Jump to content

From Gen II to Gen I to Gen VII transfer


theycallmetracy
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, I was wondering what would happen if you get a Pokemon from a gen II then transferred it to a gen I game then again transferred it to a gen VII game. Will it display (on the gen VII game) as met in the Kanto or the Johto region?

The reason why I am asking this question is because I was wondering if it's possible to get a Mr. Mime to display as met in the Kanto region, without the "silly" nickname, as you can only get Mr. Mime from the gen I games from an in-game trade; while, you can catch Mr. Mime in the wild in the gen II games.

So, if I want to get a Mr. Mime to display as met in the Kanto region, will this method work? I've tested this on PKHex where I generated a Mr Mime without a nickname (with its hidden ability), met in a gen I game and it doesn't seem to detect any problems; however, I am unsure if this is considered "legal".

Edited by theycallmetracy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are correct.  If a Pokémon is traded from a gen 2 game to a gen 1 game it will display that the Pokémon was met in Kanto.  This is due to gens 1 and 2 not having data for what game the Pokémon originated in.  Lastly, the Pokémon will still be 100% legal since this can be done without glitches or hacking on native software.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

I know I'm late to the conversation on this one.

I was doing the same thing as OP but also whit shiny mins bred on crystal. I wanted to trade kanto mons back so they had the "met in kanto"

I just did the drag and drop between saves as it's quicker.

The only issue (If it is) I come across is when gen 2 are moved back to gen 1 I ctrl click the legal tick and the data recognises it as a gen 1 static mon instead of gen 2 egg hatch.

However when I move back a gen 2 with eggs moves, bulbasaur for example, pkhex recognises it as a gen 2 egg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

I know I'm late to the conversation on this one.

I was doing the same thing as OP but also whit shiny mins bred on crystal. I wanted to trade kanto mons back so they had the "met in kanto"

I just did the drag and drop between saves as it's quicker.

The only issue (If it is) I come across is when gen 2 are moved back to gen 1 I ctrl click the legal tick and the data recognises it as a gen 1 static mon instead of gen 2 egg hatch.

However when I move back a gen 2 with eggs moves, bulbasaur for example, pkhex recognises it as a gen 2 egg.

You might need to enable gen 2 tradeback moves when loading a gen 1 save

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That option is on. 

Settings > legality > GB allow gen 2 tradebacks.

I've uploaded two pics to help explain what I mean, if I'm not making sense.

1 is with no egg moves. Gen 1 trade back pkhex thinks its a rby static encounter possible starter mon.

2 is with petal dance egg move. Gen 1 trade back pkhex sees it as that. A trade back from Gen 2.

Any reason for this?  some pokemon like butterfree and beedrill don't learn egg moves and will be seen as Gen 1 pokemon. 

I was doing shiney breeding and am worried due to wild encounters in Gen 1 cant be shiny except a few.

Can anyone confirm if this occurs with legit transfers through a 3ds. Are some seen as a Gen 1 mon and not a trade back?

1623119395368788942282237039956.jpg

16231194632453949500784947689732.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

That option is on. 

Settings > legality > GB allow gen 2 tradebacks.

I've uploaded two pics to help explain what I mean, if I'm not making sense.

1 is with no egg moves. Gen 1 trade back pkhex thinks its a rby static encounter possible starter mon.

2 is with petal dance egg move. Gen 1 trade back pkhex sees it as that. A trade back from Gen 2.

Any reason for this?  some pokemon like butterfree and beedrill don't learn egg moves and will be seen as Gen 1 pokemon. 

I was doing shiney breeding and am worried due to wild encounters in Gen 1 cant be shiny except a few.

Can anyone confirm if this occurs with legit transfers through a 3ds. Are some seen as a Gen 1 mon and not a trade back?

1623119395368788942282237039956.jpg

16231194632453949500784947689732.jpg

upload the save that contains the mon, while legality analysis is helpful, there could be other factors on the mon that isn't in the legality analysis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could it be due the first bulby only having tackle and growl. It's not seen as inherited anything and therefore not seen as a breed pokemon?

 

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

upload the save that contains the mon, while legality analysis is helpful, there could be other factors on the mon that isn't in the legality analysis.

sav.dat

 

1 minute ago, LilSmooshy said:

Box 6 for reference

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, LilSmooshy said:

Could it be due the first bulby only having tackle and growl. It's not seen as inherited anything and therefore not seen as a breed pokemon?

I was just about to address this.

Erm, yeah? Gen 1 data structure for Pokemon is really small. It doesn't contain origin game byte, for example.
So PKHeX is really taking best guesses here. If it's a Bulbasaur with no egg moves, and has no moves to suggest it learned a move early (cause Gen 2 might have changed the move roster via leveling around), PKHeX has no way to identify that a mon was bred in Gen 2.

 

TL;DR: For Gen 1/Gen 2 entries, if the mon has no identifying features to show it was bred in Gen 2, and the mon is in a Gen 1 save, PKHeX would not think that it's bred in Gen 2.

Basically, there is no specific byte in the data that labels the mon as a Gen 1 mon or Gen 2 mon. What determines it, would be the circumstances surrounding it. (Such as what level is it at, what moves does it have, what game is it in, caught location [only applies to Crystal], etc)

 

Also, please stop multiposting. If you got any new information, and your latest post is unanswered, edit the information into that post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 9:56 AM, LilSmooshy said:

I know I'm late to the conversation on this one.

I was doing the same thing as OP but also whit shiny mins bred on crystal. I wanted to trade kanto mons back so they had the "met in kanto"

I just did the drag and drop between saves as it's quicker.

The only issue (If it is) I come across is when gen 2 are moved back to gen 1 I ctrl click the legal tick and the data recognises it as a gen 1 static mon instead of gen 2 egg hatch.

However when I move back a gen 2 with eggs moves, bulbasaur for example, pkhex recognises it as a gen 2 egg.

A little different to this.

the catch rate when transferring up. Only noticeable when viewed in Pkhex.

I have a dragonite. Caught a VC yellow dratini in the safari zone. This mon has catch rate of 45. When evolved to dragonite it keeps the same catch rate and pkhex says its illegal. 

I'm guessing that's a false positive due to yellow and r/b having diff catch rates.

I know a dragonite in yellow has a catch rate of 9 however you can't catch a wild one. A dragonair with a catch rate of 27 I believe and can be caught and evolved. Pkhex says that dragonite is lega when i tested that.

Do you know the reason the other mon is flagged as illegal?

I've transferred through the poketransporter to home as I'm under the belief it's a false positive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...