Help, Presenting a Theoretical in PKHeX

(Background) Okay, I've started a project in which I try to obtain a legal (by USUM standards) shiny Darkai to add to my own personal collection. I've used the void glitch on a Pokemon Diamond emulator to reach Newmoon Island and I'm currently soft resetting for a shiny, and once I catch one, I plan to use PKHeX and homebrew to transfer it to Ultra Sun. 

However, if trying to encounter a shiny becomes too tedious after too many days, would I be able to theoretically catch a regular Darkrai, input it into PKHeX, and make it shiny manually without upsetting its legality? Sorry if that sounds scummy or if this is a stupid question.

1. Void Glitch Darkrai technically isn't legal, because the event was never released to DP. Also, it can be differentiated from Darkrai obtained in Platinum, as it lacks the Fateful Encounter flag. (And fateful encounter details can be checked in-game, so it's easy to tell that it isn't legal)

2. Yes, if you were to give it a valid shiny PID (can be obtained from RNGreporter), it can be legal. (provided you're using a Platinum Darkrai)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1. Void Glitch Darkrai technically isn't legal, because the event was never released to DP. Also, it can be differentiated from Darkrai obtained in Platinum, as it lacks the Fateful Encounter flag. (And fateful encounter details can be checked in-game, so it's easy to tell that it isn't legal)

2. Yes, if you were to give it a valid shiny PID (can be obtained from RNGreporter), it can be legal. (provided you're using a Platinum Darkrai)

Thank you for replying, and damn it dude I didn't know I was messing up so bad. Would it be possible to check the Fateful Encounter flag and set it's origin game to Platinum without having to change anything else? I feel like that defeats the purpose of legit legality but I'm in it for the journey.

32 minutes ago, Throatzilla said:

Thank you for replying, and damn it dude I didn't know I was messing up so bad. Would it be possible to check the Fateful Encounter flag and set it's origin game to Platinum without having to change anything else? I feel like that defeats the purpose of legit legality but I'm in it for the journey.

Yup, that can be done, since the way the PID generated are the same between both games.

Also, you may need to change one or two moves. I think Darkrai at lv 40 gets slightly different movesets between DP and Pt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Yup, that can be done, since the way the PID generated are the same between both games.

Also, you may need to change one or two moves. I think Darkrai at lv 40 gets slightly different movesets between DP and Pt.

Plus Darkrai is encountered at lvl 50 in Platinum so OP will have to change met level aswell. And they need to remove Pursuit from its moveset in order to be traded.

• Like 1