Sign in to follow this  
CorniFan

Autism

I wonder who else on this forum has autism like I do.

I mentioned in my profile all about my autism and how it effects my brain too.

I don't mean to scare people off by it....but for now, having my profile explain it comfort's me.

I cried a lot over things I don't quite know how to control due to the autism tonight too :(

I may also join some autism support forum sometime soon too. I want to meet others like me and maybe support them also with what i've learned from being mentally disabled myself....

• Like 3

Both myself and my younger sister have Asperger's. I also have Tourette's, OCD and ADHD, which were daignosed when i was 6. My mom suspected i was on the spectrum, but I wasn't daignosed until i was 18. I too have cried over lack of control in my life. I think we all (not just autists) struggle with that. And don't think of autism as a disability, we're just wired a bit differently. I consider myself differently abled, not disabled.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Delta Blast Burn said:

Both myself and my younger sister have Asperger's. I also have Tourette's, OCD and ADHD, which were daignosed when i was 6. My mom suspected i was on the spectrum, but I wasn't daignosed until i was 18. I too have cried over lack of control in my life. I think we all (not just autists) struggle with that. And don't think of autism as a disability, we're just wired a bit differently. I consider myself differently abled, not disabled.

Differently abled.....I like that :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CorniFan said:

Differently abled.....I like that :)

I thought you might. Whenever I meet someone who considers themselves disabled, I throw that line out there. It tends to change their mind.

• Like 2

I edited my profile to less dramatize my autism.

I was sorta having a hard night last night anyways. o.O;;;

The posts in the thread are refreshing reads :)

EDIT: Thanks everyone. ^_^

Edited by CorniFan
  • Like 2

My crush on Korrina has been a helpful tool for my autism.

I used to be extremely mentally unwell before getting into her. I rather not get into the details :( But she makes this world feel happier for me now :)

You wouldn't be able to tell much just from my profile, but I have autism as well. Was diagnosed when I was 3. Sure, I've had a fit or two in the past, but those are behind me now.