[Resolved] Different Pokemon language in the same save.

Vladcik

Hi o/ !

So first, I guess if it's an issue it's not an important one. And if it's not an issue, I really need some hints on it.
I've started to work on a HUGE project in every Generation, and these days i'm having some fun with playing Crystal. I'm using wwwwwwzx lua script to get what I want, but i've seen a weird issue in the end :

Some of my Pokémon are set as French, while some others are set to English.
My Crystal is a French one, and never used any other ROM, always the same.

But some of my Pokemon are French while some of them are English. Without any particular reason. Sometimes, even during the same run, one will be French and the other one will be English :

image.png.cbca2ecb06a1163df684f3cb98fd19b9.png

Here's my Shiny Suicune, set as an English one. But here's the screenshot of the encounter :

245.png.5db53e27398171ebcd52c79f6fbbe8e5.png

As you can see, i've encountered it and caught it with a French Version. So should be French.

And the lua are not really in case since well they don't influence the save AND like 70% of my other Pokemon are set in French without any issue.

I'm just curious about this, because i want my Shiny to be as clean as possible, but it's not really an major issue.

Tell me if you need some files in anything.

Thanks o/

1 hour ago, Vladcik said:

Hi o/ !

So first, I guess if it's an issue it's not an important one. And if it's not an issue, I really need some hints on it.
I've started to work on a HUGE project in every Generation, and these days i'm having some fun with playing Crystal. I'm using wwwwwwzx lua script to get what I want, but i've seen a weird issue in the end :

Some of my Pokémon are set as French, while some others are set to English.
My Crystal is a French one, and never used any other ROM, always the same.

But some of my Pokemon are French while some of them are English. Without any particular reason. Sometimes, even during the same run, one will be French and the other one will be English :

image.png.cbca2ecb06a1163df684f3cb98fd19b9.png

Here's my Shiny Suicune, set as an English one. But here's the screenshot of the encounter :

245.png.5db53e27398171ebcd52c79f6fbbe8e5.png

As you can see, i've encountered it and caught it with a French Version. So should be French.

And the lua are not really in case since well they don't influence the save AND like 70% of my other Pokemon are set in French without any issue.

I'm just curious about this, because i want my Shiny to be as clean as possible, but it's not really an major issue.

Tell me if you need some files in anything.

Thanks o/

In G1 and G2, there is no data in the data structure that tracks "language".
That tab's purpose is to help you generate a name of that language.

For Pokemon without different names across the European languages, it'll default to English.

(Also, the European languages can trade among themselves, so it's possible to have different languaged Pokemon in the saves.)

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Resolved] Different Pokemon language in the same save.

Ohhh uh I guess i didn't explained well, i was aware about Pokemon Files not getting the language flags, but i've thought that it was a flag related to the save itself and put to every Pokémon. I had doubts about a flag for the save more.

But if it's done by pkhex only for name generation, well it's fine.

Thanks o/

13 minutes ago, Vladcik said:

Ohhh uh I guess i didn't explained well, i was aware about Pokemon Files not getting the language flags, but i've thought that it was a flag related to the save itself and put to every Pokémon. I had doubts about a flag for the save more.

But if it's done by pkhex only for name generation, well it's fine.

Thanks o/

Even the save file doesn't have Language byte, which is why the european languages can actually swap saves among the same game!
(tho there is no legit way to do so XD )