LGPE - PokeBall Plus Mew

theSLAYER

On 6/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

3. It's not like they can give a Pokemon from Gen 2 and above XD

Yeah, they can. It's common knowledge that all Pokémon games in the main series have the data for every species ever stored in them. It wouldn' be hard to just MAKE THEM ENCOUNTERABLE. Seriously. I could make a FR/LG ROM hack in under an hour that gives the player access to all of the species in the game without modifying anything but the maps' wild encounter data. It's so freaking simple.

2 hours ago, Birdstar said:

Yeah, they can. It's common knowledge that all Pokémon games in the main series have the data for every species ever stored in them. It wouldn' be hard to just MAKE THEM ENCOUNTERABLE. Seriously. I could make a FR/LG ROM hack in under an hour that gives the player access to all of the species in the game without modifying anything but the maps' wild encounter data. It's so freaking simple.

I do hope that they program every species inside, but then again, not allowing higher gen Pokemon to be transferred from PGo, reduced my expectation for that.

After all, this isn't Gen 3, unlike the example you listed.
This is a game that breaks some boundaries and traditions regarding traditional Pokemon game design,
and they could easily remove unused Pokemon models (just like how they tried to dummy out unused Pokemon in SM demos),
if they do not plan to allow it to have newer Pokemon :(

Granted, even though the main models of newer Pokemon weren't in the SM demo, they did a bad job leaving some data leftover and was able to be datamined,
but that data wouldn't be usable in the game in the sense of normal gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 12:47 AM, theSLAYER said:

This is a game that breaks some boundaries and traditions regarding traditional Pokemon game design,
and they could easily remove unused Pokemon models (just like how they tried to dummy out unused Pokemon in SM demos),
if they do not plan to allow it to have newer Pokemon :(

That's a fair point but still, knowing how stuff like ORAS or FRLG work, or even those SM walking model you mentioned, they probably will anyway.

• Like 1

Before we proceed further, I need to express this:
I do want there to be future connectivity for newer Pokemon to pop up in LGPE.
I would love the games to be able to be patched and expand beyond Gen 1 Pokemon.

Below are just reasons to why your logic doesn't hold up. It doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.
Let's go:

27 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

ORAS

ORAS was programmed with XY connectivity in mind, and the connectivity announced.
Based on that, of course Gen 1-6 creatures will be there.

29 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

or FRLG

FRLG was a remake, and granted, I don't think it expressively announced connectivity to RS,
but you are talking about a game that was released on the same device as RS. On that basis alone, LGPE is different as:
1. it said it'll be 151 only, and 2. it's on a different device, despite being same generation (7).

The game is too old (Gen 3) to be used as a basis of argument, especially since GF spiced things up with the prev 2 generations.

31 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

or even those SM walking model

I think this is a better example. It would make sense that they were using it as tests, yet they didn't scrub it.
Hopefully, as unlikely as it is, they have remnants of Gen 7 creatures (or even Gen 8 development) left behind in LGPE,
even if they're primarily unusable in the main game.

It'll give us stuff to look forward to :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Given that it's a "Poke Ball" gift, I expect it to be in Poke Ball.

As for moves, I'll say given that you can acquire one at the start of the game,
it probably is low level and have the standards moves for that level :/

Ughhh if I want multiples Im gonna have to ask people on reddit to clone it for me😂😂

39 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

this was a very quick animation of receiving the gift 😕
any wondercard attached?

it's Lv. 5 with Pound -.-v

I’ll only know tomorrow night (ya to midnight launch)

well, that’s to be expected honestly.. perhaps the card is preloaded in the ball? It appears the ball can hold some information/data..

It's Lv. 1 actually and has Pound as Move. Poké Ball is a normal Poké Ball. OT Name and ID No. matches Trainer's. Oh yeah, 3 IVs seem to be MAX. That's all I figured out. An internet connection was required to redeem it, so the gift must have come from the Server... it's a real Mystery Gift with a Wonder Card with the text "You got Mew!" and "Mythical Pokémon Mew Gift" in the header line (which is now on the bottom) with a time stamp. The received Pokémon goes straight into the Pokémon Box.

Edit: 
Check @SciresM's Twitter for more information:

Edited by ajxpk

Can multiple profiles obtain the mew then? Or is it just the first save that uses it?

Edit: Ninja'd by that edit. Looks like it might be for all saves then? Neat.  Actually read what Kirzi said about that flag, so I'm curious if it is still.

Edited by Britty

50 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

omg it isn't worth to buy the pokeball for such a mess mew -.-

it was for me.

I was able to teach it random TMs I got from NPCs while playing.
Otherwise, I normally wouldn't play with a Mew at the end of the game play.
(to an extent, I'm salty that getting Meltan is rather late)

Besides, I was originally gonna buy the Ball Plus anyway, the Mew simply sealed the deal for me.
(I like the Ball plus, been playing with it so far)

• Like 1

Mew is THE mythical Pokémon. Since when are mythical Pokémon worthless? Just because it doesn’t have a Special Move, Hidden Ability, isn’t Shiny? 😮

People keep talking about the price (50$) which is not even for the Mew, it’s for the Poké Ball Plus itself. It was made for children and I believe children will love it. At least when I was a child I would have loved it. Considering the price for useless toys these days I consider this one at least being somewhat useful. You can use it as a controller for this game and it works with Pokémon Go, like it spins PokéStops for you which is convenience. And those who don’t like it that much and just got it for the Mew can sell it, so what’s the problem? ;)

As a kid I started playing Pokémon with Gen 1 and in those days you were only able to get Mew locally, which means for most people that you had to travel. Also there have been many events over the time where you had to watch a movie or even fly somewhere with ANA, participate in some events, buy magazines to get a ticket to only have a chance to get an event, where you had to win drawings and contests. Sometimes you had to buy another game like an early version of Colosseum for Celebi in Japan or in the U.S. to get Jirachi... Pokémon Ranger for Manaphy is another example. Or how about the Virtual Console Mew were you had to buy a limited 2DS? (100$ Mew, lol)

If the Poké Ball Plus is considered a paywall you might as well call all these things “paywalls”. But the thing is paying real life money in order to get an event is nothing new and it made events special since it was not so easy to obtain them. The real problem I feel is rather that there is no other way to get Mew. You have to communicate with their server which means getting Mew from the Poké Ball Plus might be in fact time limited as it has been previously stated. You can’t transfer Mew from Go or from Pokémon Bank, which really doesn’t make sense to me and I hope in the future there will be other ways to get Mew.

Edited by ajxpk
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Because it’s not there. You wouldn’t even be able to inject it at this point.

pkhex is already out for the switch games...........

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

would you rather a PKM file? :3

yea sure. Im just interested to see how it looks when traveling with u l

Edited by phillyrider807

@phillyrider807 PLEASE don't double post.

When ajxpk meant is that for those games, the wonder card apparently isn't stored on the save.
If the users DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY receives the gift upon redemption, there is no reason to save the wonder card on the save.
Thus, you can't inject what which does not exist.

Here is the PB7:

151 - Mew - 9872CB42B168.pb7

• Like 1