LGPE - PokeBall Plus Mew

theSLAYER

• theSLAYER changed the title to LGPE - PokeBall Plus Mew
13 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Why Mew events are so disgusting rare or expansive?

1. Not known if any Gen 7 games can communicate with LGPV upon launch
2. Mew can't be encountered in LGPV.
3. It's not like they can give a Pokemon from Gen 2 and above XD

Maybe they forgot about the Mew in P-Go. Or maybe the promotion is focused on people who don't play Pgo.
In any case, it's a move to push sales.

This just made me consider getting one. I originally wouldn't have gotten one.

Also:

image.png

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1. Not known if any Gen 7 games can communicate with LGPV upon launch

In my opinion they won't.

There will be a port of Pokemon Bank for Nintendo Switch that will allow you to transfer Pokemon from LGPV to Gen 8 games and that's all.

We can even consider it as the first new generation event Pokemon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

We can even consider it as the first new generation event Pokemon. 

Presently, it appears the consensus is to treat the the games as Gen 7,
and I can't entirely disagree with the reasoning behind it,

9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

In my opinion they won't.

There will be a port of Pokemon Bank for Nintendo Switch that will allow you to transfer Pokemon from LGPV to Gen 8 games and that's all.

I think it's exactly that too.
Bank to allow SMUSUM -> 2019 game and LGPV -> 2019 game, with no transfer between SMUSUM to LGPV

34 minutes ago, Denizen said:

so its not under a truck? LOL XD

Sadly no XD

I just reached a part of the Treehouse playthrough, and I was listening to what Masuda was saying.

He expressed that it felt kindly lonely to start out with an empty PokeBall Plus (and you could kind of hear it in his voice). After much thought, they decided that Mew was the best candidate to be the first Pokemon in the Pokeball Plus!

He thought it was cool for players to be able to play and hear the Mew in the Ball, even before they get home and transfer it to their Switch!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Sadly no XD

I just reached a part of the Treehouse playthrough, and I was listening to what Masuda was saying.

He expressed that it felt kindly lonely to start out with an empty PokeBall Plus (and you could kind of hear it in his voice). After much thought, they decided that Mew was the best candidate to be the first Pokemon in the Pokeball Plus!

He thought it was cool for players to be able to play and hear the Mew in the Ball, even before they get home and transfer it to their Switch!

Such a sweet way to press us to get that accessory (50$).

If they really wanted to give us a bonus without disguting us they could have choose another Pokemon like ... Voltorb with an event move, it should have been more fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

In any case, it's a move to push sales.

This just made me consider getting one. I originally wouldn't have gotten one.

That's really made me consider it now too, I do play a lot of Pokemon Go so it will have its uses too. It's just a lot of money for something that would be fun to have, but hardly essential.

Nintendo know how to market things to me! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

That's really made me consider it now too, I do play a lot of Pokemon Go so it will have its uses too. It's just a lot of money for something that would be fun to have, but hardly essential.

Nintendo know how to market things to me! 

I gotta agree. Originally in my mind, I was like

"Nah, I already got joycons, why would I need a ball shaped one. I've been playing Go just fine"

*Free Mew with Purchase*

"Well, an extra one won't hurt, plus maybe it's time to utilize the Go + features. Plus, get a sweet sweet Mew to add to our collection!"

10 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

You can transfer a Mew from Pokemon Go too, so if you've played that enough to obtain Mew then you have options.

However from what I gather anything transferred from Pokemon Go can't go back which makes me reluctant to do that.

I created a second account to obtain Mew. XD
BTW I've been meaning to ask you regarding that.

Gonna need help for Go region exclusives.
I'm aiming to collect all 151 in Go, to be transferred over.

5 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Through Pokemon history this is the most expansive paying event.

At least with Colosseum Bonus Disc (~50$) in Japan we had 2 Pokemon at the time (Pikachu and Celebi).

Expensive* (it's a different word. I kept getting confused when you used expansive ;D )

I agree, it is a supremely expensive event, if you didn't originally plan to buy one. (ignoring purchasing old events from the internet)

Might not be the most expensive one. The elusive unannounced shiny Jirachi that mirrored the Pokemon Center one was a nightmare to get to.
Plus some events in Japan require traveling (their transport isn't exactly cheap, especially if its far away) or buying stuff (like Pokescraps), so collecting those are also a pain.

