LGPE - PokeBall Plus Mew

theSLAYER

Ahh, looks like you can't control the nature for Mew. (and probably all mystery gifts) That's extremely disappointing, especially since it's one mew per ball. (Because I absolutely would keep resetting my file until I got Timid mew lol)

This is going to be really annoying for any future events that you might actually want a decent nature on for competitive reasons. Bottlecaps are great, but random natures....Man.  I hope most of the events get nature locked because this is terrible if you don't edit. 

5 hours ago, Britty said:

Ahh, looks like you can't control the nature for Mew. (and probably all mystery gifts) That's extremely disappointing, especially since it's one mew per ball. (Because I absolutely would keep resetting my file until I got Timid mew lol)

This is going to be really annoying for any future events that you might actually want a decent nature on for competitive reasons. Bottlecaps are great, but random natures....Man.  I hope most of the events get nature locked because this is terrible if you don't edit. 

Yeah I am not sure there is a way to SR. Hopefully they come up with a better way.  I hope the next game as all of the features of a full Pokemon game.

• Like 2

Why am I not surprised that people are actually defending Mew being locked behind a $50 paywall. 9_9

That you can obtain it as "just a nice bonus" from the Pokéball controller is one thing, it would be just that, a nice bonus, but specifically preventing you from transferring Mew over from GO just proves that Nintendo's intent is on money grabbing, not offering nice bonuses.

Edited by Guest

why am I surprised that people are salty that it's "locked behind paywall".

The enforcement is locked by Pokemon Go/Niantic:
You can't trade or transfer Mythical Pokemon, as they only get one per account, and won't get extras (excluding Meltan)
[I forgot about Deoxys. But they didn't remove the Trade ban on Deoxys, so my point at least partially stands,
that they block Mythical trades]

If people could get MORE than one Mew, and they continue to enforce that, then I'll wholeheartedly agree with you.

But for now, the transfer-lock is done by Niantic, not GF.

• Like 1

It's really only a "paywall" if you're getting the pokeball exclusively for Mew.  It's intended to replace the "Go Plus" peripheral, which costs around $20 USD.

In my opinion, it's worth the extra $30 from the Go Plus because of the LGPE in-game bonuses that you will get from using it with Pokemon Go. The fact your pokemon will spin pokemon stops for you automatically is incredibly lucrative to me, especially because having to push the button on the peripheral or look down at my phone may be considered rude depending on what I'm doing while I'm out. It also doubles as a controller for the game, which I do find nice. (And controllers for the switch vary from $25 for the classic controller to like $75 for joycons or the Smash Brother controller)

As for the "paywall" price, it's really not that bad compared to some other ones. I know I'm jaded since I've been playing for 20 years, but wish I could've gotten Mew for $50 back in 1998. As far as I remember, you needed to win a giveaway to obtain one. It was gameshark (which was probably around $30) or bust since the Mew glitch wasn't going to be discovered for another 5 years. But for real paywalls... Some serial codes go for over $100 on eBay even on the day they were going to expire. (am I still salty I didn't get to buy this code because of the price? Probably)  Any real life events (which is pretty much exclusively how Japan gives out it's mythical pokemon per gen. Gotta go to the movies to get Zeraora) will cost you something to attend. It could be next to nothing if it's local, or it could cost several thousand dollars because of airfare + lodging.

For this Mew, my issue is more that it only once, rather than once per profile. If you buy both games, it's probably not worth getting a second one unless someone else in your household plays Pokemon Go. I imagine this will end up being an item scalpers will pick up if there is no end date distribution, as only unused ones will contain the Mew still. (See: Pokemon Ranger which the cheapest new English copy costing $150 USD on eBay. This is the only way to get a manaphy with your OT, and if the manaphy egg was claimed from the game already, no way to get a second one. You need to use external tools to erase the save so you can obtain another one if you purchase it used.) 

Edited by Britty
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, kingbily said:

Mew can only be transferred ONE TIME, into one copy of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!. Once it has been transferred to a game, it will no longer be available on the Poké Ball Plus to transfer again to a different game.

To be more precise, an eligible Poke Ball Plus can only transfer the Mystery Gift once, to a single copy of the game, to a single account.
(Creating multiple accounts on your Switch to have more saves won't bypass this limitation)
[Think of this as how unique Serial Codes (not common codes) can only be used once, same concept.]

However, you can get more Mews by buying more unused eligible Poke Ball Plus.

(by eligible, I am referring to Poke Ball Plus that come bundled with the Mew.
Official announcements said that the promotion is only for a limited time only.
Not sure if the "limited time" has already elapsed, though.)

Is it possible to clarify the CP of mew? the one I downloaded from here has CP 4006. however I traded it and it became CP 7 or 9 I can't remember. the screenshot above shows a CP of 2. what should be the most likely range of mew's CP?

4 hours ago, cc9 said:

Is it possible to clarify the CP of mew? the one I downloaded from here has CP 4006. however I traded it and it became CP 7 or 9 I can't remember. the screenshot above shows a CP of 2. what should be the most likely range of mew's CP?

Mew comes at Level 1, untrained. theSLAYER's copy on the Event Gallery as well as the one in my RoC's PC Collection has a UT (untouched) CP of 2.

A Max IV and AV Mew at Level 1 has 2450 CP, yours is probably leveled or edited in PKHeX without fixing the CP?

• Like 1