Archived Sticky: Event Contribution Collection

Sabresite

"POKESAV WILL NOT WORK WITH HEARTGOLD & SOULSILVER MYSTERY GIFT WONDER CARDS"

So I have two questions arising.

I hope someone understands what I am asking cause it is bit badly worded in my opinion.

Both.

Sounds perfectly fine to me. And for the 50th time, both PokeSavs do NOT save the Wonder Card PCDs correctly when opening an HG/SS Save.

POKESAV WILL NOT WORK WITH HEARTGOLD & SOULSILVER MYSTERY GIFT WONDER CARDS

Mew1.pngMew2.png

Card ID: 53

Card Title: きんぎん10しゅうねん ミュウ (Gold & Silver 10th Anniversary Mew)

Card Comment: ポケモンきんぎん 10しゅうねんを

いわって まぼろしのポケモン

ミュウを プレゼント!

フレンドリィショップで うけとったら

かならず レポ-トを かこう!

Pokemon Icon 2: 151

Date Card Received: 2009/11/11

Distribution Value & Game: 8001 (HG/SS)

THanks for the contribution! Fast, too.

But people need to quit extracting the pkm file before the Pokemon has even been generated...

Yes, using Poryhack's PCD safe, you can load the WC in the game, but you won't have the actual mystery gift unless you use Pokesav. There's another event flag in the save that needs to be activated. And the Pokesav provided by Trip4004 is the version 0.02, it may have the mystery gift edit enabled but why do you think COM removed event edition in version 0.03a ?

Question:

Is it currently possible to insert a HG/SS wondercard into a HG/SS save file?

From reading this thread, apparently Pokesav won't work (why?), so are there other methods like AR codes, hex editing, etc.?

Pokesav won't work because COM hasn't added that functionality to his HGSS Pokesav. It's not a hard thing to do, but I guess he just doesn't care that much. Hex editing is always an option, and a code was posted a page or so back.

Hex editing is always an option, and a code was posted a page or so back.

Could someone tell me what values I have to hex edit, and how to change the checksum to be valid?

Sabresite said that using the posted AR code will make the event pokemon illegal. I don't know why, so if someone can tell me, that would also be appreciated.

First posting but I have the last three events that I personally obtained:

WiFi Member Card

WiFi Oak's Letter

TRU Arceus (just went this afternoon)

All are likely repeats but these are legit (from my Platinum) and may be helpful

I just recieved my NDS Adaptor (EMS) this week and it is great! It does backups and uploads seamlessly.

Regards,

testoc

Lol, seems like you swapped Member Card with Oak's Letter!

When I load your Member Card, it get Oak's Letter, and when I load your Oak's Letter, I get Member Card!