1st Gen Games for DSi?

Mushen

Well. I had a question that kept coming back to me.

They recently did Red and Blue (FireRed and LeafGreen) for GBA...

However I think they should re-do it ONCE more in the Gen IV graphics with Wi-Fi capability. This would make almost all of the games in the same graphic and technological generation.

Is there any way we can convince these guys to do that? And would it be worth it?

There are few good reasons to do that, but there are reasons. They are:

-Pokémon Attacks would be separated into the modern Physical and Special differences.

-Touch Screen Capabilities.

-"Better" Graphics.

-Important People and Pokémon sprites have more than one frame.

Honestly, that is not enough. FireRed and LeafGreen are good games as they are and a DS version of them is unnecessary, it probably would not sell very well either.

Along with all of that the effort to get GameFreak to even consider making it would probably be wasted... I think I just, more or less, ended the thread.

PS: I am not saying that it is a bad idea... Just a bad idea for a business to try, you have to remember that Pokémon is a franchise so the makers are looking for revenue.

Well. I had a question that kept coming back to me.

They recently did Red and Blue (FireRed and LeafGreen) for GBA...

However I think they should re-do it ONCE more in the Gen IV graphics with Wi-Fi capability. This would make almost all of the games in the same graphic and technological generation.

Is there any way we can convince these guys to do that? And would it be worth it?

When you say "Recently" is 5 years really that recent?

• 1 month later...

i bet the idea of releasing GB & GBC titles has passed the minds of nintendo long before the DSi was even released.

it would earn some cash however there are other titles that needs to be focussed on. people are not made of money and if nintendo releases multiple games at once each title will all be sold less.

i think classics can be expected but not very soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait...no! A WiiWare remake of Red/Blue that can communicate with any Gen 4 game (but only if transferring a gen 1 Pokémon) and has graphics good enough for the Wii.

Here's what I mean, it's almost exactly the same as R/B except has 3D graphics and possibly a non-Bird's-Eye view engine. It [might] have Wi-Fi support for trading and DS communication for transferring Gen 1 Pokémon. It has all the MOVES of Gen 1-4, but not all of the Pokémon. When transferred from a DS game, it could be a migrate-type move and possibly a system to modify the HM data to match the WiiWare's HM list (might be exploited, we'll have to see if they do it if they even make the game in the first place) or just use the regular Migrate standards. It's like a twisted-around Time Machine/Pal Park hybrid, I guess...

So you play the game as normal, but with the new graphics and functionality. Wouldn't that be shweet?