solved this but maybe not (I never played around that much in GBA hacks, and now I don't even play gen 3 anymore anyway)

But yeah, I do second this. Especially since I also wanted to get a Mew with Cute Charm. Kinda a pointless skill when it doesn't even have a gender >>;