Archived Sticky: Event Contribution Collection

Sabresite

052-0.png052-1.png052-3.png

Event Name: WCS2010 Shiny Eevee

Card ID: 52

Card Title: ぎんのイーブイ プレゼント (Silver Eevee Present)

Card Comment: イベントに きてくれて ありがとう。

きねんに いろちがいの ぎんに

かがやく イーブイを プレゼント!

どのタイプに しんかさせるかは

キミしだいだ!

Pokemon Icon 2: 133

Date Card Received: 2010/1/11

Distribution Value & Game: 8001 (HG&SS)

052-2.png

052 Silver Eevee Present.zip

052 Silver Eevee Present.zip

Edited by Nigoli

Thanks a lot Nigoli !

EDIT: Is it normal that this event has hex values ? (46h = F4 ; 47h = 0B)

It should have Hidden Hex, I'm just not sure which values.

Hi,

For WC Jirachi Gamstp U.S., it is legit?

Because it has not been distributed yet and I have not understood your dialog rom ...

I can extract any dates in any quiet or not?

Thank you in advance!

The WC should be fine. Some Gamestop employees and even some normal customers were able to get it earlier than usual.

Why does it should ? I was thinking that events pokemon should have all their hex values at 00.

No. Just like ordinary Pokemon, an event Pokemon from Platinum/HG/SS will have Hidden Hex. They take the value from the location where they were obtained i.e. Pokemon Event in this case.

No. Just like ordinary Pokemon, an event Pokemon from Platinum/HG/SS will have Hidden Hex. They take the value from the location where they were obtained i.e. Pokemon Event in this case.

Okay ! Thanks for those precisions ! Effectively I retake a look at the "Preston's Guide to 44h, 45h, 46h, 47h, 85h, and 86h Values" and all it's clear now ;)

Not sure if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it in the collection file. So here's USA GameStop Deoxys. I know it's legit as I received it at GameStop back when it was being given out.

Also, I have a question about some files. For event items, are the pgt files the same in all countries?

So!

I found out there's a bug in the Pokémon Distribution Patcher.

It seems not to set the version distribution correctly.

Everytime I try and set it to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, I get an error when I try to read the data from the rom.

I found out that the version distribution limit is at offset 0005DC50 08 and 09.

So since it doesn't seem to work quite properly with the patcher, I recommend hex editing it manually.

So yeah, after further research it does seem to be located on offset 0005DC50, bytes 08 and 09.

So since it doesn't seem to work quite properly with the patcher, I recommend hex editing it manually.

There's also WCDPatcher by MicShadow over at GBAtemp.net. It lets you change the header, description, distribution limit, etc. However it doesn't let you change the date range; it just removes the date requirement.

I don't like that one.

It doesn't even work, it crashes when I try to patch.

Also, it doesn't let me have all five versions allowed for distribution, and it doesn't let us have only either HG or SS for distribution.

There's also that "local distribution" which no one seems to know what the hell it does.

I don't like that one.

It doesn't even work, it crashes when I try to patch.

Also, it doesn't let me have all five versions allowed for distribution, and it doesn't let us have only either HG or SS for distribution.

There's also that "local distribution" which no one seems to know what the hell it does.

True about the version distribution, I guess (although I believe the program does let you enter any value you want in place of the provided options, and it will use that value instead; eg. 801D). It's never crashed on me, though. But it does suits my needs quite well as all I want to do is insert a different wondercard and alter the header and description. I want to keep my *.sav files looking as legitimate as possible, so I never directly edit them with Pokesav, and I've never used an AR on them. Also, I don't want to have Wonder Cards in a save which they couldn't originally have been recieved to (ie. Member Card or Oak's Letter in Diamond or Pearl). So I just set everything else to "no change".

But I'm sure if you PM'd MicShadow with the hex values for distribution to each version (and all 5) he'd create an updated version. I once saw a thread (I think on here) that elaborated on the structure of wonder card files, but I haven't been able to find it again so I'm not sure of all those hex values myself or I'd send the message. Do you know that thread, by any chance?

Edited by AtomicGreymon