LGPE - PokeBall Plus Mew

theSLAYER

On 6/20/2018 at 12:47 AM, theSLAYER said:

This is a game that breaks some boundaries and traditions regarding traditional Pokemon game design,
and they could easily remove unused Pokemon models (just like how they tried to dummy out unused Pokemon in SM demos),
if they do not plan to allow it to have newer Pokemon :(

That's a fair point but still, knowing how stuff like ORAS or FRLG work, or even those SM walking model you mentioned, they probably will anyway.

• Like 1

Before we proceed further, I need to express this:
I do want there to be future connectivity for newer Pokemon to pop up in LGPE.
I would love the games to be able to be patched and expand beyond Gen 1 Pokemon.

Below are just reasons to why your logic doesn't hold up. It doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.
Let's go:

27 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

ORAS

ORAS was programmed with XY connectivity in mind, and the connectivity announced.
Based on that, of course Gen 1-6 creatures will be there.

29 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

or FRLG

FRLG was a remake, and granted, I don't think it expressively announced connectivity to RS,
but you are talking about a game that was released on the same device as RS. On that basis alone, LGPE is different as:
1. it said it'll be 151 only, and 2. it's on a different device, despite being same generation (7).

The game is too old (Gen 3) to be used as a basis of argument, especially since GF spiced things up with the prev 2 generations.

31 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

or even those SM walking model

I think this is a better example. It would make sense that they were using it as tests, yet they didn't scrub it.
Hopefully, as unlikely as it is, they have remnants of Gen 7 creatures (or even Gen 8 development) left behind in LGPE,
even if they're primarily unusable in the main game.

It'll give us stuff to look forward to :)

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, shay123 said:

I wonder what moves it has and if its in a cherish ball?

Given that it's a "Poke Ball" gift, I expect it to be in Poke Ball.

As for moves, I'll say given that you can acquire one at the start of the game,
it probably is low level and have the standards moves for that level :/

• Ashamed 1

43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Given that it's a "Poke Ball" gift, I expect it to be in Poke Ball.

As for moves, I'll say given that you can acquire one at the start of the game,
it probably is low level and have the standards moves for that level :/

Ughhh if I want multiples Im gonna have to ask people on reddit to clone it for me😂😂

39 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

this was a very quick animation of receiving the gift 😕
any wondercard attached?

it's Lv. 5 with Pound -.-v

I’ll only know tomorrow night (ya to midnight launch)

well, that’s to be expected honestly.. perhaps the card is preloaded in the ball? It appears the ball can hold some information/data..

Can multiple profiles obtain the mew then? Or is it just the first save that uses it?

Edit: Ninja'd by that edit. Looks like it might be for all saves then? Neat.  Actually read what Kirzi said about that flag, so I'm curious if it is still.

Edited by Britty

50 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

omg it isn't worth to buy the pokeball for such a mess mew -.-

it was for me.

I was able to teach it random TMs I got from NPCs while playing.
Otherwise, I normally wouldn't play with a Mew at the end of the game play.
(to an extent, I'm salty that getting Meltan is rather late)

Besides, I was originally gonna buy the Ball Plus anyway, the Mew simply sealed the deal for me.
(I like the Ball plus, been playing with it so far)

26 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Because it’s not there. You wouldn’t even be able to inject it at this point.

pkhex is already out for the switch games...........

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

would you rather a PKM file? :3

yea sure. Im just interested to see how it looks when traveling with u l

Edited by phillyrider807

@phillyrider807 PLEASE don't double post.

When ajxpk meant is that for those games, the wonder card apparently isn't stored on the save.
If the users DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY receives the gift upon redemption, there is no reason to save the wonder card on the save.
Thus, you can't inject what which does not exist.

Here is the PB7:

151 - Mew - 9872CB42B168.pb7

Just now, theSLAYER said:

@phillyrider807 PLEASE don't double post.

When ajxpk meant is that for those games, the wonder card apparently isn't stored on the save.
If the users DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY receives the gift upon redemption, there is no reason to save the wonder card on the save.
Thus, you can't inject what which does not exist.

Here is the PB7:

151 - Mew - 9872CB42B168.pb7

Ahh gotcha!! Sorry!

It appears it is one Mew per Pokeball Plus, I received the Mew on Lets Go Pikachu, then started a game on Lets Go Eevee, delivered Oak's parcel to unlock the functionality to communicate with the Pokeball Plus, however was told "This Pokeball Plus doesn't contain any Pokemon presents."

I then went back to Lets Go Pikachu on and put Mew on the Pokeball Plus to go for a walk, then tried again to receive him on Lets Go Eevee, however was told the Pokeball Plus doesn't contain any presents.

You also can't return a Pokemon from a walk on a different game, otherwise you get told someone else Pokemon is on the ball and the results from the walk will be deleted.

