[Resolved] Looking For a Pokemon White 2 Save File

I'm just looking for a save file of Pokemon White 2 that has just beaten the seventh gym. (Where the story starts to take off) Nothing Special.
My save got corrupted some how.
Idc about any of the save file details. It can have any Pokemon, any name, I just really want to beat this game without starting over...

Edited by GamerKid303

Sorry, I have only a complete White 2 save... But have you tried to discovery if also the backup of your save file is corrupted? Pokémon games have in the sav file a second copy, with the previous saving, if you save your progress the previous become the backup, maybe you could restart from the previous, you'll have to hack it with an hexadecimal editor, otherwise you could try to force the opening with tools and maybe you could also recovery it. As example was possible with the GEN I and II saves, forcing the opening with Pikasav.

5 hours ago, Halfshadow said:

Sorry, I have only a complete White 2 save... But have you tried to discovery if also the backup of your save file is corrupted? Pokémon games have in the sav file a second copy, with the previous saving, if you save your progress the previous become the backup, maybe you could restart from the previous, you'll have to hack it with an hexadecimal editor, otherwise you could try to force the opening with tools and maybe you could also recovery it. As example was possible with the GEN I and II saves, forcing the opening with Pikasav.

Thanks so much for the reply. It seems even the backup save is still corrupted. I tried everything but nothing. It always crashes in the cutscence with Drayden and Team Plasma. Right when the story was at it's peak...

12 minutes ago, wejhvabewjty said:

Do you have any save backup? Or any save state? If you can load an earlier save state you should be able to recover the save. If you used PKHeX with it, you may have a backup of the save in its folder.

I tried all my save states and back up saves  but no dice.So I'm think the save file got messed up way earlier in the game.

1 minute ago, wejhvabewjty said:

So loading the save state and then saving didn't work? Maybe someone can help about this if you upload the corrupted save.

Heres an earlier save state I reloaded, just before I fought Drayden. I tried saving and reloaded but the same cutsence with team Plazma always screws up.

Pokemon White 2.sav

55 minutes ago, Halfshadow said:

IMHO this isn't a save file problem, but an emulation bug, IMHO is obvious if happen with a cutscene... Cutscenes are always boring in a lot of different games with their emulation issues.

But I even tried using DSiMenu++ on 3DS. It runs games though the SD card very similar to a flashcart so it doesn't use emulation what so ever. Even then the event won't trigger.

Edited by GamerKid303

Dang, so theres no way I can just make another save up to the seventh gym? Like using some kind of save editor? Because I'm not really on board starting over...and I'm curious to see how the game plays out. I looked all over the internet for a save up to that point but nothing...

Well I've been trying for two days straight but nothing, so I think it's fair to give up now. I'm just gonna download a completed save and just watch a play through of the last portion of the game ig. But if anyone happens to be playing the game again, it'd greatly appreciate it if you shared your save once you got up to the seventh gym. But thanks for all the replies regardless.

I loaded your save and after the 3 guys from Team Plasma left, the screen goes black.

EDIT: I'll run it with an actual cart. Hopefully it will work this way.

EDIT 2: Same black screen as before. The save is probably lost.

Edited by wejhvabewjty

@GamerKid303 have you used any cheat codes with this game? Or did you try to jump the storyline?

You probably used a bad code, which flipped the flag for Drayden.
Drayden threw out and withdrew his Haxorus, despite NPC character not displayed on screen.
(that's probably a symptom of the issue)
image.png

If anyone else has a save that's around the same playthrough, I can use their flags, stitch it into your save, and salvage your save.

edit 1: My restoration plan is going well.
image.png

edit 2: Save salvaged! Use this save!
test4.sav

For those interested in how I did it:

Spoiler

1. Make copies of the 'corrupt save', known as [1] and [2]
2. I took the Flag data from a Base save and pasted the block into [1], using a hex editor. (offset for save structures here).
3. Keep a copy of this save, known as [before]
4. Load [before] onto PKHeX, then export the modified corrupt save. (to fix checksums)
5. Played on [before], till right after the point hang/freeze, then export the save as [after]
6. Load [before] as Load Old and load [after] as Load New onto PKHeX (as seen below).
Also copy the constants onto Notepad. (the changes are as seen below)
image.png

7. Now, set these changes back into [2] using PKHeX.

Save now fixed! You have your existing story flags kept, and changed the ones you just accomplished!

(walk through walls code may be required at some parts of the process, since some part of the narrative is technically not playable at the start of the game. Remember, the flag data was copied from a fresh game)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Resolved] Looking For a Pokemon White 2 Save File
8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@GamerKid303 have you used any cheat codes with this game? Or did you try to jump the storyline?

You probably used a bad code, which flipped the flag for Drayden.
Drayden threw out and withdrew his Haxorus, despite NPC character not displayed on screen.
(that's probably a symptom of the issue)
image.png

If anyone else has a save that's around the same playthrough, I can use their flags, stitch it into your save, and salvage your save.

edit 1: My restoration plan is going well.
image.png

edit 2: Save salvaged! Use this save!
test4.sav

For those interested in how I did it:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Make copies of the 'corrupt save', known as [1] and [2]
2. I took the Flag data from a Base save and pasted the block into [1], using a hex editor. (offset for save structures here).
3. Keep a copy of this save, known as [before]
4. Load [before] onto PKHeX, then export the modified corrupt save. (to fix checksums)
5. Played on [before], till right after the point hang/freeze, then export the save as [after]
6. Load [before] as Load Old and load [after] as Load New onto PKHeX (as seen below).
Also copy the constants onto Notepad. (the changes are as seen below)
image.png

7. Now, set these changes back into [2] using PKHeX.

Save now fixed! You have your existing story flags kept, and changed the ones you just accomplished!

(walk through walls code may be required at some parts of the process, since some part of the narrative is technically not playable at the start of the game. Remember, the flag data was copied from a fresh game)

Wow, you actually have no idea how much you've helped me. I knew it was a problem with flags and event checks but I had no idea how to fix it! Thank you so much! Now I can finally see what the game has to offer for myself!

• 6 months later...