Does Technology Make Us More Alone?

theFlash899

so let us have a debate about if technology makes us more Alone

so what i think is that Technology has a big impact with our daily lives and that some people cannot live without it. so is it making us feel Alone and that technology is all we need. Or if we are spending too much time on technology for example, phones, laptops, computers, tablets and many more things. Do u think we should spend less time.

• Relieved 1

13 minutes ago, Poke J said:

I personally think technology has made use more connected.  I’m able to talk to people that are anywhere in the world and have meaningful conversations with people of different languages.  I do believe that technology has made many of us lazy spellers though.

personally i actually agree with @Poke J that it has made people lazy and that everything is done by technology. for example online shopping, Social media etc...  

2 hours ago, PokemonMaster899 said:

personally i actually agree with @Poke J that it has made people lazy and that everything is done by technology. for example online shopping, Social media etc...  

I’d have to disagree with you that online shopping and social media has made people lazy.  Online shopping has help people to sell their product to a larger market place so that they can make a living and buying online helps people to get product that normally isn’t available to them.  Social media can help us stay connected and stay in the loop. 

• Like 1

Technology made me feel alone cuz i didn't meet more girly girls like me on it very often :(

That always made me hurt inside. Cuz I just don't understand WHY 'nice' people should like 'boyish' things...

I've calmed down about all this since i started crushing on tomboyish Korrina but it still hurts to feel alone in who you are in the world :(

And that other people like you are awful people and you can't grasp WHY.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

the fault its people not technology

its something makes thing easier in other century are compltely unknow

my only addiction its computers and i like computing and videogames

watching people with his smartphone makes me feel bad and sick basically because the people itself focus his attention in phone than in the person

the contact face to face nowadays its almost like find shiny pokemon with lottery id winner with good ivs and proper natures

in summary technology makes people alone but in my case its different

yeah people its more conected but exists more potential stalker people

exists more desperate people

and exists people wants be notorious in social media

• Like 1

Considering I spend most of my time playing games and watching videos, while my 16yo brother spends 99% of his time on Minecraft servers/CS:GO/PUBG? and on Discord, I believe (he used to use Skype a lot; I hate its ringtone now) - to the point where he doesn't want to go out anywhere...yes, technology does have an isolating impact, if you allow it to.

Furthermore, since technology allows us to spew hatred and harmful messages all over the globe (cyberbullying, Political Correctness, alt-left), it can also isolate victims that way too.

Not to mention the fact we'd all be royally screwed should anything happen to said technology; one solar flare EMP, and we're effectively thrust all the way back to medieval times.

So yeah, technology does have its massive downsides, to balance out its positives.

• Like 2

It's like most things in life, in that it is whatever you make of it. 

It's easier than ever to go and find people to talk to and expand your world,  but it's also easier than ever to decide "i will only ever interact with X group of people" and shut yourself off from the rest of the world. It's all about balancing it out.  

• Like 2

Instead of meeting someone in person and hanging out with them more, people tend to text or use smartphones to talk to people.

Technology makes you more alone because we are always depending on our phones and other technology; when you start to get too attached to your technology, you start to compare your life with the lives of others. 

so that many people have access to technology and that there is not a lot of restrictions to Technology 

• Speechless 1

• 1 month later...

Well I'm a loner, with or without tecnology; but I think that tecnology is progress, like many people said: Tecnology connects millions of people around the world. So you can find  people with the same interest as you (e.g: Pokémon at this forum) and be able to talk to amazing people. In other side; I don't think it make us lazy, just makes our lives more practical and easier in some aspects.

When I was young I used to play with N64, Game Boy, DreamCast... So if I wanted to play with friends I had to get outside and I didn't felt alone with their company. Nowadays if you wanna play with friends you can do it at your home, that's... Yeah easier and practical but makes feel lonely to some people.

I think that we all gotta make a balance to ourselves, you can use tecnology, yes... But not focus all your lifetime on it cause you'll feel like a loner somehow, like myself. 

6 hours ago, XxPhoenix1996xX said:

When I was young I used to play with N64, Game Boy, DreamCast... So if I wanted to play with friends I had to get outside and I didn't felt alone with their company. Nowadays if you wanna play with friends you can do it at your home, that's... Yeah easier and practical but makes feel lonely to some people.

I think that we all gotta make a balance to ourselves, you can use tecnology, yes... But not focus all your lifetime on it cause you'll feel like a loner somehow, like myself. 

I agree its all about balance, if playing any sort of multiplayer games today i'd sooner be in the same room as the people i'm playing with.

What we used to do in Uni was have a gaming night once a week where we'd meet at someones place with our laptops, order a Pizza and play some random older multiplayer games which would run on everyone's laptop, or we'd bring or Xbox controllers / games around and system link a couple of consoles to play 4 player co-op on Halo or something like that. Sometimes we'd all just sit there on our DS's playing Pokemon chatting / trading / breeding Pokemon.

That's why i still really like the Wii U today, that has loads of 4 player games you can split screen, so its easy to play together with others with little effort required. Better than needing 4x Xbox One's, 4x TV's and 4x Xbox Live subscriptions just to all play in the same Halo 5 game.

If you like Pokemon and want to be more social get out and play Pokemon Go, turn up to one of the monthly community days and you will meet like minded people in your local area.

Your local group might be featured on the Sliph Road map here: https://thesilphroad.com/map or search on Facebook for "Pokemon Go <area name>" i don't live in a big city or anything, however theirs quite a lot of active local Pokemon players which I never expected.