Pokémon SpaceGold

Aurum

"Welcome to the world of Pokémon!" ~Prof. Samuel Oak

Hello everyone! Welcome to a custom Pokémon game based on the early 1997 Spaceworld Demo of Pokémon Gold and Silver. After finishing my Neo Mario Galaxy project, I was unsure which game to hack next. When I discovered the leaked Spaceworld demo, I had an idea...
My aim is to forge a full game using scrapped concepts to show what could have become the second generation of Pokémon. Of course, this project is still in developement, but an introducing demo will be released very soon!

Features
- A region based on the entire country of Japan!
- Full storyline that continues the events from Red/Blue
- 253 Pokémon, including new and never before seen kinds
- Interesting and useful new items, including a Skateboard
- Many mechanics introduced in later games (Physical/Special split, Fairy type, ...)

Screenshots

screenshots.png.04b870c18b5f8a72a38a40733134998e.png

screenshots2.png

Releases
A short demo will be released very soon!

Edited by Aurum
  • Like 8
  • Speechless 1

As much as I'm really looking forward to someone finally making a complete game out of the scrapped concepts, I do wish the demo rom was used as the base instead of Crystal. Don't get me wrong your work looks amazing, it's just an inconsequential gripe in the back of my head.

Even so, you got my interest and I'm hoping to see more come out of this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Halfshadow said:

Is a great work, but I have a question for you:

If you are so able, you know a script command to avoid the location display in pokémon Crystal?

Afaik, there is no scripting instruction to disable the location display, but it won't appear if your map is set to be a Gate or Indoor area.

10 hours ago, SwagKey said:

As much as I'm really looking forward to someone finally making a complete game out of the scrapped concepts, I do wish the demo rom was used as the base instead of Crystal. Don't get me wrong your work looks amazing, it's just an inconsequential gripe in the back of my head.

Even so, you got my interest and I'm hoping to see more come out of this.

It would be a bigger pain to implement what's missing in the demo rather than in the Crystal ROM base. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aurum said:

Afaik, there is no scripting instruction to disable the location display, but it won't appear if your map is set to be a Gate or Indoor area.

It would be a bigger pain to implement what's missing in the demo rather than in the Crystal ROM base. :)

Unfortunately, indoors show however the location, gates not but allow you to use the bicycle, I have a problem with a script that teleport the player from a dungeon into a building and then a man starts to talk with the player, when it finish starts the display location with corrupted graphic, 'cause don't load the right resources in ram. You know maybe a way to re-load the correct graphic before the display location or a way to display the location during the script before the man starts to talk? I don't know how fix this otherwise...

Edited by Halfshadow

• 1 month later...

This brings a tear to my eye, and all I can say is this... take as much time as you need, but please, don't abandon the project. I know full well I am not entitled to getting your work, I just hope you don't join the rest of the crowd these days and abandon everything as if it didn't matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When was this last posted? I'm hoping you can finish this because I am planning to use the maps, physical/special split, except 

attack names and effects which is easily edited for a planned Touhoumon Ordinary version sequel.

A Touhoumon game based in the country of Japan is what the region is based on.

• 2 years later...