Powersaves help

YourFavoriteNeko

I was babysitting my moms friends son and let him play on my 3ds while I walked the dogs. When I got back he almost started crying and was apologizing(turns out he reset my game thinking it didn't delete it unless you saved like games i've let him play in the past). I (quite nobly in my opinion) resisted the urge to go into rage mode and told him it was fine. When I got home I luckily had a save backed up from when I was breeding(all hail quick egg hatch) I lost an hour or two of progress which doesn't bother me I actually wanted to soft reset a few legendaries for the shiny versions) but I also lost essentially all of my events that weren't in pokebank. I got most of them back but a few are giving me the wrong id or ot and after unsuccessfully trying to trade for them I don't know what to do. Am I missing something or am I just screwed until I manage to find a trade?

(please don't mention flashcarts, I'm in the process of getting one but it's going to be at least a few weeks and I have no intention of  getting homebrew in any other way unless a new exploit was found for the current version that does not require any purchasing or is time consuming)

Thanks

@YourFavoriteNeko as of writing, your post is titled "Powersaves help".

Spoiler

image.png

Nothing in your entire post has any direct relations to Powersaves.
Are you asking whether Powersaves can be used to modify and inject a save file, instead of using their codes?
[the answer to that is, no].

20 minutes ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

Am I missing something or am I just screwed until I manage to find a trade?

20 minutes ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

(please don't mention flashcarts, I'm in the process of getting one but it's going to be at least a few weeks and I have no intention of  getting homebrew in any other way unless a new exploit was found for the current version that does not require any purchasing or is time consuming)

These 2 quotes, right there.
If you're not willing to install CFW or Homebrew (so that you can dump your save to use PKHeX),
all you can do is wait for someone to hopefully trade you the real deal.

Alternatively, wait for Powersaves to update their software to provide the events you want, but even so they might not be legal,
when combined with your game and console region.

(Example, you decide to grab a event, but the event was only for JP region, but you redeemed it on your US region 3DS, hence illegal.)

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@YourFavoriteNeko as of writing, your post is titled "Powersaves help".

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Nothing in your entire post has any direct relations to Powersaves.
Are you asking whether Powersaves can be used to modify and inject a save file, instead of using their codes?
[the answer to that is, no].

These 2 quotes, right there.
If you're not willing to install CFW or Homebrew (so that you can dump your save to use PKHeX),
all you can do is wait for someone to hopefully trade you the real deal.

Alternatively, wait for Powersaves to update their software to provide the events you want, but even so they might not be legal,
when combined with your game and console region.

(Example, you decide to grab a event, but the event was only for JP region, but you redeemed it on your US region 3DS, hence illegal.)

My fault for not being clear, my question is some of the powersaves event codes do not have the proper ot/trainer id when I redeem them so is this set in stone on powersaves end or are certain variables(such as 3ds region, system time, etc) on my end effecting it in some way that fixing them will allow me to get the proper ot/trainer id on it completely with powersaves(And I do not mean manually editing ot/id. I am not 12 and it annoys me when people assume i'm asking a very obvious question that ignorance cannot be used as an excuse because of how obvious it is(probably almost as much as I assume it annoys you when people ask obvious questions :P) instead interpreting it the way I intended(I have aspergers and dyslexia so you can only imagine how often this happens), I have never thought it was possible to do anything besides whats in the codes list with powersaves without finding some sort of exploit. But what made me think it may be something on my end is that I've noticed that changing the games language will sometimes make events from other countries work properly(though even usa events sometimes have OT/id issues. Specifically some of the events I can't get to work.

Side note: it's not that i'm not willing to get homebrew, I just have a flashcart in the mail so it'd be a waste to go out and spend more money instead of just waiting for it to be delivered and I wanted to prevent needing to potentially say this at a later time.

18 minutes ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

some of the powersaves event codes do not have the proper ot/trainer id when I redeem them so is this set in stone

Then likely that means that Powersaves are using the wrong wonder cards for those particular instances, and I doubt anyone can do anything about it,
besides the technicians that's handling Powersaves at Datel.

