A question regarding original OT affection

wejhvabewjty

So I was analyzing my Sun save and I realized that one of the Pokémon I did all the 6th generation contests with was being flagged as illegal. I decided to look into my save backups and found a backup before any contests were done and another one after that. After the contests, orginal OT affection went from 0 to 140. All the backups I found after that point show its value back to 0 because probably due to trading with PKHeX between games. Did older versions reset the mentioned value to 0 when trading from one save to the other?

The first picture is from the original save, without the contests done. The second one is after the contests had been done. The third one is when it was traded (using PKHeX) from the Alpha Sapphire save to an Omega Ruby save (that has the same OT).

Screenshot.thumb.PNG.44c08931791fae2d7788b9e2c36e034f.PNG

Edited by wejhvabewjty
Grammar

It shouldn't be flagged on the latest commits (since March 28th, so this is included in the latest & prior release binaries).

Each contest participation grants 20 OT affection regardless of who is the current handler. This 'fact' was unknown to the community; before this, PKHeX had cleared the OT Affection when 'fixing' memory data. Now with it known, PKHeX doesn't clear the affection on synth-trade, and permits n*20 | 255 OT affection on past gen pkm.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

It shouldn't be flagged on the latest commits (since March 28th, so this is included in the latest & prior release binaries).

Each contest participation grants 20 OT affection regardless of who is the current handler. This 'fact' was unknown to the community; before this, PKHeX had cleared the OT Affection when 'fixing' memory data. Now with it known, PKHeX doesn't clear the affection on synth-trade, and permits n*20 | 255 OT affection on past gen pkm.

I see. It makes sense because those saves are from early-mid 2017. Thanks for clearing that up.