EXP Gain reduced to 1 after save edited

Glyphica

So I wanted to edit my save so i could play with a Torchic in Ultra Sun. Whenever I change a save, everything works but for some reason it reduces the amount of EXP gained in each battle to 1, even though the Pokemon are identical to how they were before adding the Torchic.

I am playing on Citra 3DS emulator, not sure if that effects anything.

Z8eJWJi.png

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
43 minutes ago, ProfessorHoenn said:

Hey.

Did you ever figure out how to replicate this? (As I want to do a run where Pokemon only gain 1xp per battle).

Thanks

I imagine they hacked in a bunch of stuff right before receiving the starter, and maybe the game has checks like "this person hasn't progressed far enough, there shouldn't be all this stuff. they must be cheating".

That's my uneducated guess anyway.

1 hour ago, ProfessorHoenn said:

Hey.

Did you ever figure out how to replicate this? (As I want to do a run where Pokemon only gain 1xp per battle).

Thanks

It was a long time ago, but I believe the issue was probably either a cheat or a modified rom. I couldn't resolve it so I just gave up.

From what I remember all I did was catch a pokemon then modify that pokemon (so the IVs and Nature would carry over) to be a Torchic. Its been a while since i touched roms and PKHeX, so I don't remember the details. This just popped up in my email so I thought I'd check and see if I can help.

• Like 1