Alternatively, you can trade them to someone to have the OT/ID fixed/repair, but in that case,
you might as well just find someone to trade you the actual events.

I've noticed that changing the games language will sometimes make events from other countries work properly

IIRC, back when I was using Powersaves, one receives the same events despite changing game language.
Maybe they finally implemented some events to follow your in-game language?

I just have a flashcart in the mail so it'd be a waste to go out and spend more money instead

What flashcart are you getting?
Depending on your answer, it might be able to help you install CFW.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Then likely that means that Powersaves are using the wrong wonder cards for those particular instances, and I doubt anyone can do anything about it,
besides the technicians that's handling Powersaves at Datel.

Alternatively, you can trade them to someone to have the OT/ID fixed/repair, but in that case,
you might as well just find someone to trade you the actual events.

IIRC, back when I was using Powersaves, one receives the same events despite changing game language.
Maybe they finally implemented some events to follow your in-game language?

What flashcart are you getting?
Depending on your answer, it might be able to help you install CFW.

If i'm remembering correctly its a R4i gold(Not sure how good it is but a friend had one and said it good worked for them. The installation seems easy enough, the only things i'm a bit confused on are the process of trading pokemon obtained from games on the flashcart to retail copys so they can be put into pokebank(i'm more talking about gba games that I was wanting to shiny hunt on and don't really want to use pkhex for so I can call them "legit" aswell as the tools needed to get saves off of my old gba cartridges and then into flashcart games (this one is probably easy to google). Also all events that i've tried are effected by the game language(aswell as dates are effected by your 3ds but I forget if this starts in s/m or us/um).

1 hour ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

If i'm remembering correctly its a R4i gold(Not sure how good it is but a friend had one and said it good worked for them

Based on this site, it seems correct, but then again, there is more than one kind of R4i gold cart,
so just be sure you have the right one. (there's a nice table of the carts that'll work)

1 hour ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

the only things i'm a bit confused on are the process of trading pokemon obtained from games on the flashcart to retail copys so they can be put into pokebank(i'm more talking about gba games

Given that we won't be talking about emulators and hacking tools, this is how the transfer process goes:

Gen 3 to 4: GBA slot in a NDS (retail and some gba flash carts*) -> NDS (retail or Flashcart)
Gen 4 to 5: NDS or 3DS (retail) -> NDS or 3DS (retail or Flashcart)
Gen 5 to 6/7: 3DS (retail) -> Pokebank

Based on the process above, you need to have a NDS or NDS lite, in order to transfer Pokemon from a GBA retail cart to Generation 4. (Pal Park receives the Pokemon using the gba slot. 3DS has no such slot.)
As you can see, in most scenarios, the 'sending' game has to be a retail cart.

So at this stage, the questions are:
1. Do you have a NDS or NDS lite?
2. Do you have at least one retail cart per generation, between Gen 3 to 5?
3. Do you have an active subscription of Pokemon Bank?

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Based on this site, it seems correct, but then again, there is more than one kind of R4i gold cart,
so just be sure you have the right one. (there's a nice table of the carts that'll work)

Given that we won't be talking about emulators and hacking tools, this is how the transfer process goes:

Gen 3 to 4: GBA slot in a NDS (retail and some gba flash carts*) -> NDS (retail or Flashcart)
Gen 4 to 5: NDS or 3DS (retail) -> NDS or 3DS (retail or Flashcart)
Gen 5 to 6/7: 3DS (retail) -> Pokebank

Based on the process above, you need to have a NDS or NDS lite, in order to transfer Pokemon from a GBA retail cart to Generation 4. (Pal Park receives the Pokemon using the gba slot. 3DS has no such slot.)
As you can see, in most scenarios, the 'sending' game has to be a retail cart.

So at this stage, the questions are:
1. Do you have a NDS or NDS lite?
2. Do you have at least one retail cart per generation, between Gen 3 to 5?
3. Do you have an active subscription of Pokemon Bank?

