Convert English Pokemon Leaf Green Save file

I was wondering if there is anyway to convert my English Pokemon Leaf Green save file to a Japanese save file. What I'm trying to do is backup my English Leaf Green game and put that onto my Japanese Leaf Green game. Whenever I try to do it without doing anything to the save it corrupts the save and makes me create a new save. It works with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire without doing anything special to it, but it doesn't work with Leaf Green or Fire Red. I'm using an R4 and the GBA Backup Tool. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

8 hours ago, furhious said:

I was wondering if there is anyway to convert my English Pokemon Leaf Green save file to a Japanese save file. What I'm trying to do is backup my English Leaf Green game and put that onto my Japanese Leaf Green game. Whenever I try to do it without doing anything to the save it corrupts the save and makes me create a new save. It works with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire without doing anything special to it, but it doesn't work with Leaf Green or Fire Red. I'm using an R4 and the GBA Backup Tool. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

Try using VBA, launch the Japanese ROM and then load the English save battery file. Then save the game, and try and inject that save file.

3 hours ago, Gridelin said:

Try using VBA, launch the Japanese ROM and then load the English save battery file. Then save the game, and try and inject that save file.

When I tried that it does the same thing, just corrupts the file.