1 minute ago, ajxpk said:

I don't think it can be seen like this because the 50$ aren't for the Mew. And the Poké Ball Plus would most likely still cost 50$ with or without the Mew. What bothers me more is that I can see some Third-party sellers getting their hands on this. But it really depends how big the demand is. That's the biggest question in my opinion btw... will Let's Go be a success?

Wonder how third-party sellers will convert it into something better. I think there's a Go+ third party dongle that was functionally better than a Go+.

Let's Go nostalgia factor might win back a few old fans. It's easy game-play might convert a few Go players.
It being released at year end makes it a perfect bundle as Christmas present for kids. Not every main-series player will boycott it.

I don't expect it to exceed Gen 7 sales, but would think it'll come close.

• Like 1

The Switch is already hacked with save game backup and restoration possible. So my plan is to obtain the Mew and dump a copy of my save right after. Given time i'm sure PKHeX will be updated to support the games, meaning we can preserve this event and make it available the same as others.

In regards to Let's Go been a success, personally I don't think it will be anything but that. Even if more core players don't like it theirs enough Pokemon Go players out there who will be interested in it im sure.

The Let's Go games and Pokeball accessories are already the best selling item in there respective Amazon categories:

pokeball-plus.jpg.84172c17cab5ec61340c36f72139f5e3.jpg

Everyone I know with a Switch is already planning on buying Let's Go.

8 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I don't think it can be seen like this because the 50$ aren't for the Mew. And the Poké Ball Plus would most likely still cost 50$ with or without the Mew. What bothers me more is that I can see some Third-party sellers getting their hands on this. But it really depends how big the demand is. That's the biggest question in my opinion btw... will Let's Go be a success?

It's already sold out in many sellers, I think it'll challenge BOTW, even if harcore players are not over hyped.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Expensive* (it's a different word. I kept getting confused when you used expansive ;D )

I agree, it is a supremely expensive event, if you didn't originally plan to buy one. (ignoring purchasing old events from the internet)

Might not be the most expensive one. The elusive unannounced shiny Jirachi that mirrored the Pokemon Center one was a nightmare to get to.
Plus some events in Japan require traveling (their transport isn't exactly cheap, especially if its far away) or buying stuff (like Pokescraps), so collecting those are also a pain.

Sorry, I'm not english-native I do sometimes errors. Most of the time I'm correcting myself after.

The real challenge will be to collect all exclusives moves in PGO all of them are time limited and can even be usefull in battle like Quick Attack Staryu/Porygon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm looking to do that too so happy to help and collaborate on that.

I've got every Gen 1 Pokemon except Tauros, I've also got multiples of everything except Mew so can happily transfer most of them.

7 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Sorry, I'm not english-native I do sometimes errors. Most of the time I'm correcting myself after.

The real challenge will be to collect all exclusives moves in PGO all of them are time limited and can even be usefull in battle like Quick Attack Staryu/Porygon. 

Yeah I know, just pointing it out :)

Yeah, some of those Pokemon are too late for me. I totally missed the Surfing Pikachu community event.

Still, we're not sure if the PGo moves actually get carried over. I think the Treehouse presentation showed a 1CP Pinsir being caught?
I think minimum CP in PGo is 10, so as a result, I don't know what to think of it :/

6 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

I'm looking to do that too so happy to help and collaborate on that.

I've got every Gen 1 Pokemon except Tauros, I've also got multiples of everything except Mew so can happily transfer most of them. 

That's good to hear! A few of the Legendary birds (and Japan/Asia exclusives) I'll probably transfer from my main,
and everything else can come from you and Jase (he's playing another alt account for us right now)

[I'm at 111 Kanto Pokemon on the Alt, so a bulk will come from that living dex]

Tho I'm wondering how the OT trainer system would work.
The demonstration showed we're using a standard ball from our inventory,
so I'm wondering if the ball information and move information gets updated, as tho we are catching a wild Pokemon. (so OT is us)

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah I know, just pointing it out :)

Yeah, some of those Pokemon are too late for me. I totally missed the Surfing Pikachu community event.

Still, we're not sure if the PGo moves actually get carried over. I think the Treehouse presentation showed a 1CP Pinsir being caught?
I think minimum CP in PGo is 10, so as a result, I don't know what to think of it :/

That's good to hear! A few of the Legendary birds (and Japan/Asia exclusives) I'll probably transfer from my main,
and everything else can come from you and Jase (he's playing another alt account for us right now)

so I'm wondering if the ball information and level information gets updated, as tho we are catching a wild Pokemon. (so OT is us)

It was a 10CP Hitmonlee that became a lv1.

