Archived Sticky: Event Contribution Collection

Sabresite

Guess what I got a few weeks early.

[ATTACH]3577[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3578[/ATTACH]

Both are Legit.

The PCD of that Pichu is one hex value off from being identical to the PCDs for the same event uploaded previously by 2 other users... though I'm sure that's due to the fact it reports in Pokesav as being recieved February 6th instead of January 13th.

How'd you get the Jirachi so early? I think I'll still wait until the official beginning of the giveaway to distribute it to my game (for the appearance of as much legitimacy as possible), but it's still cool to have it so early.

He got it early because places like Pokemon Secure and others already have the distribution ROM. I haven't looked at it, but they might both be on the same ROM even.

Well, I wonder how they get it then, lol; unless one of their members works for Gamestop or something. I seriously doubt a Nintendo Employee that made that available would be around for long. Seems you have to join their community to even look at it. I'd be interested to see if the distribution thing has changed much.

You are correct sabre, the Pichu cart they are using also has the Jirachi in it, and when their DS's internal date rolls over to the 27, it will start distributing Jirachi.

These files are perfectly legit though, all I did was ask them to change their DS's internal date to the 27th, for a few minutes so I could download a Jirachi.

However, it undoubtely is a genuine distribution rom.

How else would they have been able to get a distribution rom that holds two wondercards?

That, added with the fact that it has a different serial code than the Deoxys rom, is why it is genuine.

There are currently 3 revisions of the distro ROM so far.

1st is the Single distribution ROM, the Deoxys distro.

2nd is the Multi-Language distribution ROM, the European Shaymin distro.

3rd is the Double Pokemon distribution ROM, the Pichu and Jirachi distro.

All are considerably different from each other.

Well, there is more than just that Pingouin7. There is also the title name, and the fact that the data.bin file no longer holds the WCs. The WCs are two separate files, and because the data.bin file no longer has WC data that means Nintendo had to have changed the arm9 binary file in order for the ROM to know where to look for the WC data. Also, the 4 byte code that tells the ROM what region games can receive it, is no longer in the "ggid.dat" file it is now contained within the arm9 binary file.

Oh, what i would do to get a hold of that rom and scan through the data myself, and I don't mean the data posted where ever on the net. I mean have the distro rom in my hand and actually look through it. (Omg person, you probably know my Fiance if your from vegas.)

But in the interum... Where might i look at the data?

I was under the impression that the English & Europe was US/UK/AU/EU.
It goes down to the game codes. Nintendo's 1st and 2nd party NDS titles in the US and Australia use xxxE branded games, while the UK and Europe use xxxP branded games.

This is why Australia got WiFi events at the same time as the US, and why the Mystery From Space Deoxys from Gamestop will work here even though it never came here.

Well, I wonder how they get it then, lol; unless one of their members works for Gamestop or something. I seriously doubt a Nintendo Employee that made that available would be around for long. Seems you have to join their community to even look at it. I'd be interested to see if the distribution thing has changed much.

A Secure member by the name of pkmzbreeder works for Gamestop, he got the ROM or such weeks ago if that answers that question.

EDIT: Why did someone upload yet another PCP pkm file? One has already been uploaded.

Well, there is more than just that Pingouin7. There is also the title name, and the fact that the data.bin file no longer holds the WCs. The WCs are two separate files, and because the data.bin file no longer has WC data that means Nintendo had to have changed the arm9 binary file in order for the ROM to know where to look for the WC data. Also, the 4 byte code that tells the ROM what region games can receive it, is no longer in the "ggid.dat" file it is now contained within the arm9 binary file.

Thats for compatibility with DSi's ;)

I have a question.

Why does the 10th Anniversary (< sorry if I didn't spell it properly) Mew says Jan, 0, 2000 when you get it by saving the .PKM file?

It also says Egg apparently hatched at Jan, 0, 2000; or something like that. Sorry if I'm a lil' nubby :(xD.

Edited by WiiLegend
Added Specifications