Screenshots below of when i received my Mew:

This appears when the Pokeball Plus is connected for the first time:

434834626_Mew(1).thumb.jpg.6b24633521748444cbbd1c7b80f9ed24.jpg

The receiving Mew process:

365395657_Mew(2).thumb.jpg.d429b8ca6c82e017db81b72907b94214.jpg

587364613_Mew(3).thumb.jpg.0983fc51f2cfb2fb8c154f7c3ae1016c.jpg

2035705697_Mew(4).thumb.jpg.1818de8cee6c488959f98e821a58d398.jpg

2059799585_Mew(5).thumb.jpg.74af3ca58f6eba0494fd20f949fc6fd2.jpg

1344706033_Mew(6).thumb.jpg.0a0f6caafc4f53da177b416ef72ce464.jpg

503127541_Mew(7).thumb.jpg.58ad0c8ae60711470489bdb3d86f2063.jpg

1556728095_Mew(8).thumb.jpg.c50f207e73662b110011e0e0286dc046.jpg

1620789058_Mew(9).thumb.jpg.bc79d54ad4a11b73c4b59e8bf2e2a2ff.jpg

1768668116_Mew(10).thumb.jpg.adf41273987a15ed3632f6cb65040f03.jpg

124234139_Mew(11).thumb.jpg.d8e45f1bff9b4143350637b760d247c6.jpg

205772839_Mew(12).thumb.jpg.25f10a1eb2414b97e8fbb29e2199851f.jpg

271544926_Mew(13).thumb.jpg.8b5659f08364336201ffec020b7ff01e.jpg

Message that is displayed when trying to obtain a Mew on a different game, after already receiving a Mew:

1551257954_Mew(14).thumb.jpg.3074b1e79674826a3dd061f59bb645a1.jpg

Message displayed when trying to take a Pokemon from a different game for a stroll with a Pokemon already on the Pokeball Plus from a different game:

958933858_Mew(15).thumb.jpg.8908874b5d9c74194a05860107728ff0.jpg

If nothing else screenshots to preserve as much as this unique event as possible. It's going to be a rare thing getting an event Pokemon on a unique piece of hardware like this.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 3

I wonder how many greedy scalpers are going to grab up a ton of Pokeball Plus, then sell them for twice/x-times the price once they are no longer offered for sale with Mews inside.

I have no idea how this hardware works. But the point I wanted to get at, is that I wonder if there's a way to wirelessly communicate(similar to wc7full RAM dumps) and extract the data from an unused PBP, and re-inject the data at any given point. Therefore preserving the original event the way it was intended.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1
  • Teary-Eyed 1

33 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I wonder how many greedy scalpers are going to grab up a ton of Pokeball Plus, then sell them for twice/x-times the price once they are no longer offered for sale with Mews inside.

I have no idea how this hardware works. But the point I wanted to get at, is that I wonder if there's a way to wirelessly communicate(similar to wc7full RAM dumps) and extract the data from an unused PBP, and re-inject the data at any given point. Therefore preserving the original event the way it was intended.

As described by SciresM, the Pokeball plus is akin to an auto serial code, so when the user uses, they simply need to connect to the internet, and the redemption is validated.

The wonder card is probably in the RAM, just not stored in the save itself :/

Well there goes my theory, didn't realize it was like serial codes and needed internet verification... Scalpers are definitely going to jump on this, unless there's an expiration date.

Wow, that's really sad... A future where we can't preserve full mystery gifts? Back to Gen I and II preservation methods I guess, just the .pkm. So ideally we'd want get many preserved so it's not just the same handful of clones being spread around...

So if I understand, even if it is theoretically possible to grab the wondercard data from RAM, it'd ultimately be useless? Personally, I'd still preserve them if possible. I guess there's no way to spoof the server, but maybe some custom method to generate pokemon with the wondercards will be developed in the future. All considering if sufficient data can be preserved, I'm just saying this from a viewpoint of not knowing how events work in these games.

Edited by Deoxyz

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:

Well there goes my theory, didn't realize it was like serial codes and needed internet verification... Scalpers are definitely going to jump on this, unless there's an expiration date.

Wow, that's really sad... A future where we can't preserve full mystery gifts? Back to Gen I and II preservation methods I guess, just the .pkm. So ideally we'd want get many preserved so it's not just the same handful of clones being spread around...

So if I understand, even if it is theoretically possible to grab the wondercard data from RAM, it'd ultimately be useless? Personally, I'd still preserve them if possible. I guess there's no way to spoof the server, but maybe some custom method to generate pokemon with the wondercards will be developed in the future. All considering if sufficient data can be preserved, I'm just saying this from a viewpoint of not knowing how events work in these games.

Well for starters someone could find out how to access their servers.
Another way would be RAM dumps. The wonder cards are definitely in the RAM, so checking there helps.

Ultimately, I'll expect that RAM dumping and hacking their Switch is too much of a hassle for most people,
so we'll have to live off traded .PB7 files.

Well, we could use PKHeX to generate the PB7 based on the wonder card.
It already has that existing function for previous games (drag the wonder card into the left tab, and it generates the file as a PK.)

• Like 1