My goal was mainly to get the Pokemon from an emulator(and a couple from one of my cartridges) on my computer/one saved on my flashcart to black/white so if doable, using an emulator for the entire process is perfectly fine(I also checked the games I wanted saves/pokemon from and the batteries are dead in all of them that matter(rip shiny rayqauza) so I guess no physical copy until black/white or black/white 2 is needed anymore) :P

21 hours ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

My goal was mainly to get the Pokemon from an emulator(and a couple from one of my cartridges) on my computer/one saved on my flashcart to black/white so if doable, using an emulator for the entire process is perfectly fine(I also checked the games I wanted saves/pokemon from and the batteries are dead in all of them that matter(rip shiny rayqauza) so I guess no physical copy until black/white or black/white 2 is needed anymore) :P

The entire process can be done on emulator, no problems (mostly).

The only issue is that to transfer into Pokebank, you'll definitely need a retail cart of BW/B2W2.

With CFW, you'll be able to write transfer the save of your emu onto the retail Gen 5 cart, so no problems there.
(Alternatively, you can do that with a NDS and your flash cart. We should have the managing saves guides in our tutorials page)

If you Gen 3 carts are not bootleg copies, you'll still have your Pokemon, even if the battery died.
The battery was only used for time-keeping. (tho if you wanted to use them to RNG, the RNGing portion will be tedious)

On 7/1/2018 at 12:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

The entire process can be done on emulator, no problems (mostly).

The only issue is that to transfer into Pokebank, you'll definitely need a retail cart of BW/B2W2.

With CFW, you'll be able to write transfer the save of your emu onto the retail Gen 5 cart, so no problems there.
(Alternatively, you can do that with a NDS and your flash cart. We should have the managing saves guides in our tutorials page)

If you Gen 3 carts are not bootleg copies, you'll still have your Pokemon, even if the battery died.
The battery was only used for time-keeping. (tho if you wanted to use them to RNG, the RNGing portion will be tedious)

Thats strange, my save is gone and I know for a fact its a official copy. I must of deleted it at some point and forgot.

10 hours ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

Thats strange, my save is gone and I know for a fact its a official copy. I must of deleted it at some point and forgot.

Maybe it suffered from a memory glitch or something.

if you save a game on it now, completely power off and device, and power back on, and the save sticks around, it's definitely not a memory batt problem.

12 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Maybe it suffered from a memory glitch or something.

if you save a game on it now, completely power off and device, and power back on, and the save sticks around, it's definitely not a memory batt problem.

I actually tried this after my post and the save stayed, but then the next time I powered off and on it was gone again. I can only assume my cartridge is possessed by a ghost.

Edit: Though I did save again so that might have something to do with it

Edited by YourFavoriteNeko

1 minute ago, YourFavoriteNeko said:

I actually tried this after my post and the save stayed, but then the next time I powered off and on it was gone again. I can only assume my cartridge is possessed by a ghost.

Are you sure your save is a legit cart? It could have been a fake.
(If your RSEFRLG cart is grey, and not colored plastic, it's likely a fake.
RSE have clear colored plastic, and FRLG has opaque colored plastic)

I've also read that when a legit gba cart develop some kind of fault in the memory chip,
it'll act like a fake cart running out of save battery.

17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Are you sure your save is a legit cart? It could have been a fake.
(If your RSEFRLG cart is grey, and not colored plastic, it's likely a fake.
RSE have clear colored plastic, and FRLG has opaque colored plastic)

I've also read that when a legit gba cart develop some kind of fault in the memory chip,
it'll act like a fake cart running out of save battery.

I know for a fact its a legitimate copy. I think I actually still have the original packaging somewhere. I'll try replacing the battery at some point and see if it starts working like normal again.

unrelated: My flashcart order has been canceled multiple times by the website I was ordering from because of an "error" with the credit cards I tried using. I know they work as i've used them on other things after I placed the orders and no charges are on any of the cards and i've also received nothing. Its a bit annoying so i'm probably gunna give up on that site and order from www.nds-card.com. Are they as reputable as everyone says they are?

edit: I'm planning on getting this one https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Edited by YourFavoriteNeko