PKHEX INVALID: Invalid Ribbons!

juanpironi

Hello friends, I have a question.
When I want to edit in PKHEX my Butterfree from Pokemon Leaf Green in Pokemon Luna or Sol I get this error: Invalid Ribbons.
If I edit it in Pokemon X and Y it happens the same, so I remove all ribbons and I decided to transfer my Butterfree to Pokemon Omega Rubi and play the Beauty contest, I completed it and they gave me the Beauty Master ribbon.
When I go to the PKHEX to edit my Butterfree, it appears as: Invalid Ribbons: Bueaty Master.
Why? What am I doing wrong...? If in the game they gave me that ribbon, is it a failure/bug of the PKHEX?
Sorry for my English.
I await an answer, greetings :)

butter.JPG

• Kaphotics locked and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Working as intended, PKHeX detects that the ribbon is hacked.

Receiving one of those ribbons increases the original trainer affection by 20 for each contest it participates in. Max out the OT affection and you're done.

I LOVE YOU ! ♥
Thx!

• 11 months later...

I believe I am reviving this topic, but my issue is pretty much related, so... Sometime ago I downloaded a save file provided by Deoxyz which cotains a copilation of pokemon events from generation 3, and I got my hands on a Festa Metang. But whenever I check this bad boy out, Pkhex returns with a bunch of errors, I don't know what I can do to fix it. It even returns with Missing Ribbon National when in reality Metang has that ribbon. Can anyone help me?

The topic is:

Metang.png

Metang2.png

Metang3.png

@InfiniteWL if I'm not mistaken, those errors are there simply because Gen 3 legality checks regarding events aren't perfectly implemented presently.
The errors you see are there because PKHeX isn't treating it as an event mon, so it's reporting to you why an "in-game mon" would be illegal.

Kaphotics edit:

Not all Gen3 events are recognized. Nobody has created a program-digestible list of Gen3 event data, so whatever PKHeX recognizes is what you get.

theSLAYER edit:
Thanks for the confirmation Kaphotics! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, Kaphotics said:

Receiving one of those ribbons increases the original trainer affection by 20 for each contest it participates in. Max out the OT affection and you're done.

I’m having the same issue but tried maxing out the friendship and affection and it’s still saying it’s illegal, any suggestions?

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, Kaphotics said:

Is this valid for pokémon obtained from events? Let's say I have a TANABATA Jirachi, is the affection for the OT (Tanabata) going to increase regardless of oneself (me) bringing the Pokémon to the contest? Will the affection for the "not OT" (me) also increase?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...