I think moves will be carry over.

For the OT it can be like PalPark or the game could just generate a wild Pokemon.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

[I'm at 111 Kanto Pokemon on the Alt, so a bulk will come from that living dex]

so I'm wondering if the ball information and move information gets updated, as tho we are catching a wild Pokemon. (so OT is us)

Having a look though my game it appears I have transferred some Pokemon I had multiples of at some point.

Potentially rare Pokemon I only have 1x of:

• Hitmonchan
  • Hitmonlee
  • Electabuzz
  • Lapras
  • Mew (Can't transfer it anyway apparently)

Potentially rare Pokemon I have multiples of:

• Farfetch'd (21x) (Regional)
  • Kangaskhan (5x) (Regional)
  • Mr Mime (7x) (UK Regional, I so can catch very frequently)
  • Gyarados (2x) (Got enough candy for 3x more, waiting for that shiny karp!)
  • Porygon (7x)
  • Snorlax (5x)
  • Articuno (3x)
  • Zapdos (4x)
  • Moltres (5x)
  • Dragonite (8x)
  • Mewtwo (4x)

Pokemon I don't have:

• Tauros (Regional)

Theirs also a few like Ekans / Arbok I only have 1x of, however that's easy enough to sort out. Between a few of us on here I can't really see any Pokemon been an issue to be honest.

In regards to the OT I hope it keeps your Pokemon Go trainer name, I suspect the ball information might change too, however i'd be ok with that.

I'm curious if the location data of where the Pokemon was caught in the real world will remain too. I do think that will be nice been able to see that on the Switch games.

1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

According to Serebii.net PGO Mew cannot be transfered to Let's Go, should I have to add anything ? (disgusted)

That's annoying as it would have been nice to have a completed Gen 1 Pokemon Go living dex on the Switch.

Serebii also mentions "It's also noted that the Mew gift may not be able to be redeemed after a certain period of time. This period of time is unclear"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

According to Serebii.net PGO Mew cannot be transfered to Let's Go, should I have to add anything ? (disgusted)

If it's true, it's indeed horrible. It's very disappointing if that's the case.

Any idea where Serebii got that information from. I don't remember seeing or hearing that on the video.

Hopefully, they'll allow for it when the Pokeball Plus Mew time period expires.
I want to have a PGo symbol Mew!

edit: Found it on official site.
image.png
source:
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/find-mew-in-the-poke-ball-plus/

Same thing on Japanese site, except they ALSO said that Mew from the Pokeball Plus cannot be transferred to Go.

image.png

source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pika_vee/plus/?top_main002=msign

• Speechless 1

On 6/12/2018 at 12:01 PM, theSLAYER said:

3. It's not like they can give a Pokemon from Gen 2 and above XD

Yeah, they can. It's common knowledge that all Pokémon games in the main series have the data for every species ever stored in them. It wouldn' be hard to just MAKE THEM ENCOUNTERABLE. Seriously. I could make a FR/LG ROM hack in under an hour that gives the player access to all of the species in the game without modifying anything but the maps' wild encounter data. It's so freaking simple.

2 hours ago, Birdstar said:

Yeah, they can. It's common knowledge that all Pokémon games in the main series have the data for every species ever stored in them. It wouldn' be hard to just MAKE THEM ENCOUNTERABLE. Seriously. I could make a FR/LG ROM hack in under an hour that gives the player access to all of the species in the game without modifying anything but the maps' wild encounter data. It's so freaking simple.

I do hope that they program every species inside, but then again, not allowing higher gen Pokemon to be transferred from PGo, reduced my expectation for that.

After all, this isn't Gen 3, unlike the example you listed.
This is a game that breaks some boundaries and traditions regarding traditional Pokemon game design,
and they could easily remove unused Pokemon models (just like how they tried to dummy out unused Pokemon in SM demos),
if they do not plan to allow it to have newer Pokemon :(

Granted, even though the main models of newer Pokemon weren't in the SM demo, they did a bad job leaving some data leftover and was able to be datamined,
but that data wouldn't be usable in the game in the sense of normal gameplay.