PokeJoke - By: Nu11iFy (All new maps, text, sprites, storyline, and pokemon!)

Nu11iFy

PokeJoke DS

Summary:

PokeJoke DS is a game built off of pokemon diamond. It is a spoof / funny game based on the pokemon theme. It has all new maps, all new text, all new sprites, all new Pokemon, all new storyline, and is very fun to play. It is created by Nu11iFy.

Development status:

So far, I have...

created a list of objects and models I can put into the game

edited twinleaf town's map

edited twinleaf town's text

added a secret in twinleaf town (will be told by an npc twards the end of the game)

have changed some of the pokemon

changed character sprites

changed the starters

edited sandgem town's map

edited sandgem town's text

Renamed a few things

Made a demo of the game

My current goals are:

Figuring out how to change where a door leads to

redoing pokemon settings (names, spirtes, location, move-sets)

adding a new storyline

changing events (animations, npc movement, etc)

Download

I have just released a very short demo. This demo is only for the first two towns, and ends

right before Jublife city. In the demo I have:

-Changed player sprites (the female one got messed up though...)

-Changed the towns around a bit

-Remade all of the text

-Changed the Pokemon around a bit.

-Blocked off everything after Sandgem

-Added a secret in twinleaf town (can get you any legendary)

-Edited Pokemon (names, moves, locations)

To patch this game, you need xdelta, the PATCH file, and a clean rom of Pokemon diamond. I will supply xdelta and the patch, but you need to get the Clean pokemon rom yourself. The clean rom itself should be about 65,536kb, I think.

If you find anything that you think could use improvement or needs fixing, tell me. I know the maps still look a little the same, but editing maps is really time consuming, so bear with me.

Anyways, here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogyxgzzuizi

If the patch does not work, tell me!

Edited by Nu11iFy

need a hand with these?

Yeah, I will take any help/suggestions/tips/etc I can get, as this is a big project. But, right now, my main goal is figuring out how to change where doors lead to. I would need to find out which narc file and what encoding tells the game where a specific door leads to.

The reason i need to know this is that I put a pokemart in the first town, but whenever you walk in, it leads you to some random house.

Jordy- Thanks! Please give feedback, though! I would like to know what people think.

NeoDraven- I used a hex editor. It is land-data.narc in the release-0 for twinleaf town. the first part is walking permissions, the second part is 3D model placement

Please comment / post about what you like / dislike with the demo/game!

The first time i tried to patch it didn't work.

now i gonna try it witch (u) and (eu)

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

It doesn't work :(

How can i open cmd in my map with pokejoke.patch?

if i open cmd i get in my documents and settings folder.

move the patch and xdelta onto your desktop do not make a new folder on the desktop, just put them directly on it. Copy/Paste this into cmd if you are using widows xp:

"c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\xdelta" patch "c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\pokejoke.patch" "c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\pokejoke.nds"

**READ!!! Replace <username> with the the user account you are logged into on your computer (not the password)**

Thx gonna try this.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

Doesn't work.

The system can't find the path.

and theres nothing to do with pokemon diamond.

Can you upload the patched rom?

sorry about that

"c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\xdelta" patch "c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\pokejoke.patch" "c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\diamond.nds" "c\documents and settings\<username>\desktop\pokejoke.nds"

try that

and make sure to change the name of the diamond rom to diamond.nds and the <username> to your computer login name.

• 3 years later...