Shiny Thunder Shock Pidgey from Spaceworld Demo

TotalTS

I recently started shiny hunting on the Silver Demo, and I found out that it's possible to trade from the Demo to Pokémon Blue in Japanese.
So I catch a few Shiny Pokémon and traded them over to Pokémon Blue. Then I came to PkHex and saw that everything was ok except for Pidgey, it had Thunder Shock.
I thought it was some kind of mistake, but then I went to an earlier save state from Silver (a backup before trading) and found out that it wasn't a mistake.

Proof (the pk1 file is the Pokémon untouched traded to Blue, and the .sn4 is a bgb save state)

016 - ポッポ - 0489.pk1

Pokémon Silver - Spaceworld 1997 Demo (Debug) (Header Fixed).sn4

2 hours ago, TotalTS said:

I recently started shiny hunting on the Silver Demo, and I found out that it's possible to trade from the Demo to Pokémon Blue in Japanese.
So I catch a few Shiny Pokémon and traded them over to Pokémon Blue. Then I came to PkHex and saw that everything was ok except for Pidgey, it had Thunder Shock.
I thought it was some kind of mistake, but then I went to an earlier save state from Silver (a backup before trading) and found out that it wasn't a mistake.

Proof (the pk1 file is the Pokémon untouched traded to Blue, and the .sn4 is a bgb save state)

016 - ポッポ - 0489.pk1

Pokémon Silver - Spaceworld 1997 Demo (Debug) (Header Fixed).sn4

Quick question: How does one initiate the trade?

I thought all NPCs in other towns won't interact with the player..
(I recall reading that the trade was possible, but I'm unsure how it's done)

10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Quick question: How does one initiate the trade?

I thought all NPCs in other towns won't interact with the player..
(I recall reading that the trade was possible, but I'm unsure how it's done)

*First of all, make sure to save states, so you don't lose any progress.
*Enter the Debug (On the Silver/Gold Screen Version press Select)
*Press A on the second option, the character will shrink and start the game on it's room.
*Catch any Pokémon from Kanto (you have x30 Balls on your bag), leave the Johto Pokémon on the PC, you can find a PC on the south-west house in the first town. (You can also find 3 random Pokémon inside the PC sometimes)
*Go near the GATE where Silver is and the Demo ends.
*Press B to walk through walls and run, go to the doors of the GATE without facing Silver.
*Go through the GATE, now you're on the second town, the Pokémon Center is on the East.
*Inside the Pokémon Center, go upstairs (on the left side).
*Start Link with your emulator(s) on Pokémon Red/Blue/Green on Japanese, doesn't work with English versions.
*Press B to walk through the door and access the Time Machine, then go where the Nurse is.
*Try to start the Trade in the Time Machine until it works.

Trade is a little buggy sometimes and it takes some tries to make it work properly, also some Pokémon traded can crash Red/Blue/Green, but don't be scared, this can be fixed. (I recently traded a Shiny Vulpix which crashed everytime I looked into her Stats, but this was "Legality problems" easily fixed with PkHex)

Edited by TotalTS
  • Like 1