Save Failed

fabio00

Hi!

I was playing Pokemon Leafgreen on my GBA SP and while saving it showed a error message "Save Failed. Checking backup memory".

But nothing more happened...

I turned the GBA off and turned it on again and it said that my save file was deleted...

I had several hours into the game, is there a way to recover it? I can backup the save to PC with a DS Lite.

Please help and thanks for your time...

1 hour ago, fabio00 said:

Hi!

I was playing Pokemon Leafgreen on my GBA SP and while saving it showed a error message "Save Failed. Checking backup memory".

But nothing more happened...

I turned the GBA off and turned it on again and it said that my save file was deleted...

I had several hours into the game, is there a way to recover it? I can backup the save to PC with a DS Lite.

Please help and thanks for your time...

Upload a picture of your Pokemon LeafGreen cart.

I'm getting the feeling that you played on a counterfeit cart (doesn't matter whether you knew it was one), and the battery ran dry.

From my experience, for counterfeit carts, a battery is used to save the game, and for the cart to retain the save.
(This isn't the case for real GBA carts; RSE does use a battery, but it's for Real Time Clock in the game. It still saves even if the battery runs out)

If you indeed had a counterfeit cart, you save is lost forever. Replacing the battery won't bring back the save. (tho it'll allow it to make new saves)

edit:
The alternative is equally bad tho.
If you had a real cart, your flash memory somehow got damaged, and I doubt there's any way to fix it without soldering and replacing parts or something.

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Upload a picture of your Pokemon LeafGreen cart.

I'm getting the feeling that you played on a counterfeit cart (doesn't matter whether you knew it was one), and the battery ran dry.

From my experience, for counterfeit carts, a battery is used to save the game, and for the cart to retain the save.
(This isn't the case for real GBA carts; RSE does use a battery, but it's for Real Time Clock in the game. It still saves even if the battery runs out)

If you indeed had a counterfeit cart, you save is lost forever. Replacing the battery won't bring back the save. (tho it'll allow it to make new saves)

edit:
The alternative is equally bad tho.
If you had a real cart, your flash memory somehow got damaged, and I doubt there's any way to fix it without soldering and replacing parts or something.

It is a real cart.

The problem is the GBA itself, it sometimes does this and crashes. My other GBA is fine and doesn't do this.

The thing is that this time the GBA did this while I was saving...

I guess the save is gone forever...

2 hours ago, fabio00 said:

It is a real cart.

The problem is the GBA itself, it sometimes does this and crashes. My other GBA is fine and doesn't do this.

The thing is that this time the GBA did this while I was saving...

I guess the save is gone forever...

your GBA is the one causing you grief? That's a new one. Do you have a DS and a flashcart, or a game shark/action replay?

just wondering if you had any of those, cause those can be used to back up save files of a GBA cart.

i was wondering if it's possible for you to save on your other GBA, but didn't want to risk overwriting any data on your cart.

I just used this GBA because I wanted to trade some Pokemon from my Ruby.

Never expected that the GBA problem would happen in the precise moment the game was saving.

I can back up the save tomorrow.

When i turn on the game it says that my save file was deleted. I think it will save as normal if I start all over again.

But there isn't any way to fix the deleted save, is it?

If your answer in negative I will restart the game as there isn't any need for me to backup the save...