HELP make Pinap Berry berserk-gene but if a flag is set

8 hours ago, Halfshadow said:

Is possible do it? Pinap berry or Spelon berry, berries that don't have a function should have the Berserk gene effect, but only if a flag is set, is possible?

Pretty sure the item Berserk Gene doesn't exist outside of Gen 2.

In Gen 3, there were special e-reader berries, which the data doesn't seem to originate in the rom, meaning it's added in. Maybe anyone who knows how it works can hack it in.

since you posted in the NDS forum, assuming it's gen 4 or 5. Not sure if berries can be edited to have different functionality..

• Like 1

I had the idea from the E-berry, but is for something different. Game freak din't restored Berserk gene in HG/SS, is an held item but for keep compatibility with other GEN IV games and retail HG/SS I want to do it over an existing item that can be afflicted by an ipotetic key item Berserk gene, then the item become restored as key item, that turn on or off the flag to make Pinap or Spelon berry the Berserk gene function... A flag that can be turned off when you enter in the linked battles like in the union room or the linked Battle frontier.

An item can have a function only if a flag is set however?

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Pretty sure the item Berserk Gene doesn't exist outside of Gen 2.

In Gen 3, there were special e-reader berries, which the data doesn't seem to originate in the rom, meaning it's added in. Maybe anyone who knows how it works can hack it in.

since you posted in the NDS forum, assuming it's gen 4 or 5. Not sure if berries can be edited to have different functionality..

My idea is make the Red chain a Berserk Gene key item replacing the Nugget in Cerulean water, that turns on or off a flag that can be read from the game to use the Spelon berry to works exactly like the old Berserk gene, a flag that turn off automatically when you enter into the union room or the linked battle frontier to avoid glitches if you fight against games that don't have the hacked item (and this is easy to do, you have only to add to clear the flag in the script to enter into) and I want to know where is the major difficulty, to do the Spelon Berry working like the Berserk Gene (have to be like Swagger) or working like it only if a flag is turned on? E-card berries replaced the placeholder Enigma Berry, Why a Spelon Berry couldn't be a "placeholder" to overwrite it only if a flag is set? Or maybe instead of a flag, The key item could do an e-berry like effect? Make the Spelon berry something like an e-berry? And erase the e-berry when you enter